UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about Kang being a joke... it wasn't funny. Ever At the best of times it came off annoying and the worst it was obnoxious and demanding.

Now that we have him, is he good? Sure. He's a Minimate. I've never met one I hated. But I look at him, and I want to side with WebHead. Not because I hate the mate, but because people around here have made me so sick of him. :rolleyes:

Its a forum. People voiced their desire to get Kang in Minimate form. It appears to have worked...

Well Kang has made his way to my little part of the UK and I'm happy, now I just have to convince him to use his time travel ability so I can find out when LFC will finally get back to winning form. :whistling:

What Century is he originally from I'm sure by then we should have it sorted around here. :rolleyes:

With Southampton back where they belong & 'they that reside at Fratton' where they belong ....the world recently got better.

As for Spurs they're welcome to their DC comic manager .....Harvey Dent.

Off topic for sure but it'll be weeks before I see these sets...so whet the hell <_<

While I'm happy we finally got Kang, I'm less than pleased he's the only "new" figure in a 4-pack! The other 3 aren't different enough from their wave 43 counterparts, so it really feels like being gouged to have to rebuy them just to get Kang. The other set is a slightly better value but there are still 2 more repeats! I feel ripped off having to pay $40 for essentially 3 new figures and 5 repeats, especially when I have so many Cap, Thor & Iron Men too similar to these already. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

The worst part is I had planned on buying multiples of Kang, but not at these prices with the 3 other mates in the pack.

While I'm happy we finally got Kang, I'm less than pleased he's the only "new" figure in a 4-pack! The other 3 aren't different enough from their wave 43 counterparts, so it really feels like being gouged to have to rebuy them just to get Kang. The other set is a slightly better value but there are still 2 more repeats! I feel ripped off having to pay $40 for essentially 3 new figures and 5 repeats, especially when I have so many Cap, Thor & Iron Men too similar to these already. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

The worst part is I had planned on buying multiples of Kang, but not at these prices with the 3 other mates in the pack.

You could have bought them for $15 when they first arrived online at the Disney store. We posted the codes for 20% off and free shipping. Also, if you have too many extras of the bigger names, just give them away to kids. I plan on unloading all of my doubles/triples to my girlfriend's little cousins that are into legos. Maybe that'll bring in more fans.

You could have bought them for $15 when they first arrived online at the Disney store. We posted the codes for 20% off and free shipping. Also, if you have too many extras of the bigger names, just give them away to kids. I plan on unloading all of my doubles/triples to my girlfriend's little cousins that are into legos. Maybe that'll bring in more fans.

Sure, just let me hop in my time machine so I can order more. Oh, and let me spend more money just to give away what I don't want, which doesn't change the fact I still have to spend more money upfront.

To me, the saving grace of having the 5 figures dulpicated from wave 44 is that there are extra parts for extra looks for most of them. I'm still floored at how much could be packed into those packs. That is what I hope is a sign of things to come.

Yeah, when it comes down to it, I don't mind so much this time. Using the MvC/Wave 44 combo gets you a nice new, different Hulk. Cap has that shiny new shield and apparently new boots that people are enjoying. I like being able to permanently display both Thor heads and both Pyms. And I think the Iron Man unmasked head looks pretty cool on other IM 'mates. So I've been able to put each of the extras (or parts) to use. I still ended up with an extra Captain America, Hulk, and Iron Man, but two those just happen to be my kid's favorite characters. Couldn't have been planned better.

While I'm happy we finally got Kang, I'm less than pleased he's the only "new" figure in a 4-pack! The other 3 aren't different enough from their wave 43 counterparts, so it really feels like being gouged to have to rebuy them just to get Kang.

But surely that's a good thing if you don't think Kang is the dog's bollocks. Now I have no need to buy that boxset :D

I too tend to give away extras like these. There is a day care center on the first floor of my building. The kids love me... :confused:

Not trying to be rude, serious question. But aren't you concerned about the small parts and choking hazards?