• HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Ended up with 3 and 7.

THe list randomizes, so 3 and 7 are totally different now.

Danny Ketch all the way. Blue flame head piece. More Ghost Riders. I have to say I didn't actually expect any of these to be the ones that showed up. Although why are there two Iron Man versions? I get that they're insanely different and all, and Hydro Iron Man would be awesome for, god anything involving a bathysphere, but why does he get two? Not that I voted for either of them. Blue and Grey all the way. Just wondering.

I like Iron Man, although I later realized I was splitting the Iron Man vote. Maybe I should have left one out, but I'm curious to see if his popularity will help him overcome the odds.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghost Rider and Iron Man 2020 for me (although Arno Stark wasn't really a hero...)

I love that we got to vote for this wave, but the selections themselves were... a bit... em... obscure. I feel like there were potentially better choices for a few of them. I mean, c'mon, Cap Wolf is a more legit variant than Commander Rogers? I know, I know, we've been over the Rogers thing, just... Cap Wolf? And Cyber Spidey... did that actually happen, or was it one of those goofy things they put on a cover for shock value? It would be rad if Deathlok shows up in the support staff poll... Maverick could be a nice round-out for team X Wolvie (although as another mutant-power-to-inexplicably-make-things-go-your-way-while-shooting-guns-at-people character, I wasn't crazy about him).

Sorry to be a drag. Like I said, Zach, you did great going to bat for the fans, and I get that this is kind of a "sausage-making" compromise.

Hey, I would LOVE to get any of these guys. No sausage here. It was actually tough to narrow it down, but when given an option, I went with a Cap that was very different from other Caps, and would otherwise never get made. And we've been over Steve Rogers. Commander Rogers is not Captain America. Let's move on. Spider-Man was actually a cyborg once, yes.

Just voted for Cyborg Spidey only... Probably my least favourite Spider variation, but better than the rest.

Didn't vote for any of the others, as that's one more vote for the competition than i hope any of them get, plus I have absolutely no affinity with any of those looks.

Not quite the choices I'd hoped for... but big thanks to Zach anyway for getting us involved.

You're welcome? This particular poll MAY be skewed towards late '80s-early '90s comic readers, so apologies to our more senior and junior members.

Easy ghost rider and iron man 2020 but the Thing is an A lister? I love the fact we can vote but if the Thing is it a new Luke Cage should have been in there.

Luke Cage is not an A-lister. He doesn't even have a costume. Thing has been in three movies, two of them released, and a dozen cartoons. Sorry, McG.

Huh, a little underwhelming but entirely a surprise, so kudos to DST.

Went with Savage Hulk and Ketch. Hulk i love Grey, and seeing a new Bulky Grey Hulk would be fantastic. Ketch was because i just didn't want any of the others. And, i'll be honest, Werewolf Captain America?? :unsure:

Looking forward to tomorrow though.

Werewolf Captain America is arguably the most famous example of a Marvel event that goes WAY over the top. But that's part of what makes it so great. Also, it's a werewolf Captain America. Remember when DC did the same thing, but with gorillas? Good times.

Poll #2 is next week.

I said I'd vote for the Thing if the spikey version was up and so I did. I said would have to see something really spectacular to cast my vote away from the Gas Rider... Iron Man 2020 and Hydro-Armor... two very tempting variations. And the "Gru is running out of ideas" madness that is Cap-Wolf. Still I stuck with GR. He's the "smallest" of the big names presented. There will be a need for Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Spidey, and Wolverine variants for at least the next two years. Best to strike now, before the stink of his 2 movies drags the Rider back down into relative obscurity.

And if Ghost Rider counts as a A lister with two bad movies... does that mean Blade, with three so-so movies and a bad short lived TV show, ranks higher? Where's green goggles, wodded daggers FA Blade, huh?;)

Ghost Rider and Iron Man 2020 for me (although Arno Stark wasn't really a hero...)

I love that we got to vote for this wave, but the selections themselves were... a bit... em... obscure. I feel like there were potentially better choices for a few of them. I mean, c'mon, Cap Wolf is a more legit variant than Commander Rogers? I know, I know, we've been over the Rogers thing, just... Cap Wolf? And Cyber Spidey... did that actually happen, or was it one of those goofy things they put on a cover for shock value? It would be rad if Deathlok shows up in the support staff poll... Maverick could be a nice round-out for team X Wolvie (although as another mutant-power-to-inexplicably-make-things-go-your-way-while-shooting-guns-at-people character, I wasn't crazy about him).

Sorry to be a drag. Like I said, Zach, you did great going to bat for the fans, and I get that this is kind of a "sausage-making" compromise.

Hey, I would LOVE to get any of these guys. No sausage here. It was actually tough to narrow it down, but when given an option, I went with a Cap that was very different from other Caps, and would otherwise never get made. And we've been over Steve Rogers. Commander Rogers is not Captain America. Let's move on. Spider-Man was actually a cyborg once, yes.

Well in that case it was Ghost 'John' Ritter and Mr. Wolfencap.... Mr. Fancy Pants and your randomizing polls....thinkin' yer better than everyone....Guys a jerk.

Disappointed by the lack of love for Cap-Wolf. He's ridiculous, and that's why I love him. And a poll like this really is his only shot at getting made. He's never going to show up in a movie, cartoon, or probably ever again in the comics. But at one time, in one weak story, Cap-Wolf was published and if I have a shot at getting a Minimate to remember that moment, then that's who I'm going to vote for.

Remember and show some love to the oddball choices in the wave. How many people here still want the human Ben Grimm Minimate for the Secret Wars poll?

Well,I voted on my I phone and I have three more computers so.... Cap wolf here I come!!!

You can vote as many times as you want.I've voted three times till now.Though you have to use a diferrent device or browser.I voted once with my iphone,once with internet explorer and once with mozilla.GR and Cyborg,cyborg and cap,cap and GR.

It's more of correcting my mistakes. Cap has zero chance of happening so I decided to vote for him too. Technically I didn't vote for them. My mom and my dad did. Told them to pick two characters. My dad picked gr and my mom picked Spidey so I told them to vote for cap. You can't accuse me now,I'm clean.;)

No Frog Thor? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:verymad:

*Ahem*

So, that's the bad news. The good is that these are all good choices, with the possible exception of Hydro Armor Iron Man (clearly taking Frog Thor's spot :verymad:). Right now I'm torn between Hulk, IM 20/20, GR and Cap Wolf. I like 20/20 because he's a unique character, but man, am I tired of Iron Man. Ghost Rider could clearly use an update, but I'm just not a big fan. I have fond memories of the Peter David/ Todd McFarlane Hulk, so he's in. That leaves... Cap Wolf? Sure, Cap Wolf. But only because he's the closest to FROG THOR WHOM IS INEXPLICABLY MISSING FROM THIS POLL!:verymad:

(Btw, the poll's not showing up on the toy news page at Marvel.com. Are they embarrassed because it's MISSING FROG THOR?)