UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think this has just turned into a random speculation/wouldn't X be cool thread. Or 49 wil be the biggest wave ever.

Realistically, I'm not sure what to expect. I'd like to see Havok. Wouldn't mind a prison-suit Cyclops with that funky helmet. The final page of Uncanny Avengers would make a pretty cool 2-pack. I've got a fear it'll end up being the regular big-hitters and someone like Rocket Racoon in a 2 per case TRU set.

49 and TRU 16 are both Marvel NOW. That's 15 Minimate slots to fill (no sharing, remember). Even if we do all of those guys, and I'm not saying we are, that leaves 10 slots. A couple of those slots you will never guess. Ever. EVER. I still can't believe they're in there.

ok time for my educated guess:

Wave 49:

Ironman/Hulk

Captain America/Thor

Quentin Quire/Frankensteins

Broo(Or Doop)/Frankensteins

TRU wave 16:

Spiderman/Doctor Strange

Angel/Genesis

Hawkeye/Captain Marvel

Rocket Raccoon/Sam Alexander

49 and TRU 16 are both Marvel NOW. That's 15 Minimate slots to fill (no sharing, remember). Even if we do all of those guys, and I'm not saying we are, that leaves 10 slots. A couple of those slots you will never guess. Ever. EVER. I still can't believe they're in there.

You just threw down a hefty gauntlet sir.

Interesting. When do we find out who is filling out these slots?

i feel the "never ever guess" is either some character who has not been shown in Marvel NOW yet, or it has to be some of the lesser known's from Wolverine and the X-men, id LOVE a DOOP, Quentin Quire, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Genesis or Kraoka

Ok start with the obvious. Well for me anyway.

Spidey

IronMan

Thor

Hulk

Cap America

All of the above have Marvel Now costume variations.

Capt Marvel

Black Widow

Red SheHulk

They are going to have a higher profile in Marvel Now and would be good minimates.

Doc Strange

Falcon

Ironfist

Black Ant

The FF

They are the ones off the top of my head I can think of and wouldnt mind Marvel Now versions.

NOW might also be a good time for Legion since he'll be starring in X-Men Legacy. Beast could use an update, and like Wolverine, he's all over the place these days. Havok and Scarlett Witch both have costume updates that I wouldn't mind. The new FF is pretty spiffy looking to me, and I liked the couple pages in the Previews- I already want them in MM form. Doop and Broo would be cool too (heck, any of the kids from WatXM- it's a fun book). And Krakoa? That is definitely one I would never guess.

Edited by Turtle

With Cap, Thor, Hulk, Spider-man, and Iron Man all having new (awful) costumes, most of the lineup doesn't seem too hard to guess. I'd imagine that's why the discussion has veered off into totally unrelated territory.

Yikes those are some pretty awful costumes. I think John Cassaday did such a good job redesigning the costumes in Astonishing X-Men. He kept what made the costumes iconic while giving them a modern look.

With Cap, Thor, Hulk, Spider-man, and Iron Man all having new (awful) costumes, most of the lineup doesn't seem too hard to guess. I'd imagine that's why the discussion has veered off into totally unrelated territory.

Yikes those are some pretty awful costumes. I think John Cassaday did such a good job redesigning the costumes in Astonishing X-Men. He kept what made the costumes iconic while giving them a modern look.

I'd agree with you there, his costumes for Cyclops, Wolverine, and Colossus (granted it's only a tweaked costume) are my favorite looks for those characters. I'm not sure how many of the new costumes are his work though. Maybe Scarlet Witch, Havok, and Rogue?

Let me take a stab at it

Wave 49

Nick Fury Jr / Cheese Coulson

Captain Marvel / Hawkeye

Black and Red armor Iron Man / Army Builder (not sure what)

variant Guardians of the Galaxy Iron Man

TRU 16

Indestructible Hulk / Red She-Hulk

Bendis Star-Lord / Nu Nova

Miss America / Kid Loki

Uncanny Avengers Rogue / Uncanny Avengers Captain America

Well then, obviously it's New Universe's PSI Force, Starbrand, Spitfire & DP-7.

If Chuck can be believed, there will not be a Medusa or Tigra.

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2012/11/ask-dst-183/#more-7777

Ben Waterbury

Any plans for Medusa, Tigra, and Nocturne in the Marvel Minimates line?

DST CHUCK: Not right now…

Who do we think that is in the upper right? Falcon? Spider-Woman? Stingray? What about the guy behind Captain Marvel?

avengers1coverjpg-5a7b00.jpg

it's falcon. he's got to be a part of this.

avengers1.jpg

WHo is that behind Thor? Is that Sunspot?