UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

{Insert Obscure Character Name Here} Campaign

groundhog7s

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Squirrel Girl is so popular. She's destroyed so many great characters, it's not even funny. :(

I say the same thing about Batman.

As for Squirrel Girl, read Great Lake Avengers Missasembled.

Oh course, you are all ignoring the A-list hero that still needs a modern update. :)

Nope, we're getting a new Hawkeye. You must have missed the Avengers box sets.

Oh, wait, I'm sorry, I know who you mean. The Vision! Yeah, we could use a new Vision.

Oh course, you are all ignoring the A-list hero that still needs a modern update. :)

Nope, we're getting a new Hawkeye. You must have missed the Avengers box sets.

Oh, wait, I'm sorry, I know who you mean. The Vision! Yeah, we could use a new Vision.

I think he's talking about Thor.

Right. Cause we don't have enough Thors.

Oh, smile, Dinobot. Someday soon Marvel will announce Wasp will be in a new movie (maybe Ant-Man, maybe Avengers), they'll bring her back in the comics (looking suspiciously like the actress in the movie) and we'll be drowning in a colony of Wasp Minimates.

In the meantime, we should concentrate on Batroc. ;)

You know, as much as I love me some Squirrel Girl, is it possible that we could unify most Marvel Minimate collectors by petitioning for a Stan Lee Minimate? The guy isn't getting any younger (he's freakin' 90 years old now) and what better way to pay tribute to him than being a Minimate.

Of course, then we would still argue who gets packed with him....

I would love an official Stan Lee Minimate, and if he gets packed with either Jack Kirby OR Willie Lumpkin, I would be pleased.

Yup, I'd be OK with either of those. Let's make it happen before it becomes a memorial set (with Spider-Man wearing a black arm band).

In the meantime, we should concentrate on Batroc. ;)

Chances are good Kostisfire will join your side on the morrow. :tongue:

Question: In what program did you make those banners?Oh and i have settled down now(at least till someone makes a kratos banner :whistling:)

Gimp.

You know, as much as I love me some Squirrel Girl, is it possible that we could unify most Marvel Minimate collectors by petitioning for a Stan Lee Minimate? The guy isn't getting any younger (he's freakin' 90 years old now) and what better way to pay tribute to him than being a Minimate.

Of course, then we would still argue who gets packed with him....

Stan Lee would be absolutely brillant! I'm totally in!

I think you could totally unify the Marvel crowd, and even some of the non-Marvel crowd, with that idea.

IMO Stan should be either single carded, or in a four pack with Ditko, Kirby, and Heck (or insert other SA Marvel fellow if you have a better suggestion for the fourth spot).

A return to the Single Tube days of the original Minimates (in 2 inch scale of course) for Stan would be so lovely. But the issue is then that DST only made Stan. I'm fairly active on Twitter, and a lot of creators have been whining about Marvel not including Kirby in the Avengers credits, somehow making it Stan's fault. I'd hate to see this get similar press.

Not that i think it WOULD, but people will whine about anything.

IMO Stan should be either single carded, or in a four pack with Ditko, Kirby, and Heck (or insert other SA Marvel fellow if you have a better suggestion for the fourth spot).

A carded Stan Lee would be amazing but we all know that he'd be in a 2-pack with Spider-Man. Personally I'd love to see a Stan Lee/Stan Lee as Spider-Man 2-pack!

stanlee.gif

A return to the Single Tube days of the original Minimates (in 2 inch scale of course) for Stan would be so lovely. But the issue is then that DST only made Stan. I'm fairly active on Twitter, and a lot of creators have been whining about Marvel not including Kirby in the Avengers credits, somehow making it Stan's fault. I'd hate to see this get similar press.

Oh, it would. There are a segment of the creator community that will always be hostile to Stan for the years Marvel did in fact try to give him all the credit for creating everything he did in colaboration with Kirby. Of course, Stan was a Marvel employee, and Kirby was working for DC at the time. They believe Stan should have been more vocal about Kirby getting snubbed. Stan largely played ball, shilled Marvel shamelessly at every turn, and ultimately got finacially rewarded for it. Jack didn't want to play ball; so he never made the money or got the kind of credit Stan did/does.

As to why Kirby isn't in the credits... well his heirs are still sueing Marvel for ownership of everything their father helped create in even the smallest degree with the same lawyers that pried the Super-Rights out of DC's hands ever so briefly. So no, Disney is not in the mood to acknowledge Jack right now, if ever again.

Doesn't make Stan the Man less deserving of a minimate though.

Oh, it would. There are a segment of the creator community that will always be hostile to Stan for the years Marvel did in fact try to give him all the credit for creating everything he did in colaboration with Kirby. Of course, Stan was a Marvel employee, and Kirby was working for DC at the time. They believe Stan should have been more vocal about Kirby getting snubbed. Stan largely played ball, shilled Marvel shamelessly at every turn, and ultimately got finacially rewarded for it. Jack didn't want to play ball; so he never made the money or got the kind of credit Stan did/does.

As to why Kirby isn't in the credits... well his heirs are still sueing Marvel for ownership of everything their father helped create in even the smallest degree with the same lawyers that pried the Super-Rights out of DC's hands ever so briefly. So no, Disney is not in the mood to acknowledge Jack right now, if ever again.

Doesn't make Stan the Man less deserving of a minimate though.

1. People are criticizing Stan Lee about Jack Kirby not having a credit in the movie because he said in an interview, and I quote: " In what way would [Kirby's] name appear?" You can read about it here:

http://www.comicsbeat.com/2012/04/25/stan-lee-in-what-way-would-jack-kirbys-name-appear/

2. Kirby's heirs didn't sue Marvel: they filed intents to reclaim copyright over dozens of characters their father co-created, as is their right. Marvel then sued Kirby's heirs, and won in summary judgement on the basis that the characters were created as work for hire. Read about that here:

http://www.tcj.com/marveldisney%E2%80%99s-win-against-jack-kirby-heirs-not-about-fairness/

3. Stan Lee himself rather famously sued Marvel over movie profits, and won:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2002-11-13-stan-lee-sues-marvel_x.htm

Honestly, ANYONE that is a comic book fan that doesn't believe that Marvel SEVERELY mistreated Jack Kirby for decades really doesn't know what they are talking about.

If you think that a "civil war" is an oxymoron, if you're not happy picking one when you want them all, and if you're ready to band together with your fellow collectors, may I present a new option. A better option. The "Cap Wave" option.

CW_capwave.jpg

Sure, it doesn't have Squirrel Girl or any other animals, but it does have a long-missing Avenger, some kick-ass villains, and a wildly-popular recent character. And Sharon Carter. There's something for everyone, especially if you like Cap. And if you don't, well, join us anyway.