UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

not sure who he'd come with, tho...

SpiderMan? Iron Man? Thor? Cap America? - Hmm that's it for the big hitters right, it's not like they have an Xmen character that we have dozens of because he's really popular.

I am actually looking forward to a Now! wave, it'd be nice to have definitive versions of the new costumes even if they don't last in the books. oh and I'm totally an IronMan whore so the more the merrier there IMO.

T.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Man is the only character who I don't mind getting different versions of, however minor the differences may be, it just makes sense to me that the armor would constantly change, and they all get added to the Hall. That being said, I still prefer an Iron Man repeat get a new character in the two pack....

I really like that GoG suit, so I hope we get it over Greg Land's new traced armor. Seriously, how does he get away with this?

lJQtW.jpg

Wow.

I had read an article somewhere a year or two back where he addressed these accusations (truths) and talked bout how he was really striving to learn anatomy, ho th body works, etc to prevent the need for tracing or referencing at all...

I can't wait until he copies my favorite pose again: "Crazed girl, mouth open, head and arms back, laughing in the rain" as I like to call it. See ya, Pepper's integrity.

What kills me the most is that I think deep down in, with enough effort, he's probably actually a pretty good artist. Photo referencing and using models is fine, but he really needs to quit so obviously using lightboxing as a crutch. Especially when he's using other people's copyrighted work. And if he used his own models, there's a good chance that a character would look the same from panel to panel. And the faces, my lord, the faces. So jarring. So senseless.

Can't we see the line up already? The suspense is killing me! Draughts like this make me lean towards the dark side of toy collecting (getting back to lego,i don't want to but their fanbase is much greater,meaning more views) but i will resist.Come on,give some GotG (their now! designs are awesome) and i'll be as happy as it gets!

i feel the similarities between the film armor and new Now! armor are intentional, it was done to promote the movies and the comics at the same time, while the color scheme seems to based on Mainframe from MC2

either way i hope we get both

GuardiansOfTheGalaxy_1_Cover.jpg

Sorry that i'm not up to speed, but i didn't really know that the GoG are restarting

Is that Starlord?

And is he coming back? ('Cause that would mean Rich Rider's coming back too, right?)

Edit: Totally off topic bwt, sorry 'bout that

Edited by Aapje

Seriously,what does tony have to do with the guardians? "Hey let's put iron man in the book so when we put him in the movie to make it more popular we can say that we are staying true to the source material!" "Great idea!" We still don't know his role but it still is strange to have him there.The armour's cool though.