UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

If you think SHIELD is not relevant in Marvel NOW, you are mistaken.

Its not though, lol. Other than the Point 1 story and, technically, the Secret Avengers, they have had a minimal showing in favor of real superheroes, lol.

Have you read the new hulk book where he is a shield agent reporting directly to Hill?

No. I dislike Hulk, so I avoid his books. I collect Uncanny Avengers, All New Xmen, Cable and the Xforce, Uncanny X-Force, Young Avengers, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Morbius, and New Avengers, lol.

So, in summary, "things I don't personally follow are not relevant to anyone or anything." happy.png

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think SHIELD is not relevant in Marvel NOW, you are mistaken.

Its not though, lol. Other than the Point 1 story and, technically, the Secret Avengers, they have had a minimal showing in favor of real superheroes, lol.

Have you read the new hulk book where he is a shield agent reporting directly to Hill?

No. I dislike Hulk, so I avoid his books. I collect Uncanny Avengers, All New Xmen, Cable and the Xforce, Uncanny X-Force, Young Avengers, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Morbius, and New Avengers, lol.

So, in summary, "things I don't personally follow are not relevant to anyone or anything." happy.png

Pretty much. But in that same vein, I do collect like 80% of Marvel Now, lol

Zexion, Marvel Now covers the entire universe. You collect 9 books, many of them X-books, a traditionally non-SHIELD-affiliated subsection of the Marvel U. Pretty sure SHIELD plays a significant role in most of the books you DON'T read. You know they're making a TV show about SHIELD, right?

We better actually get Coulson in the show, and not some lame, pre-recorded before his death video speech, or something similar. That would suck.

(hey Zach, is it too earlier to beg for the toy rights for a show that officially doesn't exist yet?)

Zexion, Marvel Now covers the entire universe. You collect 9 books, many of them X-books, a traditionally non-SHIELD-affiliated subsection of the Marvel U. Pretty sure SHIELD plays a significant role in most of the books you DON'T read. You know they're making a TV show about SHIELD, right?

Yeah. lol I was just venting my disdain for SHIELD (as an X-fan primarily, lol, with a preference towards SWORD.) Especially since I feel they got enough figures during the Avengers movie. lol oh well.

We better actually get Coulson in the show, and not some lame, pre-recorded before his death video speech, or something similar. That would suck.

(hey Zach, is it too earlier to beg for the toy rights for a show that officially doesn't exist yet?)

It's already been said, it's after Avengers and Coulson is alive. (Clark Gregg Tweets it nonstop. Poor guy loves his job)

Cobie NEEDS to be in it. If we can't get Nick, she makes the next (and the most) sense, and HIMYM ends next year anyway. Plus, it justifies a Hot Toys release.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I think the little Zach Wizard is magically granting your wish... or at least that's my interpretation.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I see Emma and Colossus are indeed being made...

I said this in the original boxed set thread and I say it again, if it's not too late (and I assume it is) please, please, PLEASE let them include a non-firey cape for emma. I just hate it when characters are locked into one permanently "powered up" look, through lack of non-powered up parts (IE. Shadowcat & Vision, for instance)

I don't really like the idea of an Emma minimate that is never not on fire and floating. :/

sometimes i wonder why it is that we get characters like Scarlet Witch where it's been a few years since the first one came out... and then we basically get 2 in a row. i was going to buy the TRU AvsX set with SW, Cyke and Protector... but i don't need THREE Scarlett Witch's... so now i'll just be getting this new one as the one from the TRU box set is so similar to the original. if they'd spaced it out longer, i woulda ended up getting both.

Also, i hope we eventually see Phoenix Namor and Phoenix Magik... if i don't get all 5 i'm not sure i'll want any of them.

that said... they're all lovely mates.

ps - i was really hoping we might see Modern Wasp, Sunfire, Wiccan or Hulkling in the TRU set. woulda been a perfect time to add them to my collection!

Edited by CortherX