UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

12" figures...old,new,whatever...

fatcow

I'm a complete novice when it comes to collecting 12" inch figures or 1/6 scale or whatever they are called, not sure if this is appropriate for that forum and 1/6 scale figures seems to vary DRASTICALLY in price from what are referred to at retailers as 12" figures.

This is related to my gym post if anyone is following. I'm looking to get a few toys that are visually interesting and vibrant, and do not break the bank as in this case quantity does somewhat matter. I'm willing to ebay, or look for older toys...but any help going in the right direction would be great because all I can find right now is 150 dollar figures which look lovely but I cannot afford to get a decent number of them to put together a cool display.

Statues or busts? I have no idea what to look at or what companies make comparatively more affordable products.

Hope this makes sense...thanks in advance!

There's actually a sub-section of this forum dedicated to these figures:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showforum=53

Bowen statues are frequently around 12" tall, but are pricey. The best quality, mass produced 1/6 scale articulated figures of geek properties are from Hot Toys, but they are expensive, as you say. If you want something cheaper, but visually kind of nice, and considering the theme of your gym, I might suggest some older Star Wars figures from Sideshow. They don't look photo-realistic, but they're pretty well known characters, and are often visually vibrant. Unfortunately, newer figures from SSC are getting as expensive as Hot Toys, but if you go back 2 years and previous, you can find plenty of figures around $50-70 on the secondary market. Other older licenses from SSC you can find for decent prices are Universal Monsters, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, James Bond, Highlander, and Army of Darkness.

Edited by karamazov80

The sideshow troopers aren't that expensive. I'm starting a 12 inch collection my self(I only have the hot toys Spidey but I'm gonna buy 2 more now). Some hot toys are normal priced some cost a lot more(like the resident evil ones. 600 for a Chris is a bit too much). Three a toys are really expensive even at a standard price.

The sideshow troopers aren't that expensive.

Well, that depends on which trooper you are referring to. The regular Stormtrooper is pretty expensive nowadays.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw=sideshow+stormtrooper+1%2F6+imperial&_sacat=0&_sop=10&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_odkw=sideshow+stormtrooper+1%2F6&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

The sideshow troopers aren't that expensive.

Well, that depends on which trooper you are referring to. The regular Stormtrooper is pretty expensive nowadays.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw=sideshow+stormtrooper+1%2F6+imperial&_sacat=0&_sop=10&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_odkw=sideshow+stormtrooper+1%2F6&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

The star wars militaries line. Captain Rex,Cody,bly,gree