UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tomb Raider Legacy

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DST really went overboard with the sculpted pieces on this line.Not that it's a bad thing.I love everything i've seen so far.I really hope this line does well and we'll see more video game licences down the road.Mass Effect,Elder Scrolls,Gears of War.....

Just finished the game. So, spoilers ahead regarding the Minimates.

I assume the 2 REDACTED wink.png characters in that picture are the giant Oni and Himiko the Sun Queen? Also, The 2 TRU exclusives are army builders, 1 set we know for sure is Scavengers (Solarii), so I would assume the other set will be Oni samurai?

I would like to see more of Lara's crew in Minimate form, especially Sam, Jonah, Grim and Reyes. Lara has quite the arsenal at the end of the game, I hope we get extra weapons for her!

BTW Zach, I think there is a typo in the info on the website, the priest's name should be Mathias, not Malik.

Not a typo, that was the original name for the character. Licensor didn't tell us, and didn't catch it in the press release. Will fix on packaging.

DST really went overboard with the sculpted pieces on this line.Not that it's a bad thing.I love everything i've seen so far.I really hope this line does well and we'll see more video game licences down the road.Mass Effect,Elder Scrolls,Gears of War.....

FYI, "overboard" is automatically a bad thing. It implies we have fallen off the boat. I think you meant "above and beyond." laugh.png

I have to learn the distinction of said phrases.Thanks for the correction!I hope more series are planned and it's not a one and done deal.The thing with video game properties is that they allow for more "realistic" figures.

I think we're looking at making more, we'll see. And we have some movie lines in the pipeline that will deliver a similar level of detail.

Hmmm...not sure I was. That isn't the GIANT Oni like I thought it was, so maybe that will be in the TRU assortment? And that is Himiko, but she was seen so briefly in the game that I remember her looking slightly different

(demon face)

Oh, and we better be getting a Silver Samurai out of this sculpting!!!

Looks like that's the general. And didn't Himiko have a mask that cracked to reveal... that underneath? When was she ever human looking?

Good point, it all happened so fast, it was a mask. Maybe that is supposed to be Sam? But her ritual dress looked completely different. Edited by youbastards

I thought it was a mask when i was playing it, too. Or mask-like. It peels off really quick. Oh, and the sleeves aren't new. Classic BSG villains set!!

Love Himiko and the general (i too expected the Oni). Really great wave; i'm hoping we get some more supporting cast like Alex and Whitman, i'd rather have them than "two face" up there. Oh, and Mathias needs his sawblade staff; that thing is sweet.

FYI, "overboard" is automatically a bad thing. It implies we have fallen off the boat. I think you meant "above and beyond." laugh.png

WooHoo! Confirmation of a Space: Above and Beyond line! Yes!! j/k

Seriously, these mates are incredible! Personally, I like these far better than any of the Tekken or Street Fighter mates!

And Zach, when you mention more movie lines with this level of detail, you're referring to licenses that have yet to be revealed, right?

FYI, "overboard" is automatically a bad thing.

The hell it is!

lvyL4WX.jpg

Please apologize to this masterpiece of a film.

I apologize. I must have worn my VHS tape of that into the ground when I was younger.

WooHoo! Confirmation of a Space: Above and Beyond line! Yes!! j/k

Seriously, these mates are incredible! Personally, I like these far better than any of the Tekken or Street Fighter mates!

And Zach, when you mention more movie lines with this level of detail, you're referring to licenses that have yet to be revealed, right?

Yes. Aliens is one of them, though. Thor is looking pretty nice, as well.

Zach, I actually just bought that and When Harry Met Sally on bluray a few weeks back. My wife's contribution was V for Vendetta, somehow that feels a little backwards doesn't it? Been out of the loop, are these at LCBS or TRU or both?

I'm not really into video games. I've never played Tomb Raider and don't intend to. I've seen both movies and that's about the extent of my interest.

With the exception of these Minimates.

These things just look like a lot of fun. I planned on picking up Lara but after seeing the level of detail on the rest of the figures, I want them all.

(Damn. It's Halo all over again!)

Scvangers are upper right and middle upper left. Two Face and dude with shield, who I'm assuming the extra parts com off to reveal another scvanger underneath. Awesome. Which means that the last two are Roth/Oni General and Mathias/Himiko, or visa versa. Might want to pack Himiko and Roth together though, as I, unfortunately, see Himiko as the peg warmer. She's like Mariko. Who, honestly, is a great mate and doesn't get enough love. I'm looking forward to displaying the upcoming yukata Wolverine with her.