UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that Joe Quesada's never gonna amount to anything.

If only that were so. . . *cries in the corner*

How frightening is it that Joe Q--a guy with horrible 90s fashion sense--is in charge of Marvel, while Jim Lee--another guy with horrible 90s fashion sense--is a head honcho at DC? While a Rob Liefeld creation (Deadpool) is probably the most popular comic character around after Batman???

Yeah, that Joe Quesada's never gonna amount to anything.

If only that were so. . . *cries in the corner*

How frightening is it that Joe Q--a guy with horrible 90s fashion sense--is in charge of Marvel, while Jim Lee--another guy with horrible 90s fashion sense--is a head honcho at DC? While a Rob Liefeld creation (Deadpool) is probably the most popular comic character around after Batman???

To point this out, both Jim Lee and Joe Q's art style have come a long way. Joe Q's more so than Lee's but both area far cry from their 90's heritage.

Liefeld's art looks the exact same today as it did 20 years ago which is really the saddest part of all that.

I actually saw Quesada drawing Hulk during the commercial breaks to the Avengers cartoon show, and was impressed by his current skills. I actually liked his style (which was more distinctive IMO) in the 1990s, as well as Lee. I had a Wolverine t-shirt that Quesada drew that I wore in middle/high school, and had a Jim Lee X-Men poster on my wall. But costume designers. . .they ain't. Or at least, they ain't good ones :D

Edited by karamazov80

1351734026[/url]' post='249828']

I wouldn't mind seeing remakes of the Frank Quietly New X-Men.

I'd like to see this too, if only to get Xorn, but I'd say it' REALLY unlikely. Marvel pretty much disassociated themselves from that run as soon as it ended. Shame, because it's still probably my favorite X-Men run.

I'd like to see this too, if only to get Xorn, but I'd say it' REALLY unlikely. Marvel pretty much disassociated themselves from that run as soon as it ended. Shame, because it's still probably my favorite X-Men run.

Well, not entirely. It's still how Scott and Emma hooked up and how Jean died.

My version of the New X-Men.

IMG-20121102-00847.jpg

Morrison's run is one of the best X-stories. In addition to the mates above, I have the omnibus, complete single issues and a New X-Men annual 2001 signed by local artist Leinil Yu. :)

a Wolverine movie wave?

I was thinking a comic wolvie wave. I posted it in another 49 thread

Blue costume Patch & Tiger Shark

Team x Wolvie & Maverick

Albert & Shiva Robot

Team X Sabretooth & Shiva robot

TRU exclusives

Daken & Madame Hydra

Dog Face Wolverine & Cyber

Thinking of these made me make my Nuke custom. Fingers crossed cause I would be all over this wave!

After seeing some preview art for the new Iron Man series, I'm completely convinced we're going to see the new Iron Man in this wave. Not that I'm going out on a limb making that prediction, but the new armor is obviously very heavily influenced (and by "influenced" I mean "traced from stills") by the movie versions. Put a new chest piece on the IM2 Iron Man minimate and you're done. That seems too easy to pass up.

Well, not entirely. It's still how Scott and Emma hooked up and how Jean died.

And where we got cat Beast, crystal Emma, the Cuckoos, Quentin Quire, and Fantomex, all very present in the books these days. And Morrison retconned all that Phoenix stuff back in during that run, which kind of led to the big event they just had.

a Wolverine movie wave?

I was thinking a comic wolvie wave. I posted it in another 49 thread

Blue costume Patch & Tiger Shark

Team x Wolvie & Maverick

Albert & Shiva Robot

Team X Sabretooth & Shiva robot

TRU exclusives

Daken & Madame Hydra

Dog Face Wolverine & Cyber

Thinking of these made me make my Nuke custom. Fingers crossed cause I would be all over this wave!

I could *deal* with this wave if I got Tiger Shark. Yes I could. :)