UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

I think we can assume marvel Wave 44 has hit the preproduction stage with designs and protos being evaluated. So what is this wave going to be? It will probably arrive in March 2012. Let the guesses begin!

I think this will be a comic avenger wave to wet appetites for the movie.

Tigra/Mockingbird

Hawkeye/Grim Reaper

Kang/616 Shield

Variant Immortus/616 Shield

Just saw this. While not wave 44, we are getting Kang, Grim Reaper, and Hawkeye in the wave 44 companion box set. And 616 Shield were wave 43. I didn't do too bad.

Let's hear your guesses for Marvel Wave 49! Mine is:

1st App Grey Hulk / Zzax

Tigra / Mockingbird

FF She-Hulk / Moloid

Red She-Hulk / Moloid

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wave 48 is a straight re-release of wave 44, but Cap comes with a new hat.

Cool wave JP, I'd buy. We're really reaching the point where I can't think of many more characters I'm after. How about a full Hulk wave...

Grey Hulk, Banner and Rick Jones? New Abomination, Leader or Absorbing Man? Wendigo... that sort of thing

I've already stated what I'd love to see as an all Hulk wave (which is overdue) so that's my guess:

Red She-Hulk/A-Bomb Rick Jones

Glow in the dark hulk/Zzzax

Transformation Hulk/Wendigo

1st App. Hulk/Wendigo

Are there multiple Wendigos? I think a better army builder would be a green fatigues Army man! I'd be down for this wave if Transformation Hulk could be stripped down to regular Bruce Banner.

I've already stated what I'd love to see as an all Hulk wave (which is overdue) so that's my guess:

1st App. Hulk/Wendigo

Are there multiple Wendigos? I think a better army builder would be a green fatigues Army man! I'd be down for this wave if Transformation Hulk could be stripped down to regular Bruce Banner.

There used to only be one Wendigo, as it was a curse that was passed along from person to person, but in a recent Hulk appearance (I think it was in the Loeb run) there were a herd of them.

As for a Hulk wave, I think it'd be a great idea! The Avengers movie is really reminding people why they like the character, in a way that the other movies didn't quite achieve, so it'd be a great chance to show off the character and his supporting cast/villains. Put in Constrictor somewhere and I'm fine with any lineup though the recent Loeb/Pak/Parker characters are probably the most logical choices for Hulk "variants".

1st App. Hulk/Wendigo

All of those sound awesome to me. At some point a reissue of The Leader would be cool, too.

There used to only be one Wendigo, as it was a curse that was passed along from person to person, but in a recent Hulk appearance (I think it was in the Loeb run) there were a herd of them.

There was a LOT messed up with that story. The Wendigo curse being passed around like instantly activating werewolfism, producing relatively wimpy Wendigos. And they were in Vegas of all places, well away from the North Woods that spawns the curse. But then if it's all contribed so they can fight Mr. Fixit, I guess that's all okay.

And I'd rather have a nice, "normal" Rick Jones and a bulked up original Abomniation before I'd want A-Bomb. Just sayin'.

'Bout time we got ourselves a Squadron Supreme wave, folks!

Hyperion/Power Princess

Whizzer/Dr. Spectrum

Nighthawk V.2/uh, a Watcher, maybe?

(variant)Nighthawk V.1/Watcher

This is purely based on expectations of what would sell and should be made, not a wishlist of any kind, by the way. :highfive2:

I'd like to see one more Ultimates wave before 50, to tie up loose ends.

Ultimate Hawkeye/Ultimate Black Widow

(Hawkeye is modern, with the red details and blonde hair, but get an extra black torso and both gets trenhcoats/glasses heads)

Ultimate Quicksilver/Ultimate Scarlet Witch

Ultimate Giant Man/Chitauri Soldier

(Hank gets his helmet, tank of ants, and a bottle of aerosol, for one of the best comic moments ever)

Ultimate Wasp/Citauri Soldier

(Alternate "Taunting Hulk" torso?? :thumbsup: )

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

There was a LOT messed up with that story. The Wendigo curse being passed around like instantly activating werewolfism, producing relatively wimpy Wendigos. And they were in Vegas of all places, well away from the North Woods that spawns the curse. But then if it's all contribed so they can fight Mr. Fixit, I guess that's all okay.

And I'd rather have a nice, "normal" Rick Jones and a bulked up original Abomniation before I'd want A-Bomb. Just sayin'.

I love Jeph Loeb when he's telling a story in the past and not writing new stuff. He actually used to be ne of my favorite writers until Ultimates 3. His run on Hulk was good in some ways (the mystery of the Red Hulk was very well done), but awful in others (the Wendigos being a great example). I would just love an army of Wendigos whether it's accurate or not.

And I'm not a fan of Rick as A-Bomb so much, but I can kitbash a regular Rick together pretty easily if I wanted to whereas his bulked up form would be harder. How about a Doc Samson instead of either?

I would be far more likely to buy your Squadron Supreme wave than any more of the top 6 A-listers, Karamazov. :)

My idea will also never get made, "War of Kings" based wave:

Vulcan/Ronan the Accuser

Medusa/Darkhawk

Gladiator/Shiar Warrior army builder (Lilandra variant!)

Something to satisfy X-Men fans, Inhuman fans, and Cosmic fans too.

but no Wolverine, Spidey, Tony, Hulk, Cap, Thor, so of course my idea sucks... <_<

It's hard for me to play the guessing game since there's still SDCC exclusives due. Once those are revealed I'll be right along with you guys, with the wishlist hopefuls.

edit: Honestly, it feels WEIRD not wishing for Kang!

Edited by Mystery Man

X-Factor(pretty please), Squadron Supreme, Hulk theme, or the rest of the Ultimates would all be killer. I won't be surprised if 48 or 49 is AvX themed. I'd like to see 90's X-Force finished too.

Edited by Turtle

I love Jeph Loeb when he's telling a story in the past and not writing new stuff. He actually used to be ne of my favorite writers until Ultimates 3. His run on Hulk was good in some ways (the mystery of the Red Hulk was very well done), but awful in others (the Wendigos being a great example). I would just love an army of Wendigos whether it's accurate or not.

And I'm not a fan of Rick as A-Bomb so much, but I can kitbash a regular Rick together pretty easily if I wanted to whereas his bulked up form would be harder. How about a Doc Samson instead of either?

Yeah, I like Loeb's past stuff but since he had the high profile return on Ultimates 3, he's been all over the place. I really think the whole Hulk mega-arc was a mess and that the eventual Red Hulk ID reveal came long after everyone had lost interest while still managing to feel like a cheat because of the LMD thing. I haven't read the "Wendigo's in Vegas" but it sounds like the kind of nutty thing that Loeb would do that other people would have to actually make work. 'World War Hulks' was the absolute peak of it as it's one of those stories where anyone can go Hulk-out and, while I'm sure that sounds like fun on paper, it does serve to make Bruce that much less special as a character. I always think that's a basic level cartoon plot anyway, which is why when EMH did it, I wasn't a fan either. At least She-Hulk is of the same bloodline so there's a little more precedent for it.

Anyway, I'd be up for Rick Jones though as a bonus to getting A-Bomb, another Loeb idea I'm not really enthralled with. FF Shulkie is also something I've wanted for a while though did she ever wear the black gloves and boots? I can't remember but we've never gotten the white detailed Byrne era looks for the FF yet; nice idea for a boxset, especially if you include an extra Johnny head/hair to go on an extra Reed body...

I'd dig a War of Kings wave as the brief bouts with Annihilation era story stuff we got basically consists of Nova, Gamora, Black Bolt, and Lockjaw. A lot of characters from every corner of the MU could be done from the recent Cosmic stories; I'm glad there's at least one other person out there who wants to have Vulcan as a minimate!

As for the last slot in that Squadron Supreme wave, how about the Scarlet Centurion? He's got ties to Kang...

Didn't Zach mention a while back that a new Cyclops was in the works?.

I'd expect it to be his current look with optic blast accessory as most of his other looks have already been made.

So i'm thinking perhaps Avengers vs X-Men wave.

I'd love to see X-Factor as well

Strong guy and Random

90s Polaris and 90s Havok

2 Masked 90s Multiple Man

Quicksilver and wolfsbane