UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

Ok after reading issue 2 of Savage Wolverine I really don't think we are getting Sauron. The Reapers just seem to be Savage Land anthropomorphic dinosaurs from the island this storyline is set in. So looks like we're getting four possible army builders in Wave 51, male Shield agent, female Shield agent, different Nova centurions and these Pteranodon.

Yes, I think you are right.

Really digging that new title though.

Edited by matticus396

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, i hope we eventually see Phoenix Namor and Phoenix Magik... if i don't get all 5 i'm not sure i'll want any of them.

Yeah I hope we see P5 Namor & Magik in the near future as well. It would kind of be just a waste to see only 3 out of the 5.

*Spoiler*

Dark Phoenix Cyclops might make for a cool mate too...maybe even a Phoenix Hope.

Phoenix all the mates!

I'm sure most of the new looks will be around for a while, even if they restart numbering any books (if that's what all these ads even mean), so I can't imagine this will be the last time we use a new/NOW costume design.

But if they are flashes in the pan, then, yeah, maybe we won't do them. Doesn't make the designs we included in 51 and 16 any less cool.

Thanks to recent rumors, I may be passing on this entire wave. To be honest, I wasn't completely sold on it in the first place. I may still pick up Spidey and Iron Man but the rest are looking more like flashes in the pan.

Personally, I don't mind. I'll still get Shanna, Sauron (Don't care, he's Sauron to me and I plan to QC a loincloth on him), The Shield army-builders, Commander Rogers, and Maria Hill. They are 616-ish enough for me. As for TRU, we're still getting the Phoenix Force 2-pack, and I'm sure some here will want the Iron Man for their hall of armors. I do hope it still sells well and I'm sure it will.

Does Nick Fury Jr/Steve Rogers come with a Cap Shield? I noticed his hand has the shield-prong thingy

I think it was mentioned in another thread that it would come with a Holo/Light shield as I think thats what he used while in that character as Bucky Cap had the proper one,

As for Sauron and the loin cloth its an easy fix with a moloid loin cloth just buy extra's of that.

• 2 weeks later...

That pic of Sauron (above) makes me wonder if Karl Lykos gets all red faced when he reverts back to human form in front of other people and has that blatantly obvious butt tear in his pants.

The question I've always had, about the Hulk in particular, is: why does he always choose purple pants? I've seen Bruce Banner steal clothes from clothesline, and inevitably he steals the purple pants. Which also raises the question: how does he keep finding all these people with purple pants to steal?confused.gif

You also could use the Lizard's legs, which have reptile feet, BTW.

The question I've always had, about the Hulk in particular, is: why does he always choose purple pants? I've seen Bruce Banner steal clothes from clothesline, and inevitably he steals the purple pants. Which also raises the question: how does he keep finding all these people with purple pants to steal?confused.gif

You also could use the Lizard's legs, which have reptile feet, BTW.

I guess the same reason Iron Man's armor is almost always red and gold, just a preference. I also remember a letter written to Wizard where someone asked about that, mentioning that sometimes Banner is wearing different color pants but once he becomes The Hulk they're purple. The answer someone at Marvel gave was that the radiation released when he changed also turned his pants purple. Which is ridiculous. But that's what they said. I now return to the Sauron discussion, already in progress.

Any word if we're going to see any additional Marvel Now costumes after this wave?

Since Marvel Now is basically what Marvel looks like... uh, now, any modern version of a character we're looking at is a Now costume. Can't imagine everybody we do going forward will be Silver Age. Although a few '90s costumes need doing.

Any word if we're going to see any additional Marvel Now costumes after this wave?

Since Marvel Now is basically what Marvel looks like... uh, now, any modern version of a character we're looking at is a Now costume. Can't imagine everybody we do going forward will be Silver Age. Although a few '90s costumes need doing.

Yes like X-Factor

Yes like X-Factor

^THIS^

Well doubtful if the costumes are going to remain (especially for the Uncanny X-men, Cable and the X-Force, or Uncanny X-force or the supposed All New X-men costumes we're seeing next wednesday.) since they'll probably go to classic/iconic after this push, the new costumes seem fickle, lol.

Of course, you could be right, and these costumes are going to remain this way for a while, and we'll just see updates sometime soon.

I just want Revolutionary Scott and non underwear clad Magneto or armored Magik lol. Or a decently dressed Psylocke.

• 2 weeks later...