UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had spent so much time and effort trying to mod/bash a decent Hawkeye. So happy to be getting this one. Kind of bummed I'll probably have to buy an extra box set for just one extra figure, but. . .that's the way it goes sometimes.

does anyone know if the grim reaper will have any accessories

I know! I know! I know!

No.

BUT his hand is a scythe. And his mask comes off, although he's one of the only guys who doesn't get a hair piece.

Zach, your photos are always cool, but that Hawkeye shot looking over the rooftop is easily the best EVER. Wow.

Thank you! I posted the unadulterated non-darkened silho shot over in the General Minimates pictures thread, and I think I like that one even better.

Here you go. These were early samples, so they may not be exact -- I didn't compare them to the more recent packaged sample. Will share box and tray shots later today, perhaps.

kang1.jpg

If Kang has a two-piece head that's gonna be even SWEEEETER! I'm also curious if the finished products will have that metallic sheen on the purple parts like the Marvel.com pics do or not.

Thanks for the pics, Zach! I can't wait to get these!

So was it hard keeping mum's the word for however long you've had to about these? Especially with me (and others) harping about Kang?

Edited by Mystery Man

Thanks for the addional pics Zach, I will not be complaining about having dups, I love minimates and will always buy them no matter what duplicates come in a box set. I have been around since Wave 1 and will always purchase everything that comes out. I support mininmates till the end! Thanks for squeezing in Kang, Reaper, and Hawkeye into the box sets. I can't wait to retire the old hawkeye.

Next time when you tell us to stop speculating about who's incuded or not, I will understand :biggrin:

Okay... hang on... I don't mind the friendly rivalry game in a couple threads, and the sigs are fun, but if it's gonna spill into "the streets" as it were, let me know now cause I might need take another sabatical.

Just sayin'.

I like the Grim Reaper/Hawkeye set a lot despite not knowing who Grim Reaper is or not really liking Hawkeye (he’s okay, but... eh)

I was never in the MAKE KANG group, but I might just get the Kang set to justify getting an extra Smart Hulk (I need to Mega Rage Haggar and it’s probably easier to get Smart Hulk then Kingpin for pant legs)

so good showing (is :( we don’t have a clapping emoticon) you may have my $40 DST.

I'm also curious if the finished products will have that metallic sheen on the purple parts like the Marvel.com pics do or not.

I'm hoping the final product is not metallic. The purple in Zach's pic looks great to me.

Hawkeye is a really great looking 'mate. I'm really looking forward to him.

I'm also curious if the finished products will have that metallic sheen on the purple parts like the Marvel.com pics do or not.

I'm hoping the final product is not metallic. The purple in Zach's pic looks great to me.

Hawkeye is a really great looking 'mate. I'm really looking forward to him.

Me too. I like the basic purple on there as well. :)

Hey Zack I wish this type of info was in the product solicitations as often I don't find out what I should have bought duplicates of until the last minute. Sometimes it's easy to order more other times no so. Thanks for this, now I need another Pym...

We showed both Ant-Man helmets (and all three sets of shoes) at NY Toy Fair two and a half months ago, assumed everyone saw that then. Sorry, Dave.

No need to apologize. I was just suggesting in general that a copy in the previews description stating which if any include parts for different looks/costumes/etc. I pretty much assume now that most minimates but think it would appeal more to casual buyers if they know the changeability and value in buying more than one pack.

1335551639[/url]' post='222766']

I like the Grim Reaper/Hawkeye set a lot despite not knowing who Grim Reaper is or not really liking Hawkeye (he's okay, but... eh)

I was never in the MAKE KANG group, but I might just get the Kang set to justify getting an extra Smart Hulk (I need to Mega Rage Haggar and it's probably easier to get Smart Hulk then Kingpin for pant legs)

so good showing (is :( we don't have a clapping emoticon) you may have my $40 DST.

Welcome to the team.

Okay, so, Zach, question, since you have them in hand:

Is the purple on Hawkeye more purple like in the un-silhouetted pic you took, or fuchsia (pinkish) like in the (more than likely heavily Photoshopped) group shot?

Purple. The fuchsia one was a painted prototype, while the other one was painted at the factory. The one in the box I'm looking at is close to the factory sample I shot.

Merci. :thumbsup:

One more:

hawkeye2.jpg

Good gods, I am in love with that toy.

Well, I guess I can scratch 2 more mates off my list. Grim Reaper even has the crazy smile I designed! Unfortunately, I can't justify buying 2 whole box sets for only 2 minimates! :( I just don't want any more of those particular A-listers (Cap, Thor, IM. Hulk)anymore!

post-2001-0-51423100-1335565869_thumb.jppost-2001-0-42648000-1335565899_thumb.jp