UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

{Insert Obscure Character Name Here} Campaign

groundhog7s

Long was the outcry for Thor. Then the masses wanted Gambit and Deadpool. The people wouldn't be quiet until Kang was Minimatized. Well, those days have passed and some think the question should be, 'Who do we beg for and demand next?' Well, there really is no question because I already staked claim to that spot. I said I would be quiet until the day Kang was announced and I did. So today, I'm drawing a line in the sand and announcing that the time ofwaiting for a Squirrel Girl Minimate has come. I'm sure that some of you might be asking yourselves, 'Who does this guy think he is to be staking a claim about something like this?' To that I will answer that i am a very large man and can come across quite intimidating if I make my mean face (now there is physical proof on the board of my largeness). Others might be asking, "Why not someone like Falcon, Toad or 3-D Man for the next Minimate?' To answer that, I would say that those characters really are inevitable to be made as Minimates, whereas Squirrel Girl may get overlooked frequently (probably because she's a girl). I would also say to refer to the previous question's answer and ask yourself if you want to really disagree with me. At this point, you should all be onboard with me. Over the next few weeks, I will try and hit the campaign trail hard for all of you to try and get the message across that Squirrel Girl should easily be immortalized in Minimate form. I've said it before, but it bears repeating that I am prepared to go completely Lee Burns crazy about this. In fact, I plan on outdoing him. Years from now, people will be like 'I wish they would finally make a D-Man Minimate, so I'm going to go all Groundhog on DST until they cave.'

If you're not with us, then you're against us (unless you're completely neutral, which is understandable).

SG.jpg

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's election time in Greece. It is also election time here in the multiverse. I represent the rocket raccoon movement. Hear my speech and then decide who's side you are on:

My fellow Minimaters. Kangapocalypse is upon us. Years have passed since the day of the foundation of the kang movement. Though I was not there I have stand with you side by side waiting eagerly the reveal of everyone's favorite time traveling villain. And now, the campaign is over. Though successfully it took far too long. Now, many want to persuade you to vote for a girl with squirels. Or for a guy with a ponytail. I disagree. We have to move forward in terms of characters. We are in need of cosmic characters. Falcon will be released in 2014 along with the second cap movie. A campaign is not necessary. Rocket on the other hand is visually interesting and could lead to a modern guardians of the galaxy box set. By supporting rocket you support the whole cosmic side of the marvel U. In the end,one shall stand but many will fall. Fight with me my brothers. Fight for a better tomorrow!!

(also a raccoon will be appealing to kids too so he has more chances of happening than a guy with a ponytail or a girl with squirels);)

Edited by Kostisfire

Now we've got that waste of space Kang out of the way (am I the only collector who DIDN'T want him?!), we can focus on the far more awesome Rocket Raccoon :D.

Too bad UMvC3 is off the cards, as we could have had a Stider/Rocket Raccoon two pack and that would have been awesome.

A Rocket Raccoon/Squirrel Girl two pack would be total, ultimate win.

While I'd have preferred Rocket/Strider (i.e. as part of the UMvC3 wave), this is a good substitute. Besides, Squirrel Girl is in New Avengers and Rocket will soon be getting his own movie. DST would be best to jump on this band wagon while the iron is hot.

(though I would gladly support a Rocket/Squirrel Girl two-pack).

I have been on board with this since RR was first mentioned and will still offer out the olive branch of peace. There would be a much better response if we joined forces and let RR ride the coat tails of Squirrel Girl (or actually ride on her tail I guess). It's really an offer you can't refuse (unless you want to wake up in the morning with a raccoon head in your bed).

DST would be best to jump on this band wagon while the iron is hot.

This (and other mixed metaphors).

I will gladly combine forces with the Raccoon camp to bring unity. But all of you Gideon supporters can just bite it. Zach already said you're getting one (in 2022) so just back off.

(though I would gladly support a Rocket/Squirrel Girl two-pack).

I have been on board with this since RR was first mentioned and will still offer out the olive branch of peace. There would be a much better response if we joined forces and let RR ride the coat tails of Squirrel Girl (or actually ride on her tail I guess). It's really an offer you can't refuse (unless you want to wake up in the morning with a raccoon head in your bed).

DST would be best to jump on this band wagon while the iron is hot.

This (and other mixed metaphors).

I will gladly combine forces with the Raccoon camp to bring unity. But all of you Gideon supporters can just bite it. Zach already said you're getting one (in 2022) so just back off.

Allright then. But could you possibly rename the thread as squirel girl and rocket raccoon?

Just saw the new title. Excellent!!

:buttrock:BY THE POWER OF KANG I MERGE THESE THREADS INTO ONE BUNDLED JOY OF KANGY GOODNESS :buttrock:

"And after the time in which Kang was delivered onto us, we shall learn from his hardships and choose another to follow in his path. And Kang sayeth to thee 'Come together and choose my successor; be not divided, for each that is worthy shall have their turn'. Rejoice in news that Zachariah has brought to us and call once again on Chuck to hear our pleas."

The Book of Minimates, 20:13

Tooooooaaaaaaaddddddd!

C'mon people. Toad is a classic and Magneto's original inept henchman. He debuted in 1964!

He was a loyal lackey five years before Falcon appeared to become Cap's second sidekick. He was Marvel's FIRST villian sidekick.

Sure, the list of heroes who've defeated Toad is high, and he doesn't bring much power to the Villians team, but for all the Igors, Beastmans, Destros, Darth Mauls, and Smithers of the world LET'S SEE SOME HENCHMAN LOVE!!!!!

As much as I love Guardians of the Galaxy, Rocket Raccoon has more media exposure from UMvC3; also, I want to see Dan Slott dance with joy when he sees a Squirrel Girl minimate presented to him. But why stop at Squirrel Girl? There's an entire boxset WAITING to be done for the Great Lakes Avengers! The best part is that anything used to make Big Bertha could easily be reused to make a 616 Blob and Doorman would probably be the cheapest minimate of all time, even with his Deathurge gear.

Well, cheapest next to Flatman. He could just be a cardboard cutout on the back of the box, like they did with "Marvel Legends" Flatman.

Seriously though, I love Rocket Raccoon but it wouldn't be the same having him without at least a Groot to go with him. Maybe GotG and GLA can be the convention exclusive boxsets next year?