UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

Out of all Marvel NOW!, the Uncanny X-Men have the most radically different looks. I'd be really surprised if we didn't at LEAST see a new Cyclops relatively soon. Although, with everything kind of already planned out, I'd wonder where he'd fit in within the next year of 'mates.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of all Marvel NOW!, the Uncanny X-Men have the most radically different looks. I'd be really surprised if we didn't at LEAST see a new Cyclops relatively soon. Although, with everything kind of already planned out, I'd wonder where he'd fit in within the next year of 'mates.

Wave 57, here we come.

I dig the faux hawk on Carol actually. the awesome thing about minimates is that she will probably come with both hair pieces, a flight stand and energy effects. so much bang for your buck.

I dig the faux hawk on Carol actually. the awesome thing about minimates is that she will probably come with both hair pieces, a flight stand and energy effects. so much bang for your buck.

Assuming DST get a chance to make her before she's killed/mutated/has another costume change...

Zach said on FB that wave 51 has been bumped to later in the summer.

It typically seems to be 6 months from the Previews solicit to drop, which would put IM3 (solicited in January) dropping in July and waves 50 and 51 (solicited in February) in August. Maybe they got the IM3 stuff fast tracked to sometime in May, but I would have been shocked to see three waves pushed out at the same time, all within three months of solicitation.

Edited by Lobsterman

Zach, are we the neediest man-babies you have to deal with? If yes, I'm sorry. If not, WHY? WHY? I NEED TO KNOW, WHY?!?!

But, thank you for always answering our questions! I've been on other forums where company men are nowhere near as patient as you.

This.

Aside from the occasional member who talks smack about our line-ups or what have you, I love all you guys. I wish I had the time and energy to post every pic you ask for. If I ever post a tray shot on Facebook, I'm posting it for you, I just don't want to have to post it twice, and I know someone here will re-post.

As I recently told Twisted Two-Face over lunch, I think the difference is that this is a board about Minimates, and we are the only company (aside from AA proper) who has ever made Minimates. It's the same line you started collecting oh-so-long ago. On the Trek boards, we are constantly compared to Playmates. On the Marvel boards, we are constantly compared to Toy Biz. Here, we only have our own standards to live up to, and your expectations are not unreasonable, even if your desires are quite specific.

The only time Kubrick and Palz come up around here is when you guys need something for your Minimates. :)

Wanda's hairpiece looks pretty nifty. So who else is reading Superior Spider-man? I find that to be an incredibly fun book, and I'm really looking forward to the 'mate. I'm hoping we get a NOW Thor too fairly soon.

Superior spidey was the book that made me return to comics.Now when my subscriptions arrive i save it for last, that's what i do with the stuff i really like. Superior is simply awesome! The art, the story and the dialogue all blend together nicely and create a really fun ride. The figs i'm most excited for are spidey and nick fury jr [i'm reading secret avengers (among other titles) as well].

Edited by Kostisfire

Aside from the occasional member who talks smack about our line-ups or what have you, I love all you guys. I wish I had the time and energy to post every pic you ask for. If I ever post a tray shot on Facebook, I'm posting it for you, I just don't want to have to post it twice, and I know someone here will re-post.

As I recently told Twisted Two-Face over lunch, I think the difference is that this is a board about Minimates, and we are the only company (aside from AA proper) who has ever made Minimates. It's the same line you started collecting oh-so-long ago. On the Trek boards, we are constantly compared to Playmates. On the Marvel boards, we are constantly compared to Toy Biz. Here, we only have our own standards to live up to, and your expectations are not unreasonable, even if your desires are quite specific.

The only time Kubrick and Palz come up around here is when you guys need something for your Minimates. smile.png

thanks man. here's to 10 more years of minimates!

thanks.gif

Edited by kaipo