UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

the novelty has worn off.

The novelty of you guys pining for Kang wore off years ago. I've got plenty of time to make up to counter that.

THIS!

MAN y'all have no idea how glad I am about Kang, just so people will stop asking for him! I got so flipping sick of hearing about it. Now I just want him to fade away into obscurity once more where he belongs.

Yea, he can enjoy a nice iced tea there with Wasp.

I don't really see the big deal. Kang's a great character, he's an Avengers villain, he's a new figure, and most people coveted him. Even all of the Kang-talk turned into a running joke and less actual demanding.

After how long everyone campaigned for Kang, for DST to FINALLY make him, to take pictures of a perfectly good figure in the garbage just feels so insulting to both DST and the Kang fans.

Not trying to pick a fight, but the complaining is just as annoying.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a Giant Sized Man-Thing.

The thing about Kang being a joke... it wasn't funny. Ever At the best of times it came off annoying and the worst it was obnoxious and demanding.

Now that we have him, is he good? Sure. He's a Minimate. I've never met one I hated. But I look at him, and I want to side with WebHead. Not because I hate the mate, but because people around here have made me so sick of him. :rolleyes:

Humor is subjective.

I said before, I am willing to give Webs a pass on the Kang abuse, since I will admit to taking a small amount of joy in him being so sick of the Kangpaign. I dished it out, I can take it.

You're awfully young to be such a grump some days, Dinobutt. You should try being a depressed, disillusioned pessimist like me.

This Kang business is gonna get messy!

Webhead is just having a laugh... don't take it so seriously people.

If you filled these pages with countless Kang requests, be happy cos you have him now and take the wind-ups on the chin... because you deserve it! ;)

The novelty of you guys pining for Kang wore off years ago. I've got plenty of time to make up to counter that.

:lol:

The thing about Kang being a joke... it wasn't funny. Ever At the best of times it came off annoying and the worst it was obnoxious and demanding.

Now that we have him, is he good? Sure. He's a Minimate. I've never met one I hated. But I look at him, and I want to side with WebHead. Not because I hate the mate, but because people around here have made me so sick of him. :rolleyes:

I'd even go so far as to say "entitled," too.

If you filled these pages with countless Kang requests, be happy cos you have him now and take the wind-ups on the chin... because you deserve it! ;)

And, I doubt he's going to do anything bad to Kang. It appears that all the pictures have the figure very carefully placed, so nothing bad does happen to it. It's always on top of clean garbage.

Seriously, if you guys should be mad at anybody, it's DST for dragging the whole thing out so long. I admit that it got ridiculous, but that's because DST didn't make a fan-requested character for six years. It's not like the guy's a minor character; he's arguably the Avengers' greatest villain and was a key part of several major storylines (including the first Heroic Age Avengers storyline). He was created by Stan and Jack, for cryin' out loud! He had a Secret Wars figure! There was never a good reason not to make him.

:lol:

I'd even go so far as to say "entitled," too.

And, I doubt he's going to do anything bad to Kang. It appears that all the pictures have the figure very carefully placed, so nothing bad does happen to it. It's always on top of clean garbage.

Wait til I get out my dremel...

Seriously, if you guys should be mad at anybody, it's DST for dragging the whole thing out so long. I admit that it got ridiculous, but that's because DST didn't make a fan-requested character for six years. It's not like the guy's a minor character; he's arguably the Avengers' greatest villain and was a key part of several major storylines (including the first Heroic Age Avengers storyline). He was created by Stan and Jack, for cryin' out loud! He had a Secret Wars figure! There was never a good reason not to make him.

Yawn...

Hey, Webs wants to buy a toy to destroy it, that's his wallet issue, not mine.

Like I said, I dished, I can take. I said plenty, so feel free to unleash.

But let's be clear; and I can only speak for me:

I am a life long Avengers fan. I wanted Kang. I happily pushed for it.

It wasn't entitlement, it was a desire to see a favorite villain included, pure and simple.

And sometimes, yeah, I got obnoxious about it.

It was fun. I always meant it in the spirit of fun, and if it was perceived otherwise, it was never my intention.

Eventually Kang got his minimate.

I take no credit for it happening, and freely acknowledge we were a vocal minority of the vocal minority that is this board.

No shame, no regrets, no apologies. B)

So go ahead, spend $20 and have a Kang episode of "Will It Blend?" if it will make you feel better. I've got my Kang, and Disney made another sale, and hopefully a new regular avenue for minimates will open a little further. I will ask you send me the weapons though, AIM needs to upgrade their arsenal a little. :D

hmmm I do have a food processor

Personally, I find webheads pics amusing. I also think it's funny how some get annoyed with it when it's not even their minimate. I left the board a while and came back last year. So, I think i missed the majority of Kang talk. However, I can understand Dinobot and Webheads frustration because of the awful clamoring for Baghead Spidey. It's seems the majority just want to pick a character that really doesn't matter and gripe about it not being made. Kinda of why the Wave 50 thread has become a who can top blank-obscure character or variant costume wishlist thread.

Now for the Kangaholics I see your argument about him being a big Avengers villain. Baghead Spidey? enough already.

Webhead's Kang looks a little too clean for all of his wild adventures. Get him dirty Webhead!

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

As something of a neutral... The people whining about the people who whined about Kang, are far more tedious than the people who whined about Kang.

New characters are always welcome, whether they huge Avengers villains or not.

Sorry about that whole "turning brother against brother" thing, guys. Our bad.

It's all good, Zach, it's all good.

BTW, Webs, can't get credit for blending unless you get video. Dems da rules.

No good deed goes unpunished...

Oh jeeze. Now all I can see is Zach dancing through the office singing the soundtrack to Wicked. I mean, most people that's just my imagination, but Zach would actually do that.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I8pneJkxBY

Hellpop, I almost never pull the absolute card unless I'm muddying myself with Transfans, but no. You're wrong on ever account.

Not only is Kang a B list villain, but in no way, shape form or fashion did DST bring this on themselves by "not making a fan-requested character for six years." I refuse to be angry at them. They owe me nothing. We are not their target audience. Children are. They're the ones who buy the more toys, not us. Once upon a time? Yes. But that was 6 years ago. TRU changed everything.

And Secret War figures? Really? Is there anyone who wasn't in that line? Not a good example.

Now, I'd like to apologize if I've come off melodramatic or stepped on anyone's toes. There's some stuff going on around here IRL that isn't fun.

Swear to Go in heaven I am not trying to keep this going, but...

I think you're getting Mattel/Marvel Secret Wars confused with Kenner/DC Super Powers. Secret Wars has 13 figures US, 3 additional that were Europe only. The choices after the first 8 were... increasingly eclectic. Poses were static, articulation limited, and the scale just off enough that they were incompatible with the anything else. Super Powers had 33 figures, and covered almost all of DC's big characters of the day, and a handful of oddballs. They featured better articulation (knees!) and an "action feature" in each character (some were cool, some were lame, some made no sense). Both lines featured vehicles and a play-set, though Super Powers gave more actual cannon vehicles like the Bat Copter and Supermobile, while Secret Wars featured the Doom Roller.

Both lines ran concurrently, and are fondly remembered big us old guys. Super Powers for being one of the best DC lines ever. Secret Wars for being... there. Both lines were the first new attempts at Marvel and DC figures since the fall of the Mego lines several years before, and a return to the toy aisle after what seemed like forever.

Don't blame you for the confusion, Choppahface, as you were in diapers when all this was happening.