• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty cool, actually. I don't know that the winning choices will ultimately satisfy all the hardcore fans when a poll is done this way, but I like the fact that there are categories ensuring these aren't all rehashes, anyway.

Gold Wolverine or Platinum Spidey for Poll #1, please.

This isn't bad at all! Fan polls are always fun and this is a good chance to do something like Ben Reilly Spidey or Scarlet Spider again for the people who missed him the first time around. Besides, anything that appears in this poll that we don't get at least means it's on the radar for the future!

Can you say how obscure the characters in the "supporting cast" wave are? Are all of them directly related to the major characters (who, I assume, are Cap, IM, Thor, Spidey and Wolvie), or are there some left-field choices coughsquirrelgirlmaybecough?

Also, will this be like the previous TRU polls, where everyone in the poll is pretty much slated to get made sooner than later?

Let's not start speculating and wish-listing in this thread, too -- you'll see the first poll line-up on Wednesday. And you can start a new thread for the TRU set.

Support Team is not REALLY obscure characters, but it IS characters who would not headline their own movies (although they might headline their own books).

And there is no way we could possibly SATISFY all of the hardcores. Ever. But I hope seeing your top choices in a poll alongside equally-weighted alternatives will be enough, even if the Marvel.com masses go in another direction. For each poll, no matter who wins, I think the hardcores will be... happy. Eventually. This series is probably a year out at this point, but we need to get started on development.

And since there are 32 nominees for 6 slots (the rare variant will not be a category winner, that would be cruel), it will take a while for us to get to the remaining 26, so don't assume you'll see the losers any time soon. They are on our radar, though.

Edited by Zach Oat

Okay very cool news indeed.

But

Exactly how much cooler did you want to make this Zach? This is pretty darn Awesome, yet you expressed some disappointment earlier on the other thread.

Glad to see you guys are planning ahead to Wave 50, even if it is still a year out.

Only way we could do it, and Marvel.com had a window between billion-dollar blockbusters.

When do you think we may expect to hear info about Waves 48 & 49? SDCC?

Maybe? Think we just finalized Wave 48, which you all will like, I hope, and I have some suggestions for Wave 49.