UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an F.Y.I Disneystore.com updates on Fridays at 12:30am & 1am pacific time. That is the major update day for new release items. Early Mondays not to much of an update,but and update all the same,about the same time. For anyone looking to buy these packs at DS.com. I'm going to my local DS and talk with the CastMember about the boxsets release, if they have any info on them. They did have the Future Foundation and Heroic Age boxsets there before so I'm hoping they'll get these boxsets in as well. :geek:

I wonder if Kang will have an extra bearded head, like he looked in the Kang Dynasty. If not, he will at my house.

When I first saw 44 I wasn't sold, the more I see it the more I like it.

I love the Grim Reaper, mine will probably end up with the hooded look like in Avengers EMH, & that helmet might find it's way on to a Dr. Polaris, at least one will, I'm gettin' at least 2.

Just popped in to say "hi" and share my enthusiasm for the Kang unveil. Looking forward to acquiring him, Hawkeye and Grim Reaper. I'm not sure if word has gotten out since the official Kang reveal was made public today, but a major event has just occurred. Still don't know? Find out after the jump. Take care.:thumbsup:

so im guessing i missed the chat session :( anyway, these sets still look amazing, the detail on Kang is IMPRESSIVE and hawkeye looks much better then his previous attempts, reaper is a HUGE want for me and i cant wait to own him. Also dont mind the extra avengers AT ALL. Question for Zach, can you tell us about the accessories of the three new figures :D

so im guessing i missed the chat session :( anyway, these sets still look amazing, the detail on Kang is IMPRESSIVE and hawkeye looks much better then his previous attempts, reaper is a HUGE want for me and i cant wait to own him. Also dont mind the extra avengers AT ALL. Question for Zach, can you tell us about the accessories of the three new figures :D

Nah, I don't think the chat room ever got opened up.

Simon being grey was actually in Avengers V.3, right? I didn't know dying his hair was addressed in the comics as that's oddly interesting; I wonder who wrote that. Makes sense since I think he's been both brown and black as well but I'll note that the short brown hair with the SHIELD Agent makes for an excellent modern Wonderman hairpiece.

Actually it was in V.1 as well. His hair was grey when he first "woke up", or at least black with grey highlites. Then it got darker, and back and forth and all over the map. Kurt Busiek is the one who officially decided that Simon had gone prematurely grey even before his "death" and was dying his hair black even in his first appearance, though I don't think he ever got all of that in print in V.3. Eric, being older, has had hair color all over the map, so the explination works for Grim Reaper as well. Personally, Reaper will be getting the spare SHIELD Agent hair, as most of Eric's recent appearances have him with shorter hair.

But I'll second the request for a Kang, Reaper, and Hawkeye accessory rundown... or even pics! When you get the spare minute, Zach.

Kang keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin' into the future...

Laughing. My. F.A. ALL the way off!

Hmmmmm... I MAY end up getting both of these boxed sets plus Ant-Man, or I may end up sans Smart Hulk, who I WAS going to buy with Thor, but suddenly I'll already have a Thor... hmmm...

It's good to hear we're getting more hair pieces and heads and hammers. Takes some of the bite out of getting the repeat characters. Honestly though, I was going to buy these for Kang, Hawkeye, and Reaper regardless of who they came with. Sure I was hoping for Wasp or Falcon, but I figured it would be Iron Man or Cap. Like (I think it was Zach) said, at least it's not another slightly different Cap and Iron Man than wave 44.

And the more I look at the new mates the more excited I get.

Thanks! I like the silhouette better, and I actually didn't darken that pic AT ALL. The sun was behind a cloud, it was overcast, and that's just how it came out. Then the sun came out, I changed my angle slightly, and I got the non-silho blue-sky shot. Literally, within 15 seconds of each other. So weird. I gave them outdoor Kang and Grim Reaper shots, too, but they didn't use them.

Are these the same, darkened outdoor shots we saw as the silhouettes, or are these well-lit type ones? If it's the latter, are you allowed to share them here?

Edited by Nessex

So we get to pay inflated exclusive prices for what should have been Wave 44 to begin with? Awesome. I understand the need for duplication, but if this was from any other company I wouldn't hesitate to call it a blatant cash grab.

If it helps you guys, think of it like this: we didn't give Disney Kang to make you all buy more Avengers, we gave Disney the Avengers so they would carry Minimates. Disney carrying Minimates is good for everybody. But Disney won't sell 2-packs, they prefer a higher price point. Once they picked the characters they wanted, we had room in the box sets to work in new figures. ENTER KANG.

So we get to pay inflated exclusive prices for what should have been Wave 44 to begin with? Awesome. I understand the need for duplication, but if this was from any other company I wouldn't hesitate to call it a blatant cash grab.

If it helps you guys, think of it like this: we didn't give Disney Kang to make you all buy more Avengers, we gave Disney the Avengers so they would carry Minimates. Disney carrying Minimates is good for everybody. But Disney won't sell 2-packs, they prefer a higher price point. Once they picked the characters they wanted, we had room in the box sets to work in new figures. ENTER KANG.

So basically, Disney wants the Big Shots for gobs of money. Obviously there are more than four of them. Disney says "Fine. Give us TWO box sets. We don't care." So you think about it and fill the spots with things that are awesome. Makes perfect sense to me.

So basically, Disney wants the Big Shots for gobs of money. Obviously there are more than four of them. Disney says "Fine. Give us TWO box sets. We don't care." So you think about it and fill the spots with things that are awesome. Makes perfect sense to me.

BING BING BING BING!! That's correct! Johnny, tell him what he's won!

Wait... backup... Kang got announced and Geo made sense on the same day!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :blink: Kangpocalypse indeed.

I'm already committed to buying the two box sets. And if this is what it takes to get Disney to carry Minimates I'm all for it.

UNLESS, it becomes a trend, that in order to get one new character, I'd have to pick up two or three rehashes. This effectively means I'm paying $10 or even $20 for each new character, which would make me really question whether Disney exclusives are even worth it. I really hope this won't be the case. Though for the record, I have bought every Disney boxset so far, 'cause I have to admit even the Heroic Age and Classic boxsets were good rehashes.

But yeah, thanks, Zach. I too, appreciate your communication with us.

Great pics! Those Storm/Psylocke arms work better with Kang than they did for previous characters IMO.

Anyone gonna base a Captain Harlock custom around that Grim Reaper?

4ab9c8f9419f0-1.jpg

Edited by karamazov80