UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

Hmmm...if this set is to support both Wave 44 and tie into the excitement for the movie, I'm wondering if an updated Black Widow or Nick Fury might be filling out either of those remaining spots.
It's either that or Avengers v1 #23... Cap's Kooky Quartet vs Kang. In which case the other two slots are likely some combination of Wanda, Cap, and Quicksilver.
Wanda is back in a big way in the comics lately... but I think Wanda and Pietro are almost too much to hope for. I can't imagine Hawkeye being considered enough of a tentpole to hang this set on alone.

I would have agreed with you a year ago, but Marvel seem to REALLY be pushing Hawkeye lately. His new monthly title is about to start up; the 6" Movie awkeye looks AMAZING compared to the other figures; he's getting more figures than Black Widow (this might be because he's a boy though); He's getting an Ultimate figure on the Avengers 3.75" line; & i saw him mentioned on the back of another figure despite him not appearing in picture on the figure selection. Maybe it just surprises me to see someone other than IronMan/Cap/Thor getting some attention - but i've been suspecting that Marvel really wants to make Hawkeye an A-Lister over the past year or so, especially leading up to the release of the Avengers movie. Not that i mind seeing someone else get the limelight for a bit. /rant.

I'm wondering if the popularity of "Hunger Games" and archery has something to do with Hawkeye getting so much attention. Nonetheless, I love the character, so the more the merrier. I'm really looking forward to getting multiples of these sets.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been following these reveals for the last few days, spazzing out on my own :D

Grim Reaper is probably one of my favorite Avengers villains so im SOOOOOO EXCITED to be getting a mate of him :D

also Zach, is the reveal date still today at a later time? or are you going to be continuing to do silhouetted reveals of each mate to countdown to an official reveal? im fine with either :D

ive been following these reveals for the last few days, spazzing out on my own :D

Grim Reaper is probably one of my favorite Avengers villains so im SOOOOOO EXCITED to be getting a mate of him :D

also Zach, is the reveal date still today at a later time? or are you going to be continuing to do silhouetted reveals of each mate to countdown to an official reveal? im fine with either :D

Those are the only three silhouettes I shot, and you'll see why when they announce the sets. But I gave them lit versions of these photos in addition to the official photography of the full sets, so I hope you like those, as well.

I was told it would run today, but not when. You all may want to take five, focus on your day jobs or school or whatever until end of day EST. I've seen them post stories at 5:30 sometimes.

Sorry for the teases, I just thought you guys would get a kick out of them. I did this for you all, and the <500 people following Minimates on Twitter were an afterthought.

Glad you did 'em Zach. They're all not only all kinds of teasy, but they're excellent shots as well.

I admit I woke up this morning and saw the newest one and I thought to myself "Why is Zach showing us a pirate coal miner?" then realization kind of set in and I woke up.

Really excited about these. My wallet, is not.

Also wednesdays are my day off, so I have nothing else to focus on. If the weather didn't suck I'd go out and take some pictures, but the ground is all wet sludge. I don't feel like dealing with that.

Edited by The Geohound

Those are the only three silhouettes I shot, and you'll see why when they announce the sets.

And now we're going to sit around speculating why you'd only be able to photograph three of the eight (Two box sets? Seven? A new wave?) figures being announced. Like, do some of them have translucent parts? Are their silhouettes too distinctive so as to give them away? Would seeing more confirm suspicions of an issue- or saga-specific lineup, spoiling the other reveals?

Oh yes, Zach, we always have reasons to flout work/school to talk about Minimates.

The other five figures (if we're talking two box sets) are Spider-Man.

And I'd be okay with that at this point.

Those are the only three silhouettes I shot, and you'll see why when they announce the sets. But I gave them lit versions of these photos in addition to the official photography of the full sets, so I hope you like those, as well.

I was told it would run today, but not when. You all may want to take five, focus on your day jobs or school or whatever until end of day EST. I've seen them post stories at 5:30 sometimes.

Sorry for the teases, I just thought you guys would get a kick out of them. I did this for you all, and the <500 people following Minimates on Twitter were an afterthought.

You focus on your day job, Oat!

Oh, wait, you are. Never mind.

Looking at the time stamps on Marvel.com's toy news area, looks like they usually post things right before noon, or around 5. Well, it's right before noon now, so...

If it's an Avengers heroes and villians situation, then Zemo is a possibility. A strong one. He's the inarguably the most successful leader the Masters of Evil ever had. And as a group, the MoE occupy the number 3 slot on the Avengers top 5 foes. The others being Kang, Ultron, the Grim Reaper, and Count Nefaria. With Kang and Reaper already on the table... the idea that Zemo and Nefaria could also show up seems too much to ask for. But there's scores of 2nd tier members of Zemo's Masters or Reaper's Lethal Legion that are also possibilities. The Fixer, Whirlwind, Living Laser, Mr. Hyde, Power Man/Goliath, Swordsman, Man-Ape, Black Knight. The list goes on.

And the list of unmade or updatable Avengers is equally long. Wasp, Black Widow, Vision, Wonder Man, Luke Cage all could use a refresh. Falcon, Black Knight, Tigra, Mockingbird, Moondragon, Justice Crystal, Sersi and more count among the unmade. A Hawkeye TTA would be cool too.

P.S. the anticipation is killing me...

Edited by Mirymate

Moon Knight > Batman

Given that Moon Knight currently suffers form multiple personality disorder, this is quantitatively true.

I'm really happy with how this one came out. Beautiful sunset, otherworldly lampposts...

seekrit.jpg

OH MY GOSH IT'S DOOP!