The Through the Ages Suggestion Thread

hellpop

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Very timely and new. Roman-esk even.

Okay, here's a suggestion for the next quasi offically MMMV demanded set. Wasp through the Ages. Thanks to Boyd for the line up.

Modern Wasp

2206473-137wasp.jpg

Again, include extra parts to make more costume variants. In this case just arms and gloves.

2173299-ds.png

2239399-wasp_randy_kintz.jpg

A We-Don't-Have-The-Rights-To-Earth's-Mightiest-Heroes-Wink-Wink Wasp

2239401-wasp_eric_matos.jpg

2123105-wendigo_hit_by_wasp_avengers_earth_s_mightiest_heroes_3.jpg

Ultimate Wasp

1207375-wasp_ultimate_nouveau.jpg

variant pants/top (Mardi Gras Special not included)

1500365-ultimates_05__zone_megan__pg13.jpg

2164357-wasp_m_doug.jpg

2164359-wasp_alisson_rodrigues.jpg

We did get stumpped on the last one, but I believe YB suggested her horrible good white costume.

1207383-wasp_mikemayhew.jpg

Alternate slip over piece and new jacket?

1201875-wasp_hp_blue.jpg

Thoughts?

Pic source http://www.comicvine.com/wasp/29-1502/all-images/108-199231/tta057017_col/105-1083464/

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

God, i forgot what horrible fashion sense Janet has. :tongue: Still don't understand the skirt on EMH.

Love the first one and Ultimate though (well, not Adam Hughes', if that is his work. She's way too butch there.) Those two i'd be VERY happy to get; they're "my" Wasps.

But, Jean Grey is still the priority... :turned:

You've got me thinking, MisterMiracle . . .

The Malice that possessed Sue Storm: is she the same Malice from the Marauders?

Nope. Sue wasn't possessed by anyone/thing; rather her emotions were manipulated by the Psycho-Man, resulting in a temporary personality being created. No connection to the Marauder.

I'm looking at this from a realist's perspective... in that I think it has to be a somewhat A-List hero or villain... granted Wasp has had tons of looks, but she'd never be able to support her own boxed set... so I'm trying to think of a big character, with 4 looks that haven't been done.

It pains me to say it, but Spider-Man is the one coming to mind. lol...

Iron Man, Wolverine & Cap have already had through the ages sets. Hulk's is coming. The other two big six are Spidey and Thor, and I think Spidey just has more looks to choose from... Most of Thor's good ones have been made already and don't need rehashing. The only one I can really think of left to do is King of Asgard.

Spidey still has lots of potential looks to pluck from though...

Amazing Bag Man (amazed this hasn't been made yet)

New Scarlet Spider

Kaine

Ricochet, Dusk, Prodigy & Hornet (Though I admit, the problem there is all 4 would feel like overkill, but you kindof need them all. TRU wave maybe?)

Marvel Mangaverse

Miles Morales Ultimate (I know this one is coming, but still counts for the purposes of this list. :P)

And plenty of updates to choose from...

Iron Spidey Update (I'm amazed it could use one already, but it could. Painted on mask. Arms on back.)

2099 update

Ben Reilly Spider-Man update

Spider-Carnage update

Scarlet Spider update (I think the old one holds up, but I've heard others disagree)

An Armored Spidey that's not just paint aps, and actually armored

And I'm only a casual Spidey-fan, so I'm sure hardcore ones could come up with even more than I could.

Beyond Spidey and Thor there aren't many big heroes left that haven't been through the ages-ified. Maybe Thing, Torch or Cyclops... but guys from teams feel weird. And most villains I don't think are mainstream enough to support it. Think the next best candidate on their front is Dr. Doom.

Honestly, I know it sounds weird, but Storm probably could. Storm has a very high mainstream popularity amongst girls... she gets alot of merchandising and her fair share of solo titles. I think if any female could sustain her own set it would be Storm. And she does have plenty of costumes.

Edited by Gillbob316

Nope. Sue wasn't possessed by anyone/thing; rather her emotions were manipulated by the Psycho-Man, resulting in a temporary personality being created. No connection to the Marauder.

Well - that about kills my boxset idea. It was already pretty thin with having to use a 'What If' character. LOL. I do still want a Malice possessed Polaris though. :biggrin:

Edited by Nessex

We haven't gotten a Spider-man thru the ages set yet. Just sayin'. EDIT: err this is what Gil said already. Might I posit some additional Marvel A listers for consideration:

Daredevil

Punisher

Fantastic Four (She-Hulk, HERBiE, Spikey Thing, Slutty Sue)

Ghost Rider

Edited by Jatta Pake

Not that I'm pushing hard for it, but I think TTA sets are perfect for Wasp, due to how many versions you can make (look at Iron man) Also, we're really low on Wasps right now.

Would that really count as a TTA set or "Wasp: Through Last Thursday" kinda thing? I mean I've got back issues where she wore two or more costumes in a single issue. Until they settled on that black and yellow body suit, Wasp's costantly changing wardrobe was practically one of her powers. (actually I think it was listed in one of her "Powers and Abilities" write-ups in one of the Handbooks) And good lord how would you pick which four?

Still buy it though.

Luke did up a sweet Dr. Doom TTA set of customs. I can't see that happening (along with Wasp) unless they're in the next slate of upcoming Marvel movies.

What about a Hawkeye TTA? They've done Cap, the Hulk set is on the way, and there are enough IM's and Thor variations.

Edited by Fujis

i wouldnt mind a Nick Fury through the ages set ;)

he's had a big film presence so it wouldnt be unwarranted and it would give us some great updates, my line up would be:

Howling Commando's Fury

Classic SHIELD Fury

Life Model Decoy Fury (bits and peices torn off to show robotic underbody)

and Secret Warriors Fury (darker SHIELD suit, trench coat, grey hair and big %$#@ing gun)

also i wouldnt mind seeing a Magneto set and a Doctor Strange set:

Magneto:

Eric Lensher (young child in german clothes)

Classic Magneto

Xorn

House of M

Doctor Strange:

Classic Doctor Strange

cant recall the name of the look but the one with the blue mask :P

The Mighty (coat, caduceus)

Modern Deffenders

and while im at it....MoonKnight and Luke Cage:

MoonKnight:

Marc Spector

Classic Moonknight with black underbody

Khonshu armor

Secret Avengers Moonknight

Luke Cage:

Powerman

New Avengers (beanie, glasses, etc)

New Avengers (modern look)

Thunderbolts

In the 'it'd never happen, but would be sweet' department-

How about a Minimates Thru the Ages set?

-1st minimates, Stark Trek giant size

-Random figure from first wave (ultimate x-men)

-MAX Sentinel or Galactus

-Minimate with Vehicle

Eh? EH? <_<

:biggrin:

Well - that about kills my boxset idea. It was already pretty thin with having to use a 'What If' character. LOL. I do still want a Malice possessed Polaris though. :biggrin:

Ah, but in Malice's first appearance... she was possessing Dazzler.

fe201a7b-8917-42e7-b85c-9275692fd601.jpg

:thumbsup:

Fujis said:

What about a Hawkeye TTA? They've done Cap, the Hulk set is on the way, and there are enough IM's and Thor variations.

I'd would be all over this: Hawkeye's had enough costume changes to get us a solid set with some nice visual variety

Neo-Modern Hawkeye

HawkeyeNew.jpg

Modern Hawkeye

423px-Secret_Avengers_Vol_1_22.jpg

West Coast Avengers Hawkeye

10635_WCA.jpg

I'd really dig a pass at "regular" Hawkeye, though I don't know if I'd want it in the boxset

2745_4_1.jpg

That's not even using Ultimate Hawkeye, who has had two looks so far; admittedly one of them is very close to the modern/neo-modern look

This is a variation on his first look which lacked any sort of color flourishes on the actual suit

UltimateHawkeye.png

This is the outfit he wore in Ultimate Comics Avengers

carlos_pacheco_ultimateavengers2.jpg

Typically when people alter something about Hawkeye's costume, the first thing they go for is his arms. Gauntlets vs. gloves, bare arms vs. sleeves etc...

Mark Bagley had a version of the typical costume that I really liked, shown here in Thunderbolts during the reveal that he was disguised as Dreadknight

tb2hawkeye.jpg

There's also his 90's look which isn't my favorite but isn't the worst of the redesigns from the era either

1867_4_0323.jpg

But there's a number of minor looks he's had too like this chainmail crazy version here that ditches the "loincloth"

5014_4_004.jpg

There's also the really ugly armored look from where Hawkeye got shot

Hawkeye_H_Armor_1.jpg

If they wanted to get really crazy though, they could work in "Hawkeye in disguise as Dreadknight" or Clint Barton Goliath into the set

BDCLGOLIATHWEBEXCST.jpg

I'm sure I'm missing at least one major costume but if I was to pick four, I'd be selfish and say WCA Hawkeye (with extra set of bare arms to make either Thunderbolts Hawkeye or Heroic Age Hawkeye), "Modern" Hawkeye (which could come with an alternate headblock with the purple glasses people can't seem to decide if they'll give him or not) for sure. Since I think the odds of us getting them elsewhere would be slim, I say Clint Barton as Goliath and either 90's "Shaft" Hawkeye or ugly armored Hawkeye.

I'd like to save the Ultimates designs for a two-pack since they're both pretty recognizable; I've never read any stories with them and I know what they both look like decently well. Neo-Modern Hawkeye is a simple enough design he could probably be a quick custom (most likely out of Movie Hawkeye) as long as we got a torso block.

Guess what? Hawkeye's actually the guy that kicked off this whole wacky thread:

Hellpop's Hawkeye Through the Ages

As you'll see, there are a couple you're missing, including his first appearance look and the truly awful post-Goliath "purple headband and blue skirt" look. Nice work, though. I actually think that such a set might be possible as a con exclusive this year, since Hawk's profile will probably never be higher.

I'd enjoy a Goliath Hawkeye that had a removable steel-band chestpiece. Why? Cause then you could add a quick serape and have:

16.jpg

... where the only thing better than Hawkeye and Songbird in the story was (yep) Kang.

I'd also be thrilled with a regular, classic version of him. They could even add in some extra arms/legs to do different "versions" of that look.

Nice Hellpop! You even used the Barry Windsor Smith mini-skirt look that I couldn't even really remember the source of. I hadn't even considered the Avengers Forever look either and it even plays into how a few extra pieces can make an entirely different 'mate. I think the FA look would be neat to have as well but I would definitely want Black Widow in her original outfit to go with it.

As ugly as that Nicieza Hawkeye on the bike cover is, I dug that series. Especially when he went shopping at a Wal-Mart in the sporting goods section for gear. I will note that the cover artist changed for almost every issue, so each cover basically has a different variation on a Hawkeye costume excusing the two that Scott Kolins did.

Bringing up Kang and Songbird makes me wonder if they shouldn't do an Avengers Forever boxset; pretty much every look for an Avenger ever appears at the end of the story and it'd be a great chance to get both Kang and Immortus.

Has anyone suggested a set for the Thing? At this point it could be made up entirely of looks we've gotten in the past that don't really fit with the modern style of doing larger characters (FF unitard with mask and alternate spiky parts for example).

Also I'm going to throw a set I know is completely unlikely but I'd still love to have: Zemo through the Ages!

To start with, you could have Heinrich Zemo

baronzemo2.jpg

New Thunderbolts Zemo

1308485-88965_107217_baron_helmut_zemo_super_super.jpg

and Modern Zemo with the longer loincloth from Brubaker's Captain America, that I can't find a picture of for some reason.

Then alternately Helmut in his FA as the Phoenix

Phoenix_%28Helmut_Zemo%29_001.jpg

or Harbin Zemo from Avengers/Thunderbolts

Harbin_Zemo_(Earth-616).jpg

There's also this badboy, but I don't think it actually ever appeared anywhere except on a cover

373465-19408-baron-helmut-zemo_super.jpg

I'd say Citizen V as well but I'd want them to save that for a Thunderbolts boxset(s) that I so desperately wish for. I'm also leaving out Helmut's normal outfit as I'd say that's the look of any Zemo most likely to appear as a 'mate anywhere despite only having a Secret Wars figure as prior merchandise.

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

Hawkeye TTA would be stellar, but i'd save the Ultimates look for a different boxed set, because we're still missing SEVERAL other Ultimates (Widow, Giant Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver <_< )

I think one Modern look would be enough though; "Neo Modern" isn't exactly a redesign so much as it is Aja purposely simplifying everything in the book for a clean look. New Secret Avengers Hawkeye would be ideal.

Goliath would be daring, i would entirely welcome DST slapping him into the set.

EDIT: I REALLY like that last Zemo picture. WOW.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face