• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to seeing the proto figures for this wave.

GR I have always hd a soft spot for and I want to see the new flame pieces.

Spidey I may have multiples of but I rember reading this storyline and I think with the addition of removable/additional pieces would give the casual buyer a base Spidey which seems to cover all bases.

Onslaught. Im not a big mondernish X fan but I do like what has been done with the bulky figures upto now.

Songbird. Again not my main comic reading but I understand why ppl want her.

Zemo. both versions, yes plz...Iconic look is a bonus but to get both is a big thumbs up.

Nova. This is the Nova for me, the yellow arms the three sunbursts, again older comic reader so this is what I saw first before it became the marvel version of the GL Corps.

Nova. This is the Nova for me, the yellow arms the three sunbursts, again older comic reader so this is what I saw first before it became the marvel version of the GL Corps.

Wasn't the Nova Corps always Marvel's version of the Green Lantern Corps? They weren't necessarily featured much, but I thought the idea was there.

I'm also thrilled with the Nova Centurion since it can be a classic Rich Rider and has the extra head. I'm going to be looking for other heads to use, I know I have at least one Skrull available.

Here's the link from the NYCC thread that had the concept art: http://imperialholocron.com/?p=2691

Cuckoos would have been great, but i don't think they were ever *really* in contention.

Don't get me wrong, i voted for them - but i doubt that they're in huge demand with the casual toy-buying population.

As for the Nova crops. . . . was that always the story? Were they always marvels GL's? I always thought he was just one guy when i was growing up.

That translucent base that songbird comes with is fantastic. I know Zach said that not all of the sketched accessories will get released, but i really REALLY hope we don't lose this one!

As for the Nova crops. . . . was that always the story? Were they always marvels GL's? I always thought he was just one guy when i was growing up.

I think for a significant amount of time Nova was ignorant of the exact source of his powers and most of the rest of the time he wasn't exactly active as a member of the Corps, at least not the same way GLs are presented by DC.

I'm excited for Zemo and the rest just don't sit well with me. I like a wave with variety but these characters seem a bit iffy.

It doesn't feel like a good representation of a Fan Poll to me. I think it should've been voted on in a different way like overall votes instead of categories.

And then if those characters didn't seem popular enough at that point bring in your Cyborg Spidey or Ghost Rider.

They'll all get released in the future probably.

but I'm callin this the Zemo Wave

Loving Nova and the the Barons Zemo. I have little to no use for the others sadly. But. . .democracy in action!

Love it! Just not a fan of cyborg spiderman? Can someone tell me why such a special interest in it?

One choice from the poll was for a wacky variant.

Edited by karamazov80

Looks an overall great wave to me and I was always very grateful for the chance for fans to vote. I'm sure there are some characters here that we may not have got otherwise, notably songbird and ww2 zemo - my 2 favourites! The nova looks great too. Let's hope these sell well as the idea that Zach mooted of maybe a fan-vote boxset in the future if it does would be cool. Would be curious to know if we will ever see the voting order for the characters that didn't make it though and if not if there is any particular reason why not? Would like to know what that black knight's chances are...

I'm excited for Zemo and the rest just don't sit well with me. I like a wave with variety but these characters seem a bit iffy.

It doesn't feel like a good representation of a Fan Poll to me. I think it should've been voted on in a different way like overall votes instead of categories.

And then if those characters didn't seem popular enough at that point bring in your Cyborg Spidey or Ghost Rider.

They'll all get released in the future probably.

but I'm callin this the Zemo Wave

I don't get what you're looking for. One big poll with all the characters in it? If we'd put everybody in all of the polls up at once and let people vote on them willy-nilly, the winners probably would have been all of Round 1: Spidey, Ghost Rider, Hulk etc. We broke up the poll so they wouldn't dominate the voting, and to balance the assortment with heroes and villains, popular characters and minor characters, and an army builder. We did that for you guys. At the time, everyone was burnt out on the Avengers, and we didn't want another wave of all Avengers. Onslaught, Zemo, and Songbird are all fan-requested characters. I will admit that Nova Centurion was possibly my idea, but people voted for it over all the others. Sorry your favorites were not the favorites of others.

Maybe if we'd posted all four polls at once, there would have been an equal amount of votes cast in the final poll as there were in the first poll, which might have changed the winners in later categories, but who knows. As it stands, these are the five highest vote getters overall:

Ghost Rider 2516

Cyborg Spidey 1723

Songbird 1719

Werewolf Captain America 1562

Onslaught 1535

Love it! Just not a fan of cyborg spiderman? Can someone tell me why such a special interest in it?

One choice from the poll was for a wacky variant.

No, one choice in the poll was for a COOL variant, one that would get an A-lister into the wave without being the same old, same old.

Cyborgs are cool, and Spider-Man is cool, so everybody voted for him. Also, there's probably a lot of nostalgia for the old Toy Biz figure.

Edited by Zach Oat

Zach tried to find interesting, off the radar variants for the core characters, and this was Spidey's. Wouldn't have been my first choice either (and I didn't vote for him), but he's certainly unique. I'm sure a lot of people that voted for him are Spider-Man fans, not necessarily Minimate collectors.

I think this voting system was great. Breaking the characters up into groups, and assuring us that we'd be getting at least one figure from those groups, was definitely the way to go. Assuming that Cyborg Spidey only won because he was the best choice in his category probably isn't true-- in a head to head vote, I'm betting he still comes out on top. I doubt that the final ballot reflected anyone's personal preference (if only because Commander Rogers was dropped from the final lineup in favor of the Zemo variant, which I've yet to hear anyone complain about), but I also doubt that there's anyone that has NOTHING to be excited about here. It's a great wave.

Too bad about Banshee, though :(

But as popular as he is, he'll probably will be released in the future anyway

And there is a lot of X-vers love, so there's that ;)

He'll probably pop up in a TRU wave or something

Hopefully sooner than later :)

We did that for you guys.

And we appreciate it. Some of what I voted for made it in, and some didn't, but I still feel like I won and will be happy to have the entire wave. This is a killer wave, and I thought the poll was done well. And if anyone just really doesn't like the Spidey, that arm could be a nice update for Cable.

I don't know about everyone else, but I had just gotten into comics when "Revenge of the Sinister Six" came out in adjectiveless Spider-Man. Erik Larsen was on the top of his game, with a huge story, great visuals, guest stars, all that. I have the old Toy Biz figure because I loved that story so much, and now I am super excited to get the figure. If you haven't read it, I think they made a new printing of the trade that just came out. It's 90s, and silly, but well worth it.

Assuming that Cyborg Spidey only won because he was the best choice in his category probably isn't true-- in a head to head vote, I'm betting he still comes out on top.

I think I cemented Spidey's second place victory (behind GR) by putting two Iron Men in the poll. Combined, they got over 2000 votes, and while I'm sure some people voted for both, I think either one could have won second place if he'd been solo.

And I wasn't trying to do off-the-wall, necessarily. Cyborg Spidey is fun, and Werewolf Cap is just hysterical, but Mutated Thing and bulked-up Grey Hulk were legit variants I want to see. I'm honestly surprised Team X Wolverine didn't do better.