UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'd rather have a nice, "normal" Rick Jones and a bulked up original Abomniation before I'd want A-Bomb. Just sayin'.

Agreed, I don't like A-Bomb. I especially don't like that this is what has become of Rick Jones. If he was going to become a superhero, couldn't he become something unique or new? I think the character deserved something better.

I'd love to see X-Factor as well

Strong guy and Random

90s Polaris and 90s Havok

2 Masked 90s Multiple Man

Quicksilver and wolfsbane

Wouldn't the Polaris, Quicksilver, and Multiple Man just be redo's though?

The 90's team had a very distinct look that hasn't been made yet. I guess you're right about Quicksilver, but that wasn't a very good 'mate to begin with, so I wouldn't complain about an update. I'm never one to complain about redos of characters in distinctly different looks or worthy updates. And 90's X-Factor is my Number 1 want as far as teams go.

Edited by Turtle

Strong guy and Random

The 90's team had a very distinct look that hasn't been made yet. I guess you're right about Quicksilver, but that wasn't a very good 'mate to begin with, so I wouldn't complain about an update. I'm never one to complain about redos of characters in distinctly different looks or worthy updates. And 90's X-Factor is my Number 1 want as far as teams go.

90s X-Factor would be cool to see to complete the 90s stuff...though still need a 90s Warpath if possible to complete X-Force as well...

I also support 90s X-Factor. Even the later roster with Forge, Sabertooth, Wild Child, and Mystique.

That said, 49 WILL be Now:

Iron Man/Rocket Raccoon

Captain America/Nicky Fury

Hulk/Thor

Cyclops/Havok

And I'll pass on all of them, if I'm right (barring any great pack-in pieces)

Strong guy and Random

And I'd tweak this slightly...

90s Havok and 90s Polaris (you could reuse the Invisible Woman base cast in green for a magnetic effect)

Strong Guy and Val Cooper (Val should have parts to make/transform into Mystique, and Strong Guy would need the most bulked up upper body imaginable)

Civilian Jamie in suit and costumed Multiple Man http://indexindigo.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/x-factor-73.jpg

Wolfsbane and Random (Wolfsbane NEEDS to be able to shift forms, and Random could have a couple different arm attachments)

Toys R Us support packs:

Quicksilver and Doc Samson

Banshee and Forge (both in Blue and Yellow for X-Men, but Forge could have a second "buzz cut" hairpiece for his time with X-Factor)

Edited by Mnemosis

Strong guy and Random

I see your point although i always preferred Havok's standard uniform to his 90's x-factor one. Polaris wouldn't be a huge change from her previous one though but minute differences would be there.

A super long shot but I think 2 awesome X-waves would be the Mutant Liberation Front and a 4 Horseman box set.

Since it has been announced that we'll be seeing a Marvel Now! wave for 49, it's a pretty safe bet that at least some of Marvel's heavy hitters (Cap/Spidey/IM/Wolvie/Hulk/Thor) will make it into the mix, but i'm really hoping we'll see some of the lesser known characters get a chance with this wave too. It could be a really great chance to get a Rocket Raccoon, since they seem to be pushing him.

Also - what is with the flying space helmet in the marvel now poster?

Is it, perhaps,

Xavier's Brain?

I'm hoping for something like this:

Captain America/Nick Fury Jr.

Modern Rachel Grey/Indestructible Hulk

X-Force Forge/Troop Builder

X-Factor Forge/ Troop Builder

or substitute Modern and Classic Falcon for Forge

TRU tie in wave

Heavy Duty Iron Man with black and yellow armor under the armor/Spider-Man

Thor (Twin Swords version)/Captain Marvel

Modern Beast/Warbird

Iron Fist (White)/Modern Rogue

That gets almost all of the required updates except for another Wolverine as well as some updates and a couple of new characters. It also ties in with the push on value added packs where it is possible to get several looks/characters with just a few parts swaps.

90s Havok and 90s Polaris (you could reuse the Invisible Woman base cast in green for a magnetic effect)

Strong Guy and Val Cooper (Val should have parts to make/transform into Mystique, and Strong Guy would need the most bulked up upper body imaginable)

Civilian Jamie in suit and costumed Multiple Man http://indexindigo.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/x-factor-73.jpg

Wolfsbane and Random (Wolfsbane NEEDS to be able to shift forms, and Random could have a couple different arm attachments)

Toys R Us support packs:

Quicksilver and Doc Samson

Banshee and Forge (both in Blue and Yellow for X-Men, but Forge could have a second "buzz cut" hairpiece for his time with X-Factor)

I love you so much. :wub:

2 leg belts and 4 arm belts? Pretty good, but I've seen better. I have a feeling Jim Lee kind of half assed that one.

Pretty sure Jim Lee had nothing to do with that.

Pretty sure Jim Lee had nothing to do with that.

Oh, well that's good to hear. I was starting to question my man Jim Lee's judgment. Just a derivative Jim Lee wanna-be given the reigns to a 3rd rate X-book, then. *will rest soundly tonight*

She's got the dangly hip belt, too, so it does meet the minimum 7-belt quota.

Hey man. Don't knock dangly hip belts. They are awesome. All the cool kids wear them.

Bmsqq.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Glad I'm not the only one to recall that was Joe Q.!

Polaris had two other looks, too. One was a mops or variation. The other... Ugh.

If we got the backless one as an alternate to the jacket, that'd be cool. Similarly, Havok actually had two DIFFERENT jacketed looks...

Well, they added leg belts and changed the coloring of his jacket slightly

And then ere was Strong Guy...

Aaaaand the many costumes of Multiple Man....

post-3640-0-94594100-1351641549_thumb.jp

post-3640-0-84358600-1351641562_thumb.jp

post-3640-0-19476500-1351642263_thumb.jp

post-3640-0-52007500-1351642277_thumb.jp

post-3640-0-26056700-1351642487_thumb.jp

post-3640-0-95892200-1351642503_thumb.jp

post-3640-0-26645900-1351642519_thumb.jp

Yeah, from the Larry Stroman stuff to the Quesada stuff to the Jeff Matsuda and Steve Epting stuff, X-Factor went through quite a few looks in the 90's. If I could pick one consistent look to get made, I would like the original Larry Stroman designs as they are the most iconic. If X-Factor ever does get the green light, I hope we don't get mixtures of different versions of the team like we did with the Liefeld and Capullo 90's X-Force's. Original Stroman look all the way.