UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No good deed goes unpunished...

Oh jeeze. Now all I can see is Zach dancing through the office singing the soundtrack to Wicked. I mean, most people that's just my imagination, but Zach would actually do that.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I8pneJkxBY

Hellpop, I almost never pull the absolute card unless I'm muddying myself with Transfans, but no. You're wrong on ever account.

Not only is Kang a B list villain, but in no way, shape form or fashion did DST bring this on themselves by "not making a fan-requested character for six years." I refuse to be angry at them. They owe me nothing. We are not their target audience. Children are. They're the ones who buy the more toys, not us. Once upon a time? Yes. But that was 6 years ago. TRU changed everything.

And Secret War figures? Really? Is there anyone who wasn't in that line? Not a good example.

Now, I'd like to apologize if I've come off melodramatic or stepped on anyone's toes. There's some stuff going on around here IRL that isn't fun.

Well, I'm not "wrong on every account", unless you want to dispute that Kang was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. As for the rest of what you said...

1. Yes, he's a B-list villain. You realize that's pretty good, right? It puts him a level below the likes of Dr. Doom and Magneto, which is just about right.

2. Never said that DST "owed" us anything, or that I was angry at them. What I said (or, what I meant) was that, if there's a character that a significant portion of your audience is clamoring for, and you don't make him, then it's just as much your fault that people are still asking for him. Sure, you got annoyed with those of us requesting Kang ad nauseum. I don't blame you one bit; but you should also be annoyed at DST for letting this drag out as long as they did.

3. I was kidding around in bringing up Secret Wars. Miry covered it pretty well already, but there were plenty of characters that didn't make it into the line, including Thor, the Hulk, and most of the Fantastic Four. It was a toy line notorious for odd character choices, though Kang was at least a part of the first wave, before things really went of the rails and they started including characters that weren't even in Secret Wars.

Anyway, WHY ARE WE EVEN STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS? It's over. They made Kang. We're happy. Sorry you had to read his name so many times.

Miry, I think you are missing the most important part of the Secret Wars toyline...it featured the toy debut of a certain character that is the best there is at what he does!

C.M. Punk was in the Secret Wars toyline? Do tell!

No, Chris Jericho.

2. Never said that DST "owed" us anything, or that I was angry at them. What I said (or, what I meant) was that, if there's a character that a significant portion of your audience is clamoring for, and you don't make him, then it's just as much your fault that people are still asking for him. Sure, you got annoyed with those of us requesting Kang ad nauseum. I don't blame you one bit; but you should also be annoyed at DST for letting this drag out as long as they did.

There's where I disagree. This board doesn't make a siginificant portion of their sales. I've got no numbes to back that up but I highly doubt we are a majority. And even of the boardies I doubt a significant portion were "clamoring" for Kang.

TM2 is right DST owes us nothing and no one should be annoyed at DST for supposedly dragging out a release of a figure that "everyone in the world" wanted.

Y'know something? I love that this is just about the most heated that discussions get on this forum :D Seriously :highfive2:

Thank you mods for banning Religion and Politics and keeping it that way.

Y'know something? I love that this is just about the most heated that discussions get on this forum :D Seriously :highfive2:

Yeah, me too. The only other thing I have to say on the subject is to repeat that I don't think we are "owed" anything... just that it's ridiculous that the whole Kang thing dragged out as long as it did. I mean, it's not like Chuck never directly heard the requests over the years. And it's not like it was one lone voice, like Lee Burns with Marvel Select Venom. There were at least six of us. :biggrin:

Hellpop..was it the ayahtollah of rock'n'rolla sculpt or original lionheart with top of the head ponytail?

It was actually Thrillseeker Jericho, complete with fanny pack... look, it was a weird toy line.

I said to my face. I won't tell you where you were saying THAT too...

Sorry, from here they look remarkably similar. :pinch:

(ya kinda walked right into that one. :tongue: )

Miry, I think you are missing the most important part of the Secret Wars toyline...it featured the toy debut of a certain character that is the best there is at what he does!

C.M. Punk was in the Secret Wars toyline? Do tell!

Jericho?

And yet, throughout all this abuse, Kang maintains his sunny disposition. Whatta guy.

lol, I also can't beleive i saw a thrillseekers reference.

Anyone need a peel?

00683b1e.jpg

Oh. My. God.

Look at all this junk food!