UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DarthKostis's Films-Update 17/6/2013 on page 2

Kostisfire

I deleted the first post since i have no use for it now.Anyway here's the update:

It will be a web series with minimates.In summer i will release more episodes since i have more time.They will have a running time of 5-10 minutes.The episodes will be stop motion animation.The scenery will be made from lego and some times it will be outdoor.The quality of the frames and the pacing will be top notch,i can guarantee that.I'm writing the script now but i'm still waiting for my exams to finish before i fully start this project.Here's the basic idead of the plot(it's not exactly a summary but more like an explation of what is going to happen in the series).

Reed and Tony find out that many other universes exist.There also exists a connection between them(how this connection exist which links the universes together will be explained in the series).When they succeed in communicating with other universes trough an extraordinary object the most brilliant minds will work together to bring the universes together.(Pretty simple till now,i guess you know who the bright minds of each universe are.They work together,they bring the universes together hence the title multiverse.)I don't want to give to much away for the villains,let's just say that you are going to see cylon armies getting destroyed(if i win in the auction) by unsc marines in the watchtower while a human sized galactus(i will explain the cause of it in the series)is fighting some lanterns in mars.Also daredevil will REDACTED REDACTED on REDACTED.

Again this is a very basic idea,i will release a sneak peek with footage in July,stay tuned,vote and tell your thoughts.

Note:it won't be just mindless action
Note 2:I had also made a poster but it was destroyed by my cat.

Edited by Kostisfire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had created a previous thread but i couldn't find it.I updated only once so it might had been deleted.Anyway "the Multiverse" is the name of the new minimate web series i will be launching.Filming begins tommorow.Here are some details about the whole project:

-The sceneries are made from lego.Pretty much everything will be lego.Walls,decorations,everything.

-Figures used will be minimates.

-The quality of the video will be top notch.I just bought a nikon d3100.

-Special effects will be present.I bought photoshop cs5 and power director 9 as well as wavedirector 9.

-A script will be present as well.Each episode will be its own story but they will all tie into a bigger plot.

-Each episode will be as long as i can make it,from 5 minutes (minimum) to 10 minutes (maximum)

You must be wondering why it's called the multiverse.Well,because everything exists in this multiverse.For example:the walking dead exist in the same universe as batman and the battle beasts.Every minimate property exists in this multiverse.Actually it's a combination of every universe.Some changes will be made.For example:resident evil and the walking dead will be merged.Instead of rick and the survivours roaming america to reach a safe house they will be trapped in Racoon State.I thought that raccoon city and the story of the walking dead could be tied to make something different(same goes for every zombie property dst aquires).You might say:How can earth have some many new fictional places and heroes and yet be in danger?I'm glad you asked.You see,pirates exist in the multiverse but how can they exist in a world with aliens and robot revoloutions?The answer is simple.Earth is bigger.The caribbean sea is the home of the pirates,while raccoon state is a new state as big as america.From all this universe merging earth grew 1000x more.It sounds stupid but it's the only way it could work.You could say:Why have a shared universe?Keep everything according to the source material and create stories about what you want.There's no need for changes.True but wouldn't it be better if the dc movies were connected?Didn't you enjoy the avengers?Don't you want to see chris and jillamong rick's group against zombies on their way to escape from raccoon state?That's what i'm trying to achieve.

Keep in mind though that i'm only one guy so some voices might sound similar.I will try to make them different using sound tools but don't wait drastic differences.I can do many voices but some will sound alike.Thank you for your time.I'll update this topic regularly.The episodes will be posted on youtube.My youtube name is Darthkostis.Expect the first episode to show up during the start of september.The reason for creating these series is to have fun and to make some money.After you turn 18 you can apply for a partnership with youtube.All of the succesfull youtubers make a lot of money so for me it's easy cash.So far homework for school is nothing.5 minutes at the maximum.They give us so little homework that i don't need to study to get an A.(i have a very good memory too,so that helps).And since i'm getting my proficiency this november and except from my private lessons i have nothing else to do,this is the perfect way to both have fun and make some cash(when the time comes).Again,thank you for reading this and i hope you will like my new web series.

PS:Racoon state is still a part of america.America is just a lot bigger in my universe.

"The Multiverse" is the name of the new minimate web series i will be launching.Filming begins tommorow.Here are some details about the whole project:

-The sceneries are made from lego.Pretty much everything will be lego.Walls,decorations,everything.

-Figures used will be minimates.

-The quality of the video will be top notch.I just bought a nikon d3100.

-Special effects will be present.I bought photoshop cs5 and power director 9 as well as wavedirector 9.

-A script will be present as well.Each episode will be its own story but they will all tie into a bigger plot.

-Each episode will be as long as i can make it,from 5 minutes (minimum) to 10 minutes (maximum)

You must be wondering why it's called the multiverse.Well,because everything exists in this multiverse.For example:the walking dead exist in the same universe as batman and the battle beasts.Every minimate property exists in this multiverse.Actually it's a combination of every universe.Some changes will be made.For example:resident evil and the walking dead will be merged.Instead of rick and the survivours roaming america to reach a safe house they will be trapped in Racoon State.I thought that raccoon city and the story of the walking dead could be tied to make something different(same goes for every zombie property dst aquires).You might say:How can earth have some many new fictional places and heroes and yet be in danger?I'm glad you asked.You see,pirates exist in the multiverse but how can they exist in a world with aliens and robot revoloutions?The answer is simple.Earth is bigger.The caribbean sea is the home of the pirates,while raccoon state is a new state as big as america.From all this universe merging earth grew 1000x more.It sounds stupid but it's the only way it could work.You could say:Why have a shared universe?Keep everything according to the source material and create stories about what you want.There's no need for changes.True but wouldn't it be better if the dc movies were connected?Didn't you enjoy the avengers?Don't you want to see chris and jillamong rick's group against zombies on their way to escape from raccoon state?That's what i'm trying to achieve.

Keep in mind though that i'm only one guy so some voices might sound similar.I will try to make them different using sound tools but don't wait drastic differences.I can do many voices but some will sound alike.Thank you for your time.I'll update this topic regularly.The episodes will be posted on youtube.My youtube name is Darthkostis.Expect the first episode to show up during the start of september.The reason for creating these series is to have fun and to make some money.After you turn 18 you can apply for a partnership with youtube.All of the succesfull youtubers make a lot of money so for me it's easy cash.So far homework for school is nothing.5 minutes at the maximum.They give us so little homework that i don't need to study to get an A.(i have a very good memory too,so that helps).And since i'm getting my proficiency this november and except from my private lessons i have nothing else to do,this is the perfect way to both have fun and make some cash(when the time comes).Again,thank you for reading this and i hope you will like my new web series.

PS:Racoon state is still a part of america.America is just a lot bigger in my universe.

Kostis,

I merged these two threads to make it easier follow and so that it's all in one place.

T.

Thanks a lot! I used the search engine but i couldn't seem to find the older thread.I thought that since i hadn't updated it in a while it was deleted.Thanks again fro merging them!

Edited by Kostisfire

test Here's a little bit of test footage.You will notice the change of brightness and the shaky camera.Well,that and the lack of sound effects.I wasn't feeling very well that day (i had a headache) but when i start something i have to finish it.So here's a small teaser.The end product will be much better.In fact i started shooting my 10th anniversary short.Thanks for your time! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the trailer: trailer

fb page: fb page

twitter page: twitter page

You know the rest.Comment,like,follow,subscribe...

What do you think?I'm sorry about the voices but i'm only one person.I will try to make them different in the upcoming videos (through pc).This doesn't reflect the end product.This was done in a day without a script.I just wanted to release something.The end product will be much better.Please support it.Tell me what you think and have a nice day :thumbsup: .

One more thing.The videos will be in hd.The trailer is hd too.

Edited by Kostisfire

My opinion is this. Your actual stop motion of your characters is really good for the most part. Your camera moments are a bit jerky, but that obviously something you learn to do better over time through practice. You absolutely need more people to do voices though, because one person cannot voice an entire thing like this. Even with voice filters. Unless you're Mel Blanc or on that level of voice talent, it just gets a bit old pretty quick. Not to mention it'll probably strain your voice to no end and thus take you longer to get things done. Also, the words you have randomly flashed towards the end, you've gotta hold on those longer. Otherwise it's just a bother to try and read them. That all said, it's looking good, Kostis. Keep on plugging. I'm starting to look forward to this. Should be a fun time.

Thans for the tips. This was done in 4 hours with a small script. I just wanted to release something. For the voices part,I don't think I can find more people. These guys stopped hanging out with me because I wasn't manly enough (I didn't smoke,nor was I a short guy who didn't wash his body). The english of the guys I hang out with now are just terrible. I will try more. This was just to give you an idea of the themes that will be featured. For the camera part I still can't adjust the light do I gotta work on that too. I started working on the first episode now (which will be around 10 minutes) and I'm in a pretty good road so far.

Anyone who wants to give me a hand with the voices should pm. I'm looking forward!:)

Edited by Kostisfire

Man, now I just wanna fire up some software I've been neglecting for way too long, just to see if I can still use. Anyways, yeah, I'm sure plenty of people around here wouldn't mind helping out with voice from time to time. And help with writing and stuff like Dinobot said. We seem to be a large community of people who know how to do an awful diverse amount of things (or a diverse amount of awful things, depending on who you're talking to) And if Dinobot does voice work for it and ISN'T cast as Black Cat, well, I'll be disappointed.tongue.gif

Anyways, I'll throw you a PM in a bit and discuss more things. Gotta do something else first.

• 2 months later...

I know i've said that the first episode would be up till september but i had a lot of things going on.Production officially starts christmas day.I'm now familiarising with my programs.I'm all set.I have:power director 9 for stopmotion,adobe ae cs4 and photoshop cs5 for editing and i also have fruity loops and sonar 8 to make my own music and sound effects.I bought a lightbox which fits the 46x46 lego baseplate.I have more lights and i recently bought the new lego batcave.My photography skills have increased too! Now i don't just put the camera in the back and take shots of the mates back.I switch angles which makes evrything better.I snapped a few 1 minute pics to post something new:8080476779_49a6a6777b.jpg">8080462754_d1b37b38d6.jpg">

Edited by Kostisfire

I'm thinking of renaming it: combat royale.

Since creating scenery and such can take up a lot of time i thought this:The sole reason everyone watches superhero movies are the action scenes right?Well i came up with a storyline which can make this happen.The whole episode will be a fight between two or more characters.The scenery will change from time to time and it will have a story but i thought that mixing fight club and a zombie apocalypse would be a good idea.What do ya think?

• 4 months later...

UPDATE 23/2/2013
Most of you have probably forgotten about this and think i've given up on this too.Well,nope! I've been working on this for quite some time.I bought a new printer and some of worldworksgame's stuff but i couldn't find the right paper or materials to use so i scrapped that.So i was left with a 220 euro printer that i had no use for.Then it struck me:Why not use clay to make the things i want? I run to the store bought a bunch of clay and started moulding.A week later i have built the scenery for an uncharted-savage land-wolverine movie.I added real leaves,branches,dirt,etc.I printed some backdrops and have began work on an arkham asylum story.Filming will start today.I'm going to buy a mic this monday so the sound will be better.Also i have three lights covering all sides and a lightbox which filters the light and makes it look natural.So in an essence production starts today!I know i've said that a lot of times but choosing the best solution for the scenery was a pain in the a$$.Now that everything is sorted out i hope to have some footage ready by tommorrow evening (a few snipets,nothing spectacular but the movie i'm working on will have plenty of action).

Thanks for reading and i hope that you will give me a chance even though i've said that numerous times.

• 3 months later...

UPDATE 17/6/2013

So, after almsot a year I'm ready to start this thing! I bought a new professional microphone, I bought even more editing programs and have been writting a lot of scripts. As for the scenery i will buy some of themodular buildings and create a city which will be adjusted to fit the movie's needs and some spare bricks to create some key locations such as the Hellicarrier conferenc eroom and such. I've already finished my Hall of Doom andi'm near the end of my Batcave.

I couldn't start filming because my school life didn't leave me much time for this kind of stuff. So now that my exams are over i have around three months to do whatever i want. Though i managed to use photoshop and after effects a bit and now i know how t use it and all that.The update has more to do with the nature of the films. First of all pretty much every movie will be a part of a story arc. For example the first one will be a different version of Dark Reign, which consists of 7 films, each of them having a running time of 10-15 minutes. Here's the rundown of my first story arc:

Dark Reign

(1) Avengers: Master of Evil- Script is ready, 2.801 words-next stage storyboards

(2) Secret Avengers: Sins-script is ready, 2.047 words-next stage storyboards

(3) Dark Avengers: Killing is my Business-draft ready

(4) Captain America: S.H.I.E.L.D. of Liberty-draft ready

(5) Hulk: Indestructible-draft ready

(6) Iron Man: Deceived-draft ready

(7) Superior Spider-Man: Elimination-draft ready

The main story is Dark Reign but mixed with a bit of Armor Wars, the current secret avengers arc and civil war (not so much though). Bassically you have AIM Island which now is a nation and is protected by NATO going around and pretending to be the good guys. They make deals with the U.S. governemnt and they send their HAMMER drones to the battlefield along with U.S. soldiers, they create their own avengers team, they manipulate the public and all that. We also see how the heroes cope with all that. Some things are from the old continuity, some from the new and some are mine. For example, Spider-Man is now Peter but with Otto's morals and personality sort-off (he isn't so friendly and starts using his smarts) and the x-men haven't broken up.

The next storylines wil be: The Doom Chronicles, Justice (a DC story arc), Avenging Spider-Man (spider-man team up), and an X-men story arc. Each of them consists of at least 4 films. I might do some others in the mean time which will have another theme and be sorter but thse are the ones that have a draft already written for them.

I might do a deadpool film (it's called Deadpool: Viva Las Vegas! and it's about dp going to vegas but there he finds himself in the middle of a gang war between the Kingpin/Hand and Joe Fixit) first since i'm waiting for Zemo to start the Dark Reign storyline and he will take a long time to arrive

Thank you for your time and i hope that by the end of july i will have something ready!

Edited by Kostisfire