UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call, Joshua.

And I'll pass all of your compliments on Steve Rogers to product manager Robert Yee. It was his idea to include the Steve Rogers parts with NFJ, after Steve got edged out in the poll. I think Steve was a tentative part of Series 50 for a hot minute, and may have even been designed before NFJ!

If anyone will be at NYCC, Robert will be at the both and at the DST and Minimates panels on Saturday and Sunday.

Robert is awesome to talk to, by the way, if you ever get the chance. He's usually the one that comes up with all the little extras, like the Ben Grimm figure underneath the wave 48 Thing. Once you get him going, he'll share all sorts of cool things with you.

Mom and dad are allowing me to get Marvel MiniMates wave 51, but since the comic book stores near me in PA don't have them, mom and I will order them from Luke's Toy Store site

Nice one. I've ordered 'mates from Luke's Toy Store on many occasions, Joshua and they provide a great service.

Wave 51 looks very nice indeed.

I have to order my minimates one or two packs at a time so it takes me awhile to get each wave but i just got the Shanna and Reaper set in today and I absolutely love it. My 4 year old started jumping up and down shouting "ITS SAURON. ITS SAURON". There is no convincing him otherwise.

No actual 4 year old. I started him on the Spiderman Animated Series from the 90's when he was probably 2. When he was 3 all he wanted for christmas was a Shocker Super Hero Squad Figure. He knows most of the Marvel characters.

Also he is now addicted to Minimates and is constantly creating custom ones. He got really mad when i wouldnt let him put up my Songbird minimate, which i havent gotten around to displaying yet, due to having to go to work.

Edited by sinnsyk

Weird question but is Shanna's crotch piece painted or is it just flesh colored and covered by bthe loin cloth ?

Have we ever gotten a flesh colored crotch piece before?

Yes it's flesh colored, no it's not the first, I know Nina Myers from a 24 4-pack is flesh colored, too... and I know this because minimates in dresses/skirts are a usuaully a good source for solid white or black crotch pieces for customs. sweat.gif

Edited by Evil Jerk

Well, I opened up my Superior Spidey/Nova pack last night. The set I got from my LCS. I was so busy/preoccupied looking for a good face on Spidey that I didn't notice Sam only had one shoulder piece (flare?). :sad:

Off to send DST an email....

It is weird because, unlike some of the shoulder pieces we have had in the past, these actually go all the way around the shoulder peg.

Not bad YB, just don't have it sad.png

If anyone has that combo can they please post a pic?

Hi Zak, I happened to have that combo here's the pic

both head are pepper potts, but one of them I did remove the "lines" on the face...

I always find those "lines" kind of give out this old and elder feel. maybe it just me but ya, I remove those lines.

and here's both the photos

2image.jpeg (pepperpotts)

image.jpeg (pepperpotts after botox)

haha

post-6546-0-70231600-1380380930_thumb.jp

post-6546-0-87799900-1380381045_thumb.jp

Edited by Sherbertice