UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

{Insert Obscure Character Name Here} Campaign

groundhog7s

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i gotta say, if we are picking a new minimate messiah to wait for...my vote's gotta be for Zemo, the guy just needs a mate, hes one of the best villains, has been around since forever and has gone through so many great transformations....so would someone be interested in joining my cause and making me a signature? xD

My take on the non-Toad contenders:

Gideon - Give me a break. He's too obscure, too 90s, too Leifield, and has nothing to offer as a part of the Thor/Gambit/Deadpool/Kang legacy. He fought the X-Force, big woop. Selene killed him.

Squirrel Girl - A joke concept character would be a joke Minimate. Besides, we already have Ambush Bug and Headpool. No need to sour the Legacy with a joke only diehard Avengers fans get. And I hate squirrels.

Rocket Racoon - I don't hate Racoons but I hate one hit wonders rehashed for new audiences. C'mon! He never appeared in comics from 1985 to 2007 except for a She-Hulk cameo. Rocket Racoon is only famous because of Annihilus, who is far more deserving of Minimatehood.

Falcon - I could support this sidekick if his super power wasn't so absolutely lame. Seriously? You know Cap was only buddies with him because he flew Cap around. Yes, Falcon is the first African American marvel superhero. And yes, he needs to be Minimated as part of Marvel history. But Falcon is mentally fused with a bird! I would consider Falcon a serious contender for Minimatehood if not for another:

Toad! He is part of Minimates history and has been promised to us since the very first Minimates poster. He pre-dates all other contenders, having been created in 1964, and was the first introduction to an entire brotherhood of evil mutants to oppose the X-men. Toad has pop culture reference with Mainstream having been memorably portrayed by Ray Park (Darth Maul, Snake Eyes!!!) in the first X-men movie.

So you all lose and Toad wins.

My take on the non-Toad contenders:

Gideon - Give me a break. He's too obscure, too 90s, too Leifield, and has nothing to offer as a part of the Thor/Gambit/Deadpool/Kang legacy. He fought the X-Force, big woop. Selene killed him.

Squirrel Girl - A joke concept character would be a joke Minimate. Besides, we already have Ambush Bug and Headpool. No need to sour the Legacy with a joke only diehard Avengers fans get. And I hate squirrels.

Rocket Racoon - I don't hate Racoons but I hate one hit wonders rehashed for new audiences. C'mon! He never appeared in comics from 1985 to 2007 except for a She-Hulk cameo. Rocket Racoon is only famous because of Annihilus, who is far more deserving of Minimatehood.

Falcon - I could support this sidekick if his super power wasn't so absolutely lame. Seriously? You know Cap was only buddies with him because he flew Cap around. Yes, Falcon is the first African American marvel superhero. And yes, he needs to be Minimated as part of Marvel history. But Falcon is mentally fused with a bird! I would consider Falcon a serious contender for Minimatehood if not for another:

Toad! He is part of Minimates history and has been promised to us since the very first Minimates poster. He pre-dates all other contenders, having been created in 1964, and was the first introduction to an entire brotherhood of evil mutants to oppose the X-men. Toad has pop culture reference with Mainstream having been memorably portrayed by Ray Park (Darth Maul, Snake Eyes!!!) in the first X-men movie.

So you all lose and Toad wins.

You obviously forgot Winter Soldier in that line-up. :yes:

Also:

Winter Soldier - He's freakin Bucky. You just can't live down being a teen side kick no matter what they change your name to (Nightwing) or how many times they retcon your history. He's clearly weak willed having been brainwashed by Commies who couldn't even save their own empire from collapse in the early nineties. Who's his nemesis supposed to be? Summer Civilian? At least get a cool assassin name like Death Arm or something. Bucky should have been left to RIP.

Batroc the Leaper - He's a contender like Falcon but still carries baggage from his days as a comical adversary to Cap. He's gotten more bad ass recently but he has one overwhelming flaw: he's French. Americans just cannot take any villian seriously who talks like Inspector Jacques Clouseau from the Pink Panther. If you want a Minimate who leaps around like a frog, you need Toad.

Toad! He is part of Minimates history and has been promised to us since the very first Minimates poster.

Toad was not promoted on the first Minimate poster. He was on there to show how horrible a Toad Minimate would be. That must be the obvious reason why they would show him 9 years ago and have decided 47 waves and countless exclusives later to still not be making him. To me, it's a no-brainer to pick between a cute girl with a bushy tail and a long tongued janitor. Not even a contest.

And Batroc the Leaper. Which is understandable, considering he,s just a human and still can do more leaping than Toad.

Yes, but Batroc the Leaper doesn't do more toading than Toad. It's really a draw as to which one sucks more, but the deciding factor should be the fact that French characters should never get Minimates made of them.

Why don't you Toad and Batroc guys team up like we Rocket Raccooners are trying to do with the Squirrel Girl-ettes? That would be a two-pack to... wait for it... jump for joy about!

So, for wave 50:

Rocket Raccoon/ Squirrel Girl

Toad/Batroc

Falcon/Baron Zemo

Winter Soldier/Dragon Man (yes, I just randomly decided on Dragon Man to fill out the wave)

Gold Gideon's the super-rare chase. And no, he doesn't come with feet.

Toadies will never join forces with Leapers. The Multiverse just isn't big enough for two hopping villians.

Toad would not be a horrible Minimate! He would complete the circle of cylindrical Minimate life. Toad is the prophised One, the last of the Unmade.

All Hail Toad!

You know, I've come to realize that this is exactly like Game of Thrones. Exactly. Kang's Robert Barathean, and now that he's fallen, there's a scramble to take his place. Unfortunately, that makes one of y'all Goffrey *shudder*. Rocket Raccoon, of course, is Tyrion. Because he's short and awesome.

You and your silly rodent people. Ha! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Why are other message boards not this funny?

Hopefully, you're laughing so hard that milk comes spurting out your nose. And when you see the milk come out your nose, you'll think about how milk just isn't as good as when you're also eating cookies (well, not exactly nosed-out milk...). When you go look for a cookie, you'll meet up with Chuck at the DST Cookie Stash (which I'm sure you must have). When he offers you a cookie, he'll ask if you want some milk with it. When he does, it'll remind you why you wanted a cookie and then you'll tell him how there should be a Squirrel Girl mate. Or something like that (I had to change the words in the book from 'mouse' and 'crayons' to 'Zach' and 'Minimate' to make it work). This was easier than adapting 'If You Give a Moose a Muffin'.

Why don't you Toad and Batroc guys team up like we Rocket Raccooners are trying to do with the Squirrel Girl-ettes? That would be a two-pack to... wait for it... jump for joy about!

So, for wave 50:

Rocket Raccoon/ Squirrel Girl

Toad/Batroc

Falcon/Baron Zemo

Winter Soldier/Dragon Man (yes, I just randomly decided on Dragon Man to fill out the wave)

Gold Gideon's the super-rare chase. And no, he doesn't come with feet.

Batroc will not join the Toad group. We will, however, gladly join with Falcon to make, without hyperbole, the World's Greatest Cap-Related 2 Pack Ever.

Edited by boyd

We'll see who's laughing when we will chew that mustache off your smarmy French face.

I fart in your general direction!

Well he ain't obscure, but I think it might be time for ZEMO.

He's one of the three remaining Mattel Secret Wars characters (if you include Constrictor, which I do). He's purple-ish. He's a villain of some renown. Have Zemo II and his pop be variants with a MANDROID army builder in a future wave and let the awesomeness permeate your blood-brain barrier.

Well he ain't obscure, but I think it might be time for ZEMO.

He's one of the three remaining Mattel Secret Wars characters (if you include Constrictor, which I do). He's purple-ish. He's a villain of some renown. Have Zemo II and his pop be variants with a MANDROID army builder in a future wave and let the awesomeness permeate your blood-brain barrier.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN.

i gotta say, if we are picking a new minimate messiah to wait for...my vote's gotta be for Zemo, the guy just needs a mate, hes one of the best villains, has been around since forever and has gone through so many great transformations....so would someone be interested in joining my cause and making me a signature? xD

Well he ain't obscure, but I think it might be time for ZEMO.He's one of the three remaining Mattel Secret Wars characters (if you include Constrictor, which I do). He's purple-ish. He's a villain of some renown. Have Zemo II and his pop be variants with a MANDROID army builder in a future wave and let the awesomeness permeate your blood-brain barrier.

Great Minds think alike ;)