• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

I love Onslaught. I'm just surprised that a character like Mockingbird is more popular than Banschee or Gladiator (who is part of one of the most prominent story archs in comic history).

Not Mockingbird, Songbird. Songbird's popular because it's really just she and Zemo left to complete the T-bolts, she's been a Minimate want for years at this point.

We STILL need Mockingbird though. :sweat:

Well complete a version of the T-bolts. There have ben a lot of line-ups and even concepts for that name over the "teams" short history.

We all bring our own biases to collecting. Me, I'm much more an Avengers guy than an X-fan. (and I have been longer than most) So I wanted Black Knight more than Songbird, Banshee, or Gladiator. But I was out voted. Apparently badly. Not saying I don't want like, or want Banshee and Gladiator at some point, just that there are characters I want to see more.

Oh Onslaught... where to begin.

I hate what Onslaught became, what the story represented, what that time in Marvel history was trying to do. Onslaught started as a simple enough story, Charles' dark side, which had physically manifested to cause problems before, was going o be back with a vengence. Then the suits got antsy about making the X-founder a closet jerk. (would that they would have kept that attitude, looking at you, Danger and Vulcan) So they added Magneto's evil to the mix. Okay fine. Then the real Meta crap started hitting the fan. Marvel was broke. And the big suits involved were floating the idea of breaking up Marvel and selling off the parts. And by that, I mean break up the universe and sell off different title groups. They had interest in the Spider, and X-family of titles, as they had been forced into fairly self contained pods. The rest was a tougher sell. So they tried to show that the titles could be successful if separated out and rebooted. Thus Heroes Reborn. Thus Onslaught was elevated past it's original design to serve as the engine that brought about HR. So, knowing all the Meta-crap that went into Onslaught, it keeps me from enjoying the character. To me, he represents a very low point in Marvel company history.

And yes, we still need Mockingbird.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commander Rogers parts will be packed in with NFJ for those who don't know who NFJ is.

Ghost Rider's head and flames will be translucent, and I think a couple of cool backlit shots should change a few minds about how awesome he is.

Nova Corpsman comes with extra alien heads, in case that was missed.

Spidey can be broken down to his pre-cybernetics battle-damaged look.

This series was created using your suggestions, the general public's votes, and a WHOLE lotta faith in me from DSTChuck, so hopefully it does well. It will probably never happen again, but if it does halfway decent, at least I won't get disapproving looks from my boss every time I see him. He already thinks I have Stockholm syndrome hanging out with you guys all the time.

How many... just so I know how many packs to order!?

I love Onslaught. I'm just surprised that a character like Mockingbird is more popular than Banschee or Gladiator (who is part of one of the most prominent story archs in comic history).

Don't get me wrong - i do love Banshee and Gladiator... But Banshee has been noticeably absent in the x-books for the better part of a decade, while Songbird has featured in comics through-out the 00's, while also appearing in the SHS cartoon, and is a major, playable character in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2. She's had quite a lot more exposure over the last 10 years than poor ol' Banshee.

I'm actually particularly stoked for some of the characters who i *didn't* vote for. Nemo & Cyborg Spidey weren't on my list, but they look like damn fine MiniMates.

This series was created using your suggestions, the general public's votes, and a WHOLE lotta faith in me from DSTChuck, so hopefully it does well. It will probably never happen again, but if it does halfway decent, at least I won't get disapproving looks from my boss every time I see him. He already thinks I have Stockholm syndrome hanging out with you guys all the time.

Bah ha ha. It's not Stockholm syndrome... you can leave whenever you want to.... you just don't want to :P

I'm not as in love with this army builder as other possibilities (i was hoping we'd see Mandroids, Madorxs or Cuckoos), but I love, Love, LOVE that Chuck went along with this idea, and i want to reward your enthusiasm and his trust.

I'm going to order a case of wave 50.

Spidey is a solid seller for you guys. a LOT of people want Songbird. Nova & the Nova Corps are getting a BIG push from Marvel right now. I really think you're efforts could pay off with this wave.

I'm actually particularly stoked for some of the characters who i *didn't* vote for. Nemo & Cyborg Spidey weren't on my list, but they look like damn fine MiniMates.

Errr... did you mean Nova, Nate, or am I not familiar with a nickname?

Errr... did you mean Nova, Nate, or am I not familiar with a nickname?
. I think he was actually talking about ZEMO :)

I think all the options from the poll had equal merit, I just think given the circumstances some of them didn't stand a chance. I think we definitely need a new bulked-up Abomination to go with the Hulks, but I don't think any of us were going to vote for him over a new character, since this was the first time we ever got a direct say in the lineup.

Valo is right, I voted for Songbird only so she can go stand by my T-bolts, if I had not had that hole in my collection I would of voted for some one else... I still voted for A-Bomb :)

Pretty much, yeah. Closest thing I voted for that was not a wholely new character is Ghost Rider, and two things went into that vote- I really like the new design for Ketch Rider, and if not now, then probably never. Most pf the other choices, Cap-Wolf not withstanding, in that category I figure will be made down the road somewhere.

edit:

Correction, I forgot I voted for Mutated Thing, for pretty much the same reasons as GR, a little less so on the second than the first.

Edited by Mirymate

The one thing that sticks out for me about what Zach said about Songbird winning by a landslide, is that there are a lot of team-completists out there. She's not the strongest character on her own in terms of recognition, but she's essential to completing the Norman Osborn roster of Thunderbolts.

This is a great thing. We here at the MMV are but a fraction of the Minimate collectors, so our voices don't always speak for the entire collector base. But to know there's such strong support for completing teams is a great thing.

The occasional Boomer/Rictor or Magma/Dani Moonstar type pack is great by my standards, and I like seeing others appreciate them too. But things like a bulked-up Abomination, or Winter Soldier are wider-appeal items, and are so close to being no-brainers for eventual release that I'm just not going to vote for them, I expect to get them eventually.

As a team-completist, I'm thrilled to see others feel the same way, because that is one of the many strengths of Minimates.

For the record, I voted whole heartedly for Songbird over Banshee and would do so again. Aside from finishing the long-in-the-tooth Giant Sized X-Men set, I don't have any desire to add him to my collection. Personally, I'd rather have a Siren before I we got a Banshee, but that's my classic X-Force fan talking.

Plus, with Songbird we're that much closer to finishing that awesome Avengers Forever team. We just need a modern Wasp (or, modern 5 years ago...), Clint as Goliath, and (my personal fave) Genis-Vel.

Hey if it's reconfession time, I didn't vote for Songbird or Banshee. I voted for Falcon and the Black Knight, (I know try not to pass out from the shock of that surprise)

I suppose on the one hand I should be happy, my favorite team just keeps getting bigger and closer to finish... but that's mostly because the Avengers keeps adding new members of folks I already have minimates for. Unfortunately it's mostly forward growth, and not the legions of older Avengers that sit unmade.

Hey if it's reconfession time, I didn't vote for Songbird or Banshee. I voted for Falcon and the Black Knight, (I know try not to pass out from the shock of that surprise)

I suppose on the one hand I should be happy, my favorite team just keeps getting bigger and closer to finish... but that's mostly because the Avengers keeps adding new members of folks I already have minimates for. Unfortunately it's mostly forward growth, and not the legions of older Avengers that sit unmade.

Falcon and Black Knight FTW! I hope we get to both of them soon.

I am happy for those that got characters they wanted. I just hope we see the characters I want get made.

Namely, classic Falcon, Black Knight, Banshee, the Mindless Ones, Mandroids, Baron Strucker, bulky Abomination, mutated Thing, savage gray Hulk, deep sea Iron Man and Iron Man 2020.

Yes, most of my wants didn't get made... So this wave kinda feels like sour grapes. Even Songbird... Because it's the Busiek and Bagley era of Thunderbolts that I want made and not the Ennis ones so much.

So yeah, glad for others... But really hoping this wasn't the last chance for these characters.

Edited by Mystery Man

I think this was one of those occasions where there were so many awesome characters in the poll that whoever won we would always be clamouring for more! I was very happy overall as I voted for songbird and zemo, and as an old school avengers fan first and foremost I was really glad to see daddy zemo as the variant! However, black knight was probably my top want from all the characters featured and I suspect he may be quite a long way off getting made as there aren't the same film opportunities for him to be brought to the fore as maybe there are for falcon or winter soldier for example. However the main point has to be what a great thing it was for Zach to organise it and let's hope it does well as a wave to maybe make something similar possible in future - and of course keep him popular at DST!

I can't wait to see Onslaught in all his 90s goofiness. Nova was my last choice for an army builder next to HAMMER, but I'm digging them now. I see there's two human hair pieces, is one for Richard and one Robbie? Is the blue guy supposed to be anyone in particular? I thought it might be Morrow but the hair doesn't match.

I can't wait to see Onslaught in all his 90s goofiness. Nova was my last choice for an army builder next to HAMMER, but I'm digging them now. I see there's two human hair pieces, is one for Richard and one Robbie? Is the blue guy supposed to be anyone in particular? I thought it might be Morrow but the hair doesn't match.

officially, they are all generic centurions. Unofficially...

For the record, I voted whole heartedly for Songbird over Banshee and would do so again. Aside from finishing the long-in-the-tooth Giant Sized X-Men set, I don't have any desire to add him to my collection. Personally, I'd rather have a Siren before I we got a Banshee, but that's my classic X-Force fan talking.

Plus, with Songbird we're that much closer to finishing that awesome Avengers Forever team. We just need a modern Wasp (or, modern 5 years ago...), Clint as Goliath, and (my personal fave) Genis-Vel.

1) I absolutely WEEP at the thought of Nicieza and Liefeld's X-Force being referred to as "classic"

2) HELL YES to "modern" Wasp (black and gold)