UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

Sorry, all. This is the second time it's been bumped -- I honestly thought it would run last week. I'd be mad, but they're being very nice about promoting stuff for us (I got bumped by a story on series 45). Plus we may work together on a larger project down the road.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Enchantress or Executioner? He was a a few episodes of EMH and you would be able to tell from the axe and bulk.

Either way this has already been a great year for Minimates and looks like it will continue! I thought i was excited for the Outback X-Men wave, I'm way more interested in these two box sets since Hawkeye's showin up!

Sorry, all. This is the second time it's been bumped -- I honestly thought it would run last week. I'd be mad, but they're being very nice about promoting stuff for us (I got bumped by a story on series 45). Plus we may work together on a larger project down the road.

SIGH. O-Kay. So are we bumped til tomorrow or bumped indefinitly? It's cool either way, waited this long for a formal Kang annoucment. I can wait a little longer.

Hmmm... Larger Minimate project or something else?

Okay, so we've got a day... who would you most like to see filling these two box sets out? I'm going to assume this is a "Heroes vs. Villains" setup; we've got Hawkeye for the heroes, and Kang and the Grim Reaper as the villains. My two most wanted villains, probably: Enchantress and Executioner. As for the heroes...hmmm. I've made customs of my two favorite Avengers to not be 'mated yet (http://dinosaursinf14s.blogspot.com/2010/11/minimate-customs-quasar.html and the Black Knight), so I probably wouldn't vote for them, so... well, Mockingbird for one. I'd also not mind seeing a new Vision and/or Black Panther, though I only want one retread. I'd probably vote for a new Wasp too, although she's never been a favorite of mine. Maybe an FA Wonder Man... oh, so many choices!

While filling out these sets sounds like some fun guessing I am not banking on too many 'new' minimates in the remaining slots...Kang and Grim Reaper being new and a redo Hawkeye being a big want I will not at all be surprised to see a cap and iron man in here yet along with some other redos...not that I mind redos though.

Jeff of the Miniacs

My impression is that they'd be complimentary sets; I don't think we'll get one villain set and one heroes set, though. My guess is we'll get two heroes and two villains per set. I have a hunch we'll see an updated Vision, and at least one of the Big Three, but other then that, who knows. Honestly, there's no one I can think of that would ruin these sets.

Except Gideon. :tongue:

EDIT: Just thought of one worse: Bendis tribute 'mate. They could even just use Chef Duff's head. :yucky:

Edited by hellpop

Great photos, Zach! This is a much more exciting way to reveal new mates over just seeing them posted early on BBTS.

I'm super excited for everything we've 'seen' so far. Here's hoping we get a perfect iconic version of Hawkeye! I actually missed him the first time around so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

And I'm going to guess that these aren't based on EMH, but are similar just because minimates and EMH are trying to cash in on the biggest Avengers characters.

Of all the characters I want to see and figure we'll see, it's a classic Gideon at this point that I'm really rooting for.

And if not, hell... I still got cyborg Gideon, modern Gideon and a hopefully cool, Liefeld-styled Gideon with poppin' red/gold brightness!

Yeah, I'm with you on all those points. :highfive2:

I'd say these three are huge gifts. Should we set ourselves up for disappointment and hope there's a Falcon, Baron Zemo AND a Winter Soldier in these boxes, too? Leaves room for a Cap and an Iron Man.

DST could even call them the "Here you Go, now shut the hell up so we can get back to work!" boxes!

Edited by Kamsm8

Of all the characters I want to see and figure we'll see, it's a classic Gideon at this point that I'm really rooting for.

And if not, hell... I still got cyborg Gideon, modern Gideon and a hopefully cool, Liefeld-styled Gideon with poppin' red/gold brightness!

Yeah, I'm with you on all those points. :highfive2:

You hush your smart mouth! ;)

We are too built up we are heading for let down. Let's all be happy we got 2 new characters and 1 that really needed an update. I am sure there is a cap and iron man in there so lets temper our speculation and be happy we get some new 616 blood.

I'm hoping for Falcon, it's true... but that's me hoping for him and going ahead and preparing myself that every other figure in the 2 sets will be nothin' but Cap, Shellhead and Goldilocks.

Edited by Mystery Man

I'll agree, this is getting built up in our heads into more than it will likely be. Is it possible this will be a massive new and wanted Avengers character dump? Sure it's possible, but not all that likely. It's possible Hawkeye will be the tent pole figure in one of these sets, he is getting a big push right now. But one of the big three being included is more likely. As far as themes... aside from being Avengers related, I have no clues. There are simply too many options. Kang, Zemo, and Falcon seem almost too much to ask for in one announcment. Not saying it couldn't happen, but don't bet the rent money on it.

What do I want? Again too much. There are simply not enough slots. Enchantress, Executioner, Nefaria, Zemo, Whirlwind, Ionic Wonder Man, Falcon, Black Knight, non-phased Vision, green Quicksilver, Jocasta, Starfox, the list goes on.

Good news, *IF* one of these sets ends up being a Disney Store exclusive, they are currently running Free Shipping on all orders of $75 or more with coupon code "SHIPTODAY", the offer ends 6/30 too, so there should be plenty of time.

For hoarders enthusiasts like myself, that is a no brainer, but if you are only looking to buy 1 or 2 sets, then that might not be as helpful.

Edited by youbastards

Good news, *IF* one of these sets ends up being a Disney Store exclusive, they are currently running Free Shipping on all orders of $75 or more with coupon code "SHIPTODAY", the offer ends 6/30 too, so there should be plenty of time.

For hoarders enthusiasts like myself, that is a no brainer, but if you are only looking to buy 1 or 2 sets, then that might not be as helpful.

Do they ship to Greece or other countries in general? But if luke has them on the store I'll buy them from him. Shipping is cheap and they arrive here in exactly one week.