UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay folks, I get the point with wave 44 and all. But please get out your party hats for a moment, because something that's lasting over 6 years comes to an end right now!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked to be getting Kang, and Reaper is a super bonus. It just seems like there was more than one potential way to get them out, and this way is an unnecessary slap in the face to a major part of DST's retail network. Unless specialty stores just aren't buying Minimates in significant enough numbers to worry about upsetting anymore. It would be a shame to burn small stores like Luke's with bait-and-switches like this –– getting them to commit to preordering months in advance, only to have their product edged out by the big box stores, and I'm sure these boxsets will be available before wave 44 hits –– but I guess that's business.

Also, the information in the article is confusing. First it says shortly after the movie is out these will be available then it says you can order them in late April. So you order them in April and they will ship in May??

I would guess this means they'll be online soon (like within hours hopefully) and be at the physical Disney stores shortly after the movie starts here in the US (May 4th).

Question to Zach: couple of months ago you talked about a wave contains iron fist,Luke cage,moon knight and others I can't remember. Is that wave still happening?

I don't recall that at all, are you sure about that Kostisfire?

I'm 60% sure I read that in a thread here but I don't remember which. I say we leave it to Zach to tell us.

Really, I'm more upset that we're getting another bearded Thor than anything else. A bit disappointed. But I'll live.

Kostisfire. Dude. Take some Prozac and shut the Hell up, son. You're giving me a headache every time I see you post. Slow down and think about what you're gona say. Just like BHM.

Oh... wait...

Really, I'm more upset that we're getting another bearded Thor than anything else. A bit disappointed. But I'll live.

Kostisfire. Dude. Take some Prozac and shut the Hell up, son. You're giving me a headache every time I see you post. Slow down and think about what you're gona say. Just like BHM.

Oh... wait...

:( you hurt my feelings. I'm now gonna go in my corner and cry.:(

Talk about your "good news/bad news" annoucments. Kang and Reaper look very good, and am vey pleased to be getting them. Hawkeye seems to be suffering the same misaligned mask syndrom that affects that Cap, but otherwise looks good. And, getting exclusive sets on marvel.com is a good thing as it raises the visibility of our favorite obcession even higher. On the other hand... for those of us who have already shelled out money to pre-order 44, asking me to pay $40 more dollars for Reaper and Kang and the exact same mates is a little... much. Even one more non-44 character, like Wasp or Black Widow, in the Kang set would ease the pain some. And this is from somebody who is really looking forward to wave 44... or at least I was.

Not upset or anything, but just wish I knew about this before I bought all of 44. I'd have just bought the Ant-Men/Kree Sentry sets. Ah well.

Well, that was unexpected. Not a bad thing necessarily, but it is definitely going to kill the 44 sales. I didn't want to buy that wave in the first place....so at least DST is getting me to in some way.

Worth it though. Kang ROCKS (though i wish his eyes were a little closer together) and Grim Reaper is very welcome. Haekeye looks a little off but i'm sure that's just the prototype.

Looking forward to these quite a bit; hope Kang is on the packaging. ;)

Or better I'm going to join the dark side of collectibles. I'll become more active in the sideshow freaks forums. This way you'll lose a buyer. This way DST will lose money and then they will be out of bussiness.Lego will rise again. Only for hot toys to cone and crush everything just like the reapers. Then earth will be ours. Insert diabolical laugh. Remember everything is like a chain. If one of the chain's parts brokes then whole chain is destroyed. I'm just kidding. Kang has made me warmer inside. But if kang hadn't been announced then... :devil:

Oh... wait...

It's my corner....go find your own.

-inconsolablesmate

Kang has made me warmer inside.

I'm getting a picture in my head & I am not liking it :ermm:

Oh... wait...

-inconsolablesmate

Fine. If no one wants to be around me I'll turn my back to everyone. We shall meet at the battlefield. And as optimus says: one shall stand,one shall fall. In this case the dark side of collectibles is going to win.

Oh... wait...

-inconsolablesmate

Kang has made me warmer inside.

I'm getting a picture in my head & I am not liking it :ermm:

I meant my heart. Don't you ever watch those romantic comedies? Well why would? You have all this awesome channels which show Simpsons,game of thrones,avengers. All we have here is Hugh grant. And Jennifer Anniston. God I really hate Greek tv.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm super stoked to be getting Kang, and Reaper is a super bonus. It just seems like there was more than one potential way to get them out, and this way is an unnecessary slap in the face to a major part of DST's retail network. Unless specialty stores just aren't buying Minimates in significant enough numbers to worry about upsetting anymore. It would be a shame to burn small stores like Luke's with bait-and-switches like this –– getting them to commit to preordering months in advance, only to have their product edged out by the big box stores, and I'm sure these boxsets will be available before wave 44 hits –– but I guess that's business.

Yeah, this also bugs me, and it's gonna affect the behavior of specialty shops, who are going to be more wary than they were in the past to buy in bulk upfront. If DST really wants to put all their eggs in the mass retailer basket, then that's their prerogative, but I just hope TRU doesn't get bored with them like they did the first time around, leaving DST to go groveling back to a specialty shop market that they had lost due to their practices of re-upping figures sold to them elsewhere and diminishing demand.

Yeah, this also bugs me, and it's gonna affect the behavior of specialty shops, who are going to be more wary than they were in the past to buy in bulk upfront. If DST really wants to put all their eggs in the mass retailer basket, then that's their prerogative, but I just hope TRU doesn't get bored with them like they did the first time around, leaving DST to go groveling back to a specialty shop market that they had lost due to their practices of re-upping figures sold to them elsewhere and diminishing demand.

This. After TRU dropped Pirates and MAX, I hope DST realizes that nothing is safe. Not even Marvel.