UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lurker decides to have a stronger presence

Hey everyone! After being a member for a few years, I've decided I should probably be a more active poster as a direct result of Zach initially thinking I was a girl at the C2E2 minimates panel this year. I've done a few trades in the past but had a pretty major lifestyle disruption in mid-2010 that really upset my ability to keep up with messageboards (all the other people at my job were shuffled off to different sections, leaving me to run a whole area by myself) and this was the last one to fall out of my sight. I've still kept up with minimates at retail though I did get behind on a few things (like BttF DeLoreans). I look forward to discussing what wild minor characters and costumes could make it into the Marvel line as well as trying to figure out who all the Tekken characters in the upcoming Street Fighter X Tekken line all are. I've already posted in a few other threads but am still getting a grip on how to use the different forum tools, so bear with me if I have some huge images in a post.

First and foremost, welcome into the light. The advantage of lurking for a while is you already know how the crazies are... or do you?

second...

Hey everyone! After being a member for a few years, I've decided I should probably be a more active poster as a direct result of Zach initially thinking I was a girl at the C2E2 minimates panel this year.

What the hell are you folks doing over there in the lurker's corner? Crossdressing? Are we that desperate for more balanced demographics the lurkers are forced into female impresonating?

Ow... dude, Sam, those were my ribs you're elbowing there. I... OW! okay, okay I'm shutting up. Geez!

Thanks for the welcome everyone; it's nice to actually participate in one of the most active and passionate messageboards on the 'net.

I don't know about the other lurkers but I'm over here trying to find fewer light colors for my shirts and pondering a haircut. Pretty sure the dangerous combination of a pale blue BttF shirt and my luxurious locks are what caused the "miss" but Zach caught on when he saw me looking behind me for the "girl in blue". Ironically, I was the one asking about female SHIELD agents that Zach wondered if the current male SHIELD 'mate had enough definition to pass as one.

Welcome aboard! Hope we hear more from you soon :)

I'm pretty excited about the Streetfighter side of SVT minimates. If you're more excited about Tekken, let me know and i'll we'll go halvsies!

With the imminent reveal of the Kang minimate, I picked an excellent time to come back; again everyone, thanks for the well wishes! Though Nessex, I'll probably keep the SF mates if I get any of the SFxTekken stuff. Sorry if that sounded weird, it was mostly meant to indicate I'm not familiar with most of the Namco characters that are appearing as I only know those in Soul Calibur. Admittedly, I haven't done a ton of research either since most fighting game characters have backstories worthy of an epic classic chinese novel but, if nothing else, I'll appreciate them for parts.

Hey everyone! After being a member for a few years, I've decided I should probably be a more active poster as a direct result of Zach initially thinking I was a girl at the C2E2 minimates panel this year.

Sorry about that. You were a half-mile away. Don't be so shy next time! Multiversers belong in the front row.