UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tomb Raider Legacy

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scvangers are upper right and middle upper left. Two Face and dude with shield, who I'm assuming the extra parts com off to reveal another scvanger underneath. Awesome. Which means that the last two are Roth/Oni General and Mathias/Himiko, or visa versa. Might want to pack Himiko and Roth together though, as I, unfortunately, see Himiko as the peg warmer. She's like Mariko. Who, honestly, is a great mate and doesn't get enough love. I'm looking forward to displaying the upcoming yukata Wolverine with her.

Mariko is a peg warmer? Wasn't she a con exclusive?

Mariko is a great mate ? DST must have done one that I haven't seen because you can't mean the one that comes with Gaijin Wolverine ?

I swear I've never read the review that MMCentral did until 5 minutes ago & it is spot-on . http://minimatescentral.com/2011/09/2004-summer-conventions-exclusive-gaijin-wolverine-and-mariko/

Dino,we're getting a Wolverine in a kimono ?

Scvangers are upper right and middle upper left. Two Face and dude with shield, who I'm assuming the extra parts com off to reveal another scvanger underneath. Awesome. Which means that the last two are Roth/Oni General and Mathias/Himiko, or visa versa. Might want to pack Himiko and Roth together though, as I, unfortunately, see Himiko as the peg warmer. She's like Mariko. Who, honestly, is a great mate and doesn't get enough love. I'm looking forward to displaying the upcoming yukata Wolverine with her.

Mariko is a peg warmer? Wasn't she a con exclusive?

A peg warmer in that you con pick up the con set for $3 on ebay. Shipped.

And Rob, we're getting Wolvy in a Yukata in the TTA set.

• 2 weeks later...

That's from Episode 1, right? How would "Star Wars fans" be interested...? tongue.png

offtopic.gif

Side story: I remember when Phantom Menace came out. I was in high school and it happened to be Senior Ditch Day. So I asked around who wanted to go see it with me and NO ONE did. So I ended up going to see it by myself. I thought it was great at the time but upon a second viewing (and every viewing after that) realized it was garbage. Why couldn't they have digitally removed ANY scene with Jake Lloyd and Jar-Jar? yucky.gif

Side story 2: I was one of the lucky individuals during that summer to find the gold Yoda can. I called a 1-800 number and then received a $50 check from Pepsi and a replacement sealed empty gold Yoda Mt. Dew can. I also had the entire Star Wars Pepsi can collection. Did I collect Star Wars figures or any other merch up to that point? No. I, like many others just got caught up in the hype....and it was senior year of high school, my last true 'free' year before entering the real world. I had time on my hands. wink.png

Edited by Jeff

not a gamer by any stretch but these look great. they can easily be slipped into TWD world or even as random ppls in the vast Marvel universe!

Other than upcoming Disney mates I'm pretty much hyped for eeevverrything!!!

Zach, idk how much you know but do you know if we will be seeing both classes of enemy that appear during the end? or just the red/green/gold one shown?

Oni's and Normal Samurai Storm Guard?

Edited by undeadpool

Gotta love Kurt Russell in 'Overboard'! A rare 80's gem I only discovered a few years ago!

This game looks amazing, 'the art of' book is mindblowing, the score is all spooky feudal Japan, and the Minimates are EPIC!

I will be army building the Oni Samurai out the WAZZOO!!!

I haven't played the game, and might not for awhile after the 'Mates have come & gone, so can someone who has say who we should be troop building, and how many?

If that doesn't make complete sense, then, like, are there 3 Storm Guards but an army of Oni Stalkers? Or vice versa? Or 1 Storm Guard & 5 Oni Stalkers? Are either of those even troop builders? Am I making any sense here?

I just don't want to end up with too many of one or not enough of another, lol...

The three guys in the top row of the pic are all army builders. I think. The samurai may just be the general. But I am assuming all three will come with interchangeable parts to diversify them. At the very least the dude scruffy dudes in the top row. smile.png Can't tell you for sure on the TRU wave, but I'm betting it will be a similar answer.

Storm guards you may want a few of, they dont show up till around the last stretch but they are plentiful and badass, the Oni's there are only a few of as they are the heavy support and you actually only come face to face with two of them (and I think the last one may have been a bigger one). The guy with the scarred face is someone you encounter but his gear is pretty much the norm for the other Soldiers in the game. The guys with the big shields pop up a bit as they aren't quite the big guns.

Stormguard and Oni are ths same thing, I believe. The samurai types.

Non-samurai Scavengers are also called the Solarii Brotherhood.

The General and the Molotov/Scout Scavenger are technically single characters, but the Armored Scavenger is generic.

At TRU, you get two generic scavengers (basic and archer) and two Stormguard, basic and Stalker, although the Stalker is apparently a single character as well.

I shall summon an army of Oni Stormguard, the likes of which have never been seen.

Challenge accepted.

Eeeeeexcellent! If you're a samurai freak like me, I can recommend some epic samurai movie music to inspire

Oni minimate hoarding!

• 3 months later...

New Tomb Raider Minimate pictures, these were all revealed for the first time at SDCC 2013:

TRU Series 1 Exclusives:

SDCC-2013-DST-Tomb-Raider-Minimates-003.

SDCC-2013-DST-Tomb-Raider-Minimates-002.

SDCC-2013-DST-Tomb-Raider-Minimates-005.

SDCC-2013-DST-Tomb-Raider-Minimates-007.

Series 2?

On the bottom shelf, there are 8 Minimates that haven't been solicited anywhere, so I assume these are part of a planned Wave 2 either at TRU or LCS.

-Two new Lara Croft designs

- Machete Scavenger

- Archer Scavenger

- Skeleton Himiko

- Solarii Oni

SDCC-2013-DST-Skybound-Minimates-001.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg