• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Note to those interpreting the results... no character in our poll would appear to be a total "dud"... I think all the choices so far have been great. I would hope that only an "extremely" poor showing might deter a character from being considered in the future. Particularly with this second poll, the options are so strong that it's tough for any one to float to the top.

Preliminary analysis of our poll does show that team completion is important to people...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with Winter Soldier out of personal affection for the character, and Songbird to finally finish the Thunderbolts. But damn this was tough. I don't know whether to be pleased there were so many good choices or irritated that none of these were in DST's immediate plans.

I think it's very easy to explain. People are voting for the ones they think won't ever have a chance outside the poll and are leaving the bigger names that have great chances of making it in some other wave.

That's my reasoning as well. And even if it's futile, I'm gonna keep voting for the spiky Things and Songbirds.

Um - can poll 2 by the wave? :yes:

I've voted for Banshee & Songbird. I know Banshee is a heavily requested fave, and might get made somewhere down the road, but i've wanted him since i first got my mitts on the GSXM box set.

Songbird tied for first. With all the must-have mates on this list, this boggles my freakin' mind. :confused:
I think it's very easy to explain. People are voting for the ones they think won't ever have a chance outside the poll and are leaving the bigger names that have great chances of making it in some other wave.

Also - she looks cool! Bright colours.Potential for translucent, snap-on wings/accessories. She's very toyetic. Additionally - the line can always use more female characters.

I voted for her because she is actually one of my favourite looking characters in the pool & would make a great toy.

Plus all the stuff Lobby said. :P

So - that's my reasoning for Songbird & Banshee. Also - on a side not, Banshee's wings would be re-usable so DST could make a 90's Syirn / Warpath 2-Pack. Once they do that, it only makes perfect sense for them to create a Sunspot / Gideon set :P

That's my reasoning as well. And even if it's futile, I'm gonna keep voting for the spiky Things and Songbirds.

+1

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

So - that's my reasoning for Songbird & Banshee. Also - on a side not, Banshee's wings would be re-usable so DST could make a 90's Syirn / Warpath 2-Pack. Once they do that, it only makes perfect sense for them to create a Sunspot / Gideon set :P

I just would hope they see we're all (I think at least) a lot more interested in all of these then last week

Do you mean that you hope DST will see that you, Multiverse members, are more interested in unmade second-tier characters than new versions of A-listers? :biggrin: That was to be expected. I got most of these characters from a poll conducted right here, in fact. But we wanted to have some more recognizable characters in the series, so we put together Poll #1, using some wishlisted variants. After all, not all of these characters are that recognizable to casual fans, as we can see.

To be honest, I'm surprised there are people voting here who don't know who Songbird is, or confuse her with Mockingbird. She's been in T-Bolts from the start, is a future Avenger according to the Avengers Forever series, and was a lot more high-profile than Mockingbird for a while there. (To be fair, Mockingbird was dead.) Even more surprised that people think Gladiator is "silly." He was Marvel's Superman loooooong before that Sentry dude came along, and has been a major X-Men character for going on, what, 30 years?

FYI, 4,500 people have voted in Poll #1 so far. More votes will be recorded, though, as more people discover the polls. (Duplicate votes from the same computer are not recorded.) So you can see the size of the audience we're drawing on, and why the polls needed to be split up this way. Some of these guys wouldn't have stood a chance.

1338405087[/url]' post='228831']

I mentioned this in the chat before, but if Luke Cage is chosen, his appearance in What If #34 clearly needs to be the variant:

2j8uZ.jpg

:teehee:

Sweet Christmas! That would be an awesome variant! :)

That is an awesome variant, although I still think we need a re-done Heroes for Hire Luke and Danny sometime soon. The old styled ones were great at the time, but don't hold up any more given the level of detail we are used to these days.

Songbird tied for first. With all the must-have mates on this list, this boggles my freakin' mind. :confused:

Also some of us just like Songbird.

That's cool and all... it's just crushing me because this poll is like my Minimate dream list...3 out of my top 5 'must be made' 'mates are on it, 4 out of my top 10 for chrissakes... and well... let's just say Songbird isn't one of them. There was really only one way I couldn't win with this poll, and it's unfolding before my eyes.

Not trying to disparage anyone's choices, I understand people like what they like. This one is just a tough pill for me to swallow.

What are the other Thunderbolts have been made that she would complete the set of? Just that one 4-pack?

WoW that was a tough round but I had to go with Falcon and Banshee.

I really like Songbird and her character and I do have the rest of that specific Thunderbolts team (There have been quite a few different teams with different costumes) and it probably is my favorite T-Bolts team (tied with the current team, really). I have to find it, but there's an exact panel in on of the issues that says Songbird is very toyetic with the wings and all and since then, I have really wanted this Minimate.

Everyone wants different things. To think Songbird is actually doing as well as she is, even Only here amongst us, an admittedly small part of the voting populace, makes me really happy. And since I can't see any way Zemo ISN'T in next weeks poll, well that's just too much for me.

To be honest, I'm surprised there are people voting here who don't know who Songbird is, or confuse her with Mockingbird. She's been in T-Bolts from the start, is a future Avenger according to the Avengers Forever series, and was a lot more high-profile than Mockingbird for a while there. (To be fair, Mockingbird was dead.) Even more surprised that people think Gladiator is "silly." He was Marvel's Superman loooooong before that Sentry dude came along, and has been a major X-Men character for going on, what, 30 years?

Happens all the time. I felt the same way about the Heralds poll... and about a dozen other things. Songbird has been missing for a long while and only recently turned back up. Apperantly memories are short, or T-Bolts wasn't on their pull list. As for Gladiator... clearly they have no apreciation for Superbo...er...Gladiator and the Legion of Su...er...Shi'ar Imperial Guard.

Of course, if people knew who all these folks were, I'd be out of a "job" around here.

While I am greatly appreciative of DST for even considering the fans for this line (I do not collect anything else and have no idea whether this is common or not), I think the decision process would be a little easier if we saw some control art :whistling:

everyone needs to stop voting for Falcon. We'll get him in the next 2 yrs with the cap movie coming up...have to. Banshee and Songbird on the other hand...

I agree. Same with Bulked up Grey Hulk. We'll get them eventually.

Besides, with Modern Falcon in the poll, I feel there's a good chance we're getting the classic Falcon soon, in either wave 48, 49 or one of the SDCC exclusives.

I say vote for the characters that have less chance of getting made. Werewolf Cap is a great example - He requires a newly tooled head. If we don't vote for him, we'll likely never get him. That werewolf head can be used for other characters like Werewolf by Night, an updated Wolfsbane, and others.

I also chose Songbird because she's necessary to complete our SDCC '09 Thunderbolt teams. And the more time that passes, the less chance we get of seeing her made.