UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inevitable... after last night's little announcement, Falcon could be imminent (I mean there are 5 more slots to fill with Avengers related goodness).

And I do believe Gideon and Toad were the main adversaries in a string of early 90's annuals spanning the New Warriors and the secondary X-books, the "Kings of Pain" I believe, even though they actually didn't do anything but play chess for several issues. So there's a 2 pack for ya right there.

i can't wait for this set to come out! i've been making displays for my mates the last couple of days, and this is the X-Men one i've been working on! i've got spots set aside for Dazzler, Longshot and Banshee (i know he hasn't been announced, but as one of my favorite characters i'm planning ahead!) and can maybe get 1 or 2 others in there if we get more new characters!

if anyone's wondering what i used for the display base, i work at a salon and brought home a bunch of old opi fingernail polish promotional sets. they work great! just use construction paper to cover the holes and then spray paint!

DSC02172.jpg

Edited by CortherX

thanks guys! i was at work one day and was starring at the nail polish displays when it hit me that omg they'd be perfect for my minimates! there's another one that i'm waiting to bring home that's a windmill, which i'm gonna use it for the AoA characters... and another that's like a suitcase, but i haven't decided what to do with that, yet.

i started doing Shadowcat that way after the leg broke off my Astonishing version. i thought it was pretty clever and kinda represents her power, but people ask me all the time what's up with the broken girl lol...

here's my New Mutants display. it's kinda boring, and a little cluttered. i may redo it. Magma's gonna go behind Karma (you can kinda see a lil flame base i put there for her), and Dani will go front and center! can't wait for them to come out!

DSC02180.jpg

and in honor of the movie this Friday... here are some of my Avengers!

DSC02177.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for a picture of Avengers minimates just like that one! I don't collect Avenger minimates but I kinda wanted to since I saw the movie, but I want to collect the comic book versions. Those new Avenger box sets are a perfect way to get started!

these displays are so easy to put together at the salon i work at. they come flat in an envelope and we just pop em out and insert A in to B. Diamond should think about making something similar, cuz until i figured out i could use the polish displays i was always looking for a way to put my mates up.

It's kind of hard not to love that banner. Old school Rogue just has a great design.

I recently treated myself to the Claremont/Lee Omnibus Vol. 1. I've been enjoying rereading those issues, and it's really getting me excited for this wave.

It's kind of hard not to love that banner. Old school Rogue just has a great design.

I recently treated myself to the Claremont/Lee Omnibus Vol. 1. I've been enjoying rereading those issues, and it's really getting me excited for this wave.

Have you gotten a hold of the 2nd volume? It's easily just a keen a read as the 1st volume is. :)

Not yet, but soon. I haven't read most of these stories since they came out, so it's a lot of fun.* The only problem is that, and this sounds weird, but Vol. 1 is kind of squeaky. Like a squeaky hinge.

*Here's a sad story: Between ten and 8 years ago, I was moving and lost most of my comics. I apparently either left them in some attic, closet, on the stoop or something. I don't know. It wasn't until after we had unpacked and settled in that I realized most of the comics did not make the trip. No idea where they went. I'm hoping that some lucky kid out there found a ton of Superman, Justice League, and X-Men comics. The alternative... they ended up in the trash. Either way, I don't have them. :rolleyes:

I understand what you mean about it having a squeaky hinge. Several of the largest Marvel Omniboo that I own had that feature when I first read them. I picked up 2 copies of Simonson's "Thor", actually, and only after I'd read through a copy did it not have *as much* of a squeaky noise.

As for your sad story, that's awful! I hope somebody who can appreciate them got them... but either way, I'm super sorry for you. :(

Such a huge X-Men fan, it's amazing that we get the whole outback team!

Now if only I could get a minimate Bonebreaker to harass them.....

Man, I would love a Reavers set. Never happen, but Bonebreaker, Skullbuster, Prettyboy and Donald Pierce? I may actually be inspired enough to attempt customs.

i'm also excited for this set, but maybe instead of another Havok that is very similar to the first, we coulda got Gateway with Storm... with the Outback set now complete, i fear we'll never see him. i'm hoping, however, that the new Havok will at least be a big larger compared to the old one. standing next to Polaris, he looks tiny!

Such a huge X-Men fan, it's amazing that we get the whole outback team!

Now if only I could get a minimate Bonebreaker to harass them.....

Man, I would love a Reavers set. Never happen, but Bonebreaker, Skullbuster, Prettyboy and Donald Pierce? I may actually be inspired enough to attempt customs.

I've never been a customizer, but that does sound like a great idea. Mohawk Storm's hair, a head with sunglasses....but where to find a toy tank to rip apart that will be in scale?

Reavers would be awesome! Shame we couldn't get one or two in with the Outback X-Men. Still - i'm looking forward to seeing some customs soon. Skullbuster should be do-able using the Crossbones TRU figure we saw recently.