UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

{Insert Obscure Character Name Here} Campaign

groundhog7s

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's hard to think of one top most wanted obscure character, but I have to go with classic swordsman. Cool accessories and he was a member of the Avengers.

swordsman.gif

My runners-up are kid Franklin in his red power pack suit with the moon boots and Leech. For some reason that I can't explain, I love Leech. I think he is hugely underused in the comics.

In my mind as I day dream up my own story lines, the Mutant Massacre was all about Mister Sinister wanting to kill Leech. He would also get a story line where he is either a horseman of Apocalypse or a hound from the Days of Futures Past timeline. I also assume that his time in the Future Foundation was mainly spent syphoning Franklin's power and that in the future Franklin and Leech's friendship becomes strained (although both remain heroes). Finally, I would give Leech the ability to crawl walls like Spiderman and Nightcrawler.

Edited by pappymojo

I've never felt more like a DC Comics fan than when scrolling through this thread.

I wish DC Minimates were still around so we could have a thread like this for them, but the brilliant minds over at DC Direct made sure that didn't happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never felt more like a DC Comics fan than when scrolling through this thread.

I wish DC Minimates were still around so we could have a thread like this for them, but the brilliant minds over at DC Direct made sure that didn't happen.

This makes my soul weep.

I can't honestly fault DCD. In my opinion they worked around the licensing restrictions to ensure that 48 of the best Minimates ever produced did happen.

At the time they blamed sales, which I'm sure were impacted by the bloated price tag ($2 more than Marvel). Even my LCS couldn't move them at DCD's MSRP so in the end, everyone took a hit.

On topic: Is Hellcat considered obscure?

Jstephens--Hellcat_Master.jpg

Is an

Nothing suggested in this thread is worse than Ma Hunkel.

fig0300flg.jpg

Hail Ivan!

Ma Hunkel is DC Direct's Squirrel Girl.

Collectors on the DC message board consistently asked for an action figure of the Golden Age Red Tornado and through the Minimates line, they got one. This was just proof of how diverse DCD was willing to get. If only their sales margins had been more forgiving.

"Not obscure... I want classic Falcon, damn it! Between his appearance in the 2nd Cap movie and his soon-claim of the Cap title, there's never been a better opportunity for this" he said to no one for the hundredth time.

He could be the variant to FalCap on an All- New Marvel NOW! 2.0 wave. The question though is: ridiculous green or timeless red?