UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

{Insert Obscure Character Name Here} Campaign

groundhog7s

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh its not an accident I uploaded the sigs to a banner rotator so it displays a different one everytime :)

I am the constant change, the chaos factor and resident storm in the banner tea cup.

Can i ask where you uploaded them to? I just this place but couldn't get it to work :(

Don't feel bad about wanting Sleepwalker - he'd make an interesting looking Minimate.

Now, if you were asking for NFL Superpro, then we'd have to ask you to hang your head in shame.

And welcome to the board. :)

Someone made a really good custom of him (Sleepwalker, not NFL Superpro), but I can't remember whom; I'm sure someone will jump in.

youbastards did it - check it out in his customs thread.

Wow. that is a great custom. Just shows how easy it would be - the first appearance Doom is basically all the tooling you'd need. The problem would be the fact that only about 0.01% of the people remember him, or would buy him. haha.

And Superpro - that's the holy grail of 90s obscurity! :)

I've already called for an NFL Superpro minimate. The guy got his powers from inhaling fumes from burning sports memorabilia! That's got to be the greatest (and most plausible) origin story of all time! We've got to find some way to get the NFL on board, though, think I own his rights or something. Somebody get me Roger Goodell on the line!

• 2 years later...

Ok then! Here we go. I was scrolling through some threads when I realized that some of the character banners in users' signatures were a bit outdated. So I thought, why not spruce things up with a new campaign. And so I now present to you all the new MMMV character support event.

Good Brothers and Sisters,

I come before you today to beg the question: Why do we still fight this "Civil War"? Have we not passed a point where we need to fight amongst ourselves to get what we want? It is now more important than ever to fight for the characters that WE want! But to do this, we must put aside our past aggressions and focus on our common enemy.

OUR ENEMY IS OUT THERE!

Diamond Select Toys

Yes, that's right. The makers of our precious Minimates are to blame.

They focus so much on their money-making Movie 'Mates that they neglect to give us what we truly want. The time is now to strike our blows and take up arms to get what we want!

So now I beg this rhetorical question: What is this new campaign to be called?

MARVEL NOW!

Diamond Select Toys: make [insert Character Name Here] now!

Pick your side!

Gather Your Armies!

DST: Make MARVEL NOW!

*Ok so obviously that was all a joke. There is no need to start any arguments over the status of the Marvel line. We're just here to have fun and fight for our favorite characters.*

So here's a guideline of how I'd like this campaign to go:

1. PM me the character that you want most. It must be an unmade character or a version of a character that has yet to be made (This includes Bulk-Ups). If you want a specific picture or color to go with it, include it. If not, I will pick one myself.

2. I will create two banners and post them in this thread. One is for the leader who PM'd me the character first. The other will be for followers.

3. Post the banner in your signature.

4. Post in this thread and others to spread the campaign for your character.

5. Discuss here and there and anywhere!

I will start first.

I want Blob Now!biggrin.png

14551607546_05449fb2a3_z.jpg

14573893092_397b5fd7f1_z.jpg

Have fun!

Edited by CBMM1