UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Create your own Battle Beasts" Contest

Lurch77

post-28-0-82647300-1335194276_thumb.jpg

Battle Beasts are here and what better way to celebrate than with a new contest!

Do you think you can create your own mighty character for battle? Create your beast out of whatever materials you can find and let's see how it stands up to your fellow competitors.

===============================================================

Prizes:

The top two creations will each win a prize package that includes:

- 1 Grey Vorin (ram) Battle Beast

- 1 Translucent Red Vorin (ram) Battle Beast

- 1 Battle Beasts IDW promo comic book

- 1 Battle Beasts poster

Also we will do a random drawing from all of the entries (minus the two top creations) for another prize package:

- 1 Grey Vorin (ram) Battle Beast

- 1 Translucent Red Vorin (ram) Battle Beast

- 1 Battle Beasts IDW promo comic book

- 1 Battle Beasts poster

So everyone that enters has a really good chance to win!

Rules:

1.) Your custom must be a new Battle Beast of your own creation.

2.) Please submit a manageable sized picture of your Beast in this thread along with a bio of your character.

3.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post, and must be your work entirely. Previous customs are not allowed.

4.) The character selection is completely up to you.

5.) Only one character per entry per person.

6.) You can use any means available to you to create your Beast: drawings; minimates; any other toys, items, foods, etc.

Dates:

Entries will be accepted between now and Thursday May 31st at 11:59 PM CST.

Voting begins on June 1st until June 4th at 11:59 PM CST.

Winners will be posted shortly afterwards.

Voting:

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, the top three characters you like the best.

1.) Best Beast

2.) Second Best Beast

3.) Third Best Beast

Anyone can vote, even the participants.

If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.

The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.

Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts.

Tie-breakers will be decided by the staff.

During the voting period, please send all ballots by PM to me.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Big thanks goes out to Zach at DST for the prizes and also to youbastards for getting them for us!!

Good luck and have fun!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call dibs on a narwhal (the unicorn of the sea) Battle Beast! :thumbsup:

Good thing I had a meeting today. Had plenty of time to let my mind wander and think about an entry...

Hey! You two already got your Battle Beasts! Give us small-folk a chance! :D

Also, I have my beast already in mind :devil:

im so entering this, first a few questions, can you have multiple drawings of the same character? (say they have a special armored form or powered up form?), does the beast have to be drawn in mate style? and lastly, can it be a crossover? such as a marvel/DC character as a battle beast?

My first instinct was Gorilla... just because I love Apes... but that seems so mundane. That's like picking "Lion" ...I really want to do a Gorilla... but it's one of the obvious animals. Where's the imagination? lol...

I definitely need to enter this though... I don't get in on alot of contests around here because they're usually for customs... and customs aren't really my thing. But drawing IS my thing... so this I could get down on...

If there were multiple entries I'd probably do a Gorilla as one... but with one, yeah... I'm really gonna need to make sure I pick an awesome animal...

Edited by Gillbob316

I know exactly what I want to do, a custom character I have in nearly every toy format I've collected. So I've spent the day working out parts, weapons, and armor. Once everything was ready for the building phase it hit me that there is are two very good reasons I haven't already done the character before the first is that I have no idea how to make the digigrade lower legs work and second I have no idea where I'm going to find an appropriate head. Still, by the end of this contest I'll have a night tiger Battle Beast minimate.

Looks great! One thing, is "he" called Natalie?

thanks! and haha no :D his name is Nautilus, named after Captain Nemo's submarine in twenty thousand leagues under the sea :)

also ill be posting colored versions of this pic as well as a battle scene one :)

note: *I'm not in the running for prizes*

sgrocklobster.jpg

Sgt Rock Lobster

Sergeant Rock Lobster hails from an unknown aquatic planet in Galaxy B Sector 52. He's highly skilled in underwater combat but his tough rock armor makes him a formidable opponent on land as well. Armed with his trusty trident of fury that he calls "King Shucker" he is ready to lead his Battle Beasts allies to victory.

Oh dear jeeze... I was going to come post in this thread and be depressed, because I thought it ended APRIL 30th... and I got real buried in work the last week or two and didn't have time to do an entry...

But it's MAY 30th... I still have plenty of time! Woohoo!