UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

Of all the characters I want to see and figure we'll see, it's a classic Gideon at this point that I'm really rooting for.

And if not, hell... I still got cyborg Gideon, modern Gideon and a hopefully cool, Liefeld-styled Gideon with poppin' red/gold brightness!

Yeah, I'm with you on all those points. :highfive2:

Now we're talking ;)

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I am a little disappointed that I have to re-buy 3 figures from Wave 44 just to get Kang. This could easily have been 1 boxset with Kang, Grim Reaper, Hawkeye, and 1 re-hashed Wave 44 character and I would be fine with that.

Edited by youbastards

I have to say I am a little disappointed that I have to re-buy 3 figures from Wave 44 just to get Kang. This could easily have been 1 boxset with 3 new characters and 1 re-hashed Wave 44 character and I would be fine with that.

Yeah, that many Wave 44 characters is kinda disappointing. Hopefully they sell well to Disney customers who will never see or have Wave 44 pre-ordered, though.

At least I can use the extras for customs.

I was just thinking that Luke, it seems be repacking so many wave 44 characters in these box sets would lower the demand for Wave 44 itself. If anything, I'd argue at least one of Kang, Grim Reaper and Hawkeye should have been in Wave 44 instead of bearded Thor and that would have greatly increased demand for Wave 44. I'm still buying them all either way, I always do.

That being said, they all look great. I'm not sure I love Hawkeye's facial expression, but that can easily be fixed. Very solid.

It's going to be so weird not hearing about Kang all the time anymore....

I have to say I am a little disappointed that I have to re-buy 3 figures from Wave 44 just to get Kang. This could easily have been 1 boxset with Kang, Grim Reaper, Hawkeye, and 1 re-hashed Wave 44 character and I would be fine with that.

Yes, but then you would only buy one box set from them instead of 2. From a business standpoint, sticking Kang in with a bunch of rehashes is a great idea! New collectors will want Cap or Hulk, and every single member of this board worth their salt will buy it for Kang :D

Hawkeye's face/mask looks a bit awkward in that shot, but hopefully the production version can be futzed to look better. I will be buying both of these sets, but no way I'm getting wave 44 separately now.

So, uh. . .anyone army building Smart Hulk 2.0s or hobo Thors? Let a brother know!

Edited by karamazov80

ugh. The new characters look great and I'm thrilled to get Kang but the repacks are too much. I might as well cancel my preorder for wave 44 set and just pick up the variant pack. Hobo Thor and New Hat Cap were already lemons I sure don't want two of them.

Also, the information in the article is confusing. First it says shortly after the movie is out these will be available then it says you can order them in late April. So you order them in April and they will ship in May??

I might as well cancel my preorder for wave 44 set and just pick up the variant pack.

Case in point. The repacks could have just as easily been the "Best of" versions of the characters if you're going after casual buyers at the Disney store. You know putting Kang and Reaper in these sets will pull in the hard-core fans, and this selection will almost certainly throw cold water on LCS sales from those same buyers who would want these variants of Cap, IM, and Thor from the specialty wave.

I can understand the need for the big characters to move these box sets, but why crap on specialty stores like that? Twice? In one month?

Edited by Lobsterman

Okay folks, I get the point with wave 44 and all. But please get out your party hats for a moment, because something that's lasting over 6 years comes to an end right now! You'll remember where you were and what you've been doing when KANG finally arrived for years and years to come. So please party like it's 2005 (when the pioneers started rooting for a Kang minimate) and begin complaining tomorrow (when you'll have a hangover from partying).

kang-e-kodos_mini.jpg Just saying.

:biggrin:

_____

Edit: Misspelled Knag. Kang. Darn.

Edited by Bob Harris