UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated. It is Their World After All.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Cubed Shaped... with mouse ears...

While I'm happy we finally got Kang, I'm less than pleased he's the only "new" figure in a 4-pack! The other 3 aren't different enough from their wave 43 counterparts, so it really feels like being gouged to have to rebuy them just to get Kang. The other set is a slightly better value but there are still 2 more repeats! I feel ripped off having to pay $40 for essentially 3 new figures and 5 repeats, especially when I have so many Cap, Thor & Iron Men too similar to these already. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

It was a fluke. Disney wanted Wave 44 as 4-packs, we needed to fill out the 4-packs with bigger names and fewer Ant-Men, yadda yadda. Not a template going forward. (Not many Disney Mates on the schedule, and not many Avengers slated between here and next year.) But yeah, these sets were announced before Wave 44 came out to give you guys a heads-up it was happening. I know Luke was very nice about it and allowed people to cancel their 44 orders based on this. (Sorry again, Luke.)

Of all waves to have that fluke, wave 44 is not a bad wave to have it on. These are good figures to have multiples of to display their different looks. The Ant-Man/Giant-Man sets are great for multiples. Thor as well; heck the spinning hammer alone is worth it to have for other Thors. Use the Hulk's arms/hands for improving other ones. The only set that I would think wouldn't be a big seller would be the Cap/Iron Man set.

Grim Reaper Box set review

Of all waves to have that fluke, wave 44 is not a bad wave to have it on. These are good figures to have multiples of to display their different looks. The Ant-Man/Giant-Man sets are great for multiples. Thor as well; heck the spinning hammer alone is worth it to have for other Thors. Use the Hulk's arms/hands for improving other ones. The only set that I would think wouldn't be a big seller would be the Cap/Iron Man set.

Grim Reaper Box set review

Just to let you know, you state that all three heroes (Iron Man, Thor, and Hawkeye) are available in Wave 44, which is only 2/3 true.

While I'm happy we finally got Kang, I'm less than pleased he's the only "new" figure in a 4-pack! The other 3 aren't different enough from their wave 43 counterparts, so it really feels like being gouged to have to rebuy them just to get Kang. The other set is a slightly better value but there are still 2 more repeats! I feel ripped off having to pay $40 for essentially 3 new figures and 5 repeats, especially when I have so many Cap, Thor & Iron Men too similar to these already. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

It was a fluke. Disney wanted Wave 44 as 4-packs, we needed to fill out the 4-packs with bigger names and fewer Ant-Men, yadda yadda. Not a template going forward. (Not many Disney Mates on the schedule, and not many Avengers slated between here and next year.) But yeah, these sets were announced before Wave 44 came out to give you guys a heads-up it was happening. I know Luke was very nice about it and allowed people to cancel their 44 orders based on this. (Sorry again, Luke.)

You could make it up to him with his own 'Amazing Bagman' exclusive! ;)

Has anyone tried this head from "Goled Age Captain America" with the new Hawkeye mask? I don't have one, but the bemused expression says Clint to me.

Thx or trying Turtle. zak, it's a good static expression, but I'm hoping to find something with more personality. Or at least less angry personality.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has any extra's of Kang, New Hawkeye or Grim Reaper and are wanting to get rid of them let me know :biggrin: . Unfortunately I don't have any cash, but I do have some decent trades in my sig and a lot of credit built up at my LCS, would be willing to pickup some stuff for trade...REALLY WANTING THESE MATES!

• 4 weeks later...