UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

http://marvel.com/news/story/18619/marvelstorecom_to_deliver_exclusive_avengers_toys_in_may

Article Repost:

"Marvel's The Avengers" is rapidly approaching, and Avengers Mania is sweeping the nation! But what about those Avengers fans whose love for Earth's Mightiest Heroes predates the highly anticipated feature film? MarvelStore.com is already the place to go for all of your Marvel movie swag needs, but they also carry merchandise modeled after the comics and cartoons, and they just got two new items that will be must-have items in any Marvel fan's collection!

Shortly after "Marvel's The Avengers" hits in May, MarvelStore.com will offer two exclusive box sets of Marvel Minimates by Diamond Select Toys, both based on the classic comic-book Avengers team! Each set will showcase the team's most iconic members in 2-inch mini-figure form, as well as a major Avengers villain who has never before been made as a Minimate! Set 1 features the debut of the eternal time-traveler Kang against Captain America, Hulk and Giant-Man, while Set 2 spotlights the vengeful Grim Reaper alongside Iron Man, Thor and Hawkeye.

No Avengers collection will be complete without these exclusive sets! Order them through MarvelStore.com or DisneyStore.com in late April, or pick them up at your local Disney Store!

Moon Knight > Batman

Given that Moon Knight currently suffers form multiple personality disorder, this is quantitatively true.

I'm really happy with how this one came out. Beautiful sunset, otherworldly lampposts...

seekrit.jpg

Edited by Lurch77

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you put that up just as I'm about to do something, Zach. God, how do I compete with that?

Dude, that's a great shot! And a great Orson Randall! I love dramatic uplighting. I shot a couple of my MvC3 match-ups on a fluorescent light mounted in our stairwell, and thought they came out pretty cool, but yours is much cooler.

I've got one of the old Playmates Trek teleporter pads, and I'm gonna try and light it up when I shoot my Jacob Keyes Halo Minimate, like he's leaning over a tabletop display. No idea if it's game-accurate, just seemed like it would be cool.

Sorry to c-block you, man. I'll make it up to you somehow.

It's cool. The way I lit that is actually I took a big clear storage bin and put my desk lamp in it pointing up and then put a thin cloth over the bin and then put everything on top of it. So really, the mates are basically standing onto of the lightbulb. there's about a half inch of actual distance, but it's pretty close. And that is an awesome idea for a Keyes shot too. It would be pretty game accurate if you add in like some floating hologram stuff above the table and put that little Cortana on the table talking to him. Man I really wanna see that picture now. And, so yeah, that's a proven shot of Kang. I love it. It's such an eerie picture. Kang Kang Kang. I never actually cared about him, but now, seeing it's really happening, I'm actually really looking forward to it.

See? Looks like War Machine's helmet. :P

I see it, actually, now that I'm looking at it. But hey, Kang, War Machine, new mates is new mates.

Edited by The Geohound

See? Looks like War Machine's helmet. :P

Um... no. Time for another eye exam, Choppahface. Unless Rhodey is wearing a puffy sleeve pirate shirt, and a much slimmer collar piece, I don't think that's him.

Oh but who it could be.... :banana::bunny::buttrock:

Thanks for posting it, Zach.

Moon Knight > Batman

Given that Moon Knight currently suffers form multiple personality disorder, this is quantitatively true.

I'm really happy with how this one came out. Beautiful sunset, otherworldly lampposts...

seekrit.jpg

Whoever it is under all those lamp posts I'm betting they charge by the hour!

Who's Kang? That's Paste Pot Pete! :whistling:

How did you know I wanted a Paste Pot Pete 'mate? The Wizard too! :thumbsup:

Posted in the Kang discussion on the Marvel board... so I'll leave my comments for there, other than saying another big THANK YOU to Zach, Chuck and whoever else had a hand in this. So incredibly thrilled.

I have a packaged sample in hand, yes. These are mostly test shots, though. Close to final. May post another tonight. AT MIDNIGHT. MUAHAHAHAHAHAH.

...If I remember.

That's a wicked cool shot, Zach.

Thanks, man. Posting your Vorin pic everywhere. Little Rubber Guys, Facebook, everywhere.

Honestly, holding it to reveal it and then release it immediately makes a whole lot of sense. The whole big demnd for Kang and all. Can you imagine this place if they show the thing and then we have to wait a few months for SDCC or whatever? It would just be incessant floods of "Kang's Coming OMGs" and such. I think this is just a much better plan.

Also, if it's Disney store exclusive (which mayyybeeeeee) I'm all for helping anyone find them that can't. I only want one. The disney store I got my FF box from got a bunch and to my knowledge almost no one bought them, so if I can get a bunch of extras, I will.

Edited by The Geohound