UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tomb Raider Legacy

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a credit from Luke, so I figured I might as well use it on these guys. Really nice figures. To me, this is exactly what I want out of a video game license. I don't know anything about the characters, but the designs and unique parts are so cool that I want them anyway (looking at you, SFvT). I'll happily buy the TRU ones, and wave 2, if those see a release.

Custom fodder-wise, I find myself very torn about whether to turn the Sun Goddess into Queen Amidala or not. I've been making Star Wars customs, but none from the prequel so she'd be all alone. But even if I was... Amidala? She's slightly above Jar-Jar on the list of characters I'd want to make, and she's only even getting any consideration since her designs were so beautiful. It would basically be a simple head decal away from being finished. But... Amidala.

Custom fodder-wise, I find myself very torn about whether to turn the Sun Goddess into Queen Amidala or not. I've been making Star Wars customs, but none from the prequel so she'd be all alone. But even if I was... Amidala? She's slightly above Jar-Jar on the list of characters I'd want to make, and she's only even getting any consideration since her designs were so beautiful. It would basically be a simple head decal away from being finished. But... Amidala.

I broke down and went with a custom case from Luke so I, too, would have parts for customs. I plan on Silver Samurai I out of the general. The scare face character might be compatible with Walking Dead as a zombie.

And as far as Padmé, we already have a Natalie Portman face.

For Amidala, though, you'd need a white face, because she always had heavy makeup in those getups. But I think the feeling has passed.

I plan to make a Silver Samurai too, but I think some of the parts from the other upcoming Samurai will work even better.

I'm planning on using the following parts for a silver samurai custom:

- Storm guard helmet, shoulder armor and waist armor

- Storm guard general hands and feet

- Samurai blade from marvel universe fig

Add a decal for the face and torso and there ya go. It won't be comic accurate but it should do the job nicely

Edited by fwoosheyman

I got these today from Luke, and hands down these are contenders for Best Wave of 2013! The paint apps are great, the new molds are amazing, and overall these are just perfect Minimates. If you are on the fence, buy them. I really hope we get those potential boxsets shown at SDCC.

Bravo, DST!

I don't do Star Wars customs from newer trilogy, but I'd make a Sabe before Padme. But a tip for those who do, AOA Sinister's hair repainted and cut could be decent for young Obi or Ani. I've been wanting to use it to make a Dave Luster since forever but don't have the right face yet.

These are some of the most unique minis to come out for a while, I'm excited for all of them. I still like my custom Lara Croft just a tad more because it's more like her original costume. I;m certainly not complaining though, great looking mates.

Luke, are you definitely getting them? The system still isn't showing them as shipped. I'll try to get some pics up tonight. I grabbed my packaged samples. Never got pics that I know of.

Can't wait! im curious though, what do you do with your samples after taking photos? do you get to take them home and keep them, or do you return them to the office?

I just opened some of these and I'm blown away by the attention to detail and quality of these!

I think the battle damaged Lara Croft is one of my all time favourite minimates!

post-7-0-47344400-1377982342_thumb.jpg post-7-0-20482300-1377982392_thumb.jpg

The only downside is the handle broke off the shield for the armored guy as I tried to put it in his hand... anyone else have this issue?

I wasn't even trying to force it, It'll be fine but I'm going to need to superglue it back on.

T.

• 2 weeks later...

BLARGH!!

my BBTS order was messed up, whoever wraps the figures into sets of 4 gave me TWO Storm Queens instead of a Storm Guard.

I guess it’s okay though, Luke is selling loose Storm Guards and I didn’t want Roth anyway, plus I have two Storm Queens.

I just wanted to bitch about my weird ‘set of 4’ #firstworldproblems

Didn't want Roth?! Heresy! Heresy, i say! Roth is the coolest character!

Didn’t play Tomb Raider, not ever gonna play Tomb Raider.

So Roth is “some old guy” to me and that’s all he ever will be. Was willing to get him for the Samurai, but ended up not getting either, so now I’ll just take two samurai.

BLARGH!!

my BBTS order was messed up, whoever wraps the figures into sets of 4 gave me TWO Storm Queens instead of a Storm Guard.

I guess it’s okay though, Luke is selling loose Storm Guards and I didn’t want Roth anyway, plus I have two Storm Queens.

I just wanted to bitch about my weird ‘set of 4’ #firstworldproblems

Oh, great, now I'm worried about my BBTS order... confused.gif