UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

Were getting another Deadpool in Best Of 2. I don't think we need another one so soon. His NOW! costume isn't even that different.

The best of costume is the deadpool corps and dp&cable one.I like the NOW! costume alittle bit more and i think it's given that he'll be either in 51 or the corresponding tru wave.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how many Deadpools we've gotten in the last year I wouldn't mind if they took a break from him for a bit. You're probably right that we'll get this version of him at some point, but considering how many other characters we already have that will likely be in the Marvel NOW! wave, I'd rather they focus on the more noticeable changes and new characters.

Considering how many Deadpools we've gotten in the last year I wouldn't mind if they took a break from him for a bit. You're probably right that we'll get this version of him at some point, but considering how many other characters we already have that will likely be in the Marvel NOW! wave, I'd rather they focus on the more noticeable changes and new characters.

Well there aren't many both new and interesting costumes.Deadpool's merges the old and the new.It could also give us a new unmasked head and have a guts accessory.Like the one from the zombie.Though if i had to make a now! line up it would go like this:

superior/army builder

ock (ends of the earth)/army builder

deadpool/thor

hulk/iron man

Tru

magneto/cyclops (uncanny xmen outfits)

starlord/rocket

captain marvel/gamora

strange/new nova

Sure it features only heroes but that's what NOW! is for.

Well there aren't many both new and interesting costumes.

They'll definitely try to fit in Captain America's new costume. What about Havok? Rogue? Scarlet Witch (prob not since she was in AvX TRU set)? Captain Universe? Hawkeye (although the movie version is almost identical to his most recent comic version)? They definitely have options I prefer they focus on characters that haven't had as many versions, obviously, and I believe Zach hinted at more obscure characters making it into the lineup, so who knows?

Well there aren't many both new and interesting costumes.

They'll definitely try to fit in Captain America's new costume. What about Havok? Rogue? Scarlet Witch (prob not since she was in AvX TRU set)? Captain Universe? Hawkeye (although the movie version is almost identical to his most recent comic version)? They definitely have options I prefer they focus on characters that haven't had as many versions, obviously, and I believe Zach hinted at more obscure characters making it into the lineup, so who knows?

Oh yeah,i forgot about them.Cap's costume is good enough to warrant a buy from me.

I'm fairly certain we'll see Captain Marvel, Hawkeye (it's not really drawn like the Film suit as much anymore, i'm fine with Aja's stellar look), and newly re-anointed Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange some where mixed in, be it TRU or LCS.

Having both 28 and MvC3 Deadpools, i'm content with those two and don't need another for a long time (well, and Best of 2, but that's for Frank.)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

New Dr Strange would be good. I think the new Capt. Marvel warrants a minimate too. It's a pretty bold, new look.

I doubt we'll be seeing anyone from Cable & X-Force or Uncanny X-Force. None of their new costumes look terribly classic to me.

A new

nova could be cool - but might be unlikely given that he's the army builder for wave 50 (sort of).

I think a new Captain Marvel would be peachy as well. I'm really, really enjoying that book.

Good to know i'm not the only one; both the writing and the art have me in awe (as long as they use interior hair art and not McGuiness' awful mullet). I'm cardboard backing and polybagging Captain Marvel and Hawkeye, something i never do, because they're just so incredible. By far my two favorite books out right now. (With Wonder Woman and Winter Soldier not far behind)

Dr. Strange's hybrid classic and modern look is really sleek too. Usually black-themed redesigns fail hard but i like it, especially drawn by Deodato Jr. Could get some great updates with this series, i hope DST realizes.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I think a new Captain Marvel would be peachy as well. I'm really, really enjoying that book.

Good to know i'm not the only one; both the writing and the art have me in awe (as long as they use interior hair art and not McGuiness' awful mullet). I'm cardboard backing and polybagging Captain Marvel and Hawkeye, something i never do, because they're just so incredible. By far my two favorite books out right now. (With Wonder Woman and Winter Soldier not far behind)

Dr. Strange's hybrid classic and modern look is really sleek too. Usually black-themed redesigns fail hard but i like it, especially drawn by Deodato Jr. Could get some great updates with this series, i hope DST realizes.

Yeah Pretty convinced here that it will be Cap Marvel, Cap America, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Nick Fury Jr.,and probably Thor. To which I will end up getting them all.

Yeah Pretty convinced here that it will be Cap Marvel, Cap America, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Nick Fury Jr.,and probably Thor. To which I will end up getting them all.

I feel like since Zach mentioned more obscure characters coming up, and to tie in Uncanny Avengers (especially appealing to more X-Men fans), Sunfire has gotta be in there somewhere. High profile book comeback, no existing figure, and he'd help finish up the Giant-Size X-Men, too. Wasp is also a contender due to her having only ONE figure, her recent return, and role in the book.

I'd say Rogue, Scarlet Witch, and Havok are out since they all had recent figures in the past year. Although, Marvel/Remender are trying to push Havok as the new poster boy for Marvel's mutants. Maybe the TRU wave will have an Uncanny Avengers heavy two pack? Sunfire/Wasp?

Edited by emperorshotz

Agree, I would be pretty surprised if Indestructible Hulk and NuNova aren't in there, too. Which gives us 8/14 (Zach said one figure from the LCS wave would also appear in the TRU wave IIRC)

Have no fear gentlemen, if we don't get this new spider-costume I'll be astonished.

I'd add spectacularly, sensationally, amazed.

I'd be pretty ecstatic with a Sunfire minimate - that costume is a real classic... but i'm wondering if he's the right kind of obscure? He hasn't featured that heavily in the books yet.

I actually really would have loved an XMen Legacy Rogue. It's a shame we've missed the boat on that one, as i thought that was quite a fun modernisation of her look.

Beast might be due for some attention. . . . and if Obscure if a hint - i wonder if Legion would count? He's certainly not what most people think of as a high tier x-man character. And he is the star of the new x-men legacy books...

Edited by Nessex

I never liked legion.Sunfire,ex nihilo and beast on the other hand are in a need of a release/update.The new hulk and iron man are cool too.But spidey is my biggest want.I wonder how they will do the hands and feet.And i hope we get more new web accessories.

Edited by Kostisfire

Speaking of Rogue, I'll take a minimate of her current look please. And I can say that with a clear conscience now that she's an Avenger. :D