UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

Oh HELL Yes!!!!!!!!!!

This is the wave I have been waiting for. I was going to come on here and have a little bitch that Dazzler and Colossus were in the wrong outfits but I read the thread and BAM! both problems fixed. I haven't been this happy since they made a fricken Meggan minimate. Actually this is fighting to be better. Ok in the interest of a balanced view point I don't know why Rogue has been done in metalics and if I ruled the world I wouldn't have gone that way but I don't really care.

Who else do we need to make 90's X-Force?

For my money if we got the rest of x-force as well as 90's x-factor and Generation x and a giant sized Banshee, Sunfire 2 pack classic x-men has been pretty well covered.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else do we need to make 90's X-Force?

For my money if we got the rest of x-force as well as 90's x-factor and Generation x and a giant sized Banshee, Sunfire 2 pack classic x-men has been pretty well covered.

Please don't forget 90's X-Factor! They were always my favorite. :sweat:

And it's funny that you mention GX, because I just got done gushing in another thread about how much I'd love them. :lol:

We need Siryn, Sunspot & a more 90's Warpath (though, I'm fine with the one we got, and the costume isn't any different than GSX Thunderbird's).

I prefer AoA Sunfire, but (we already got him, and) a GSX 2-pack with classic Shiro & Banshee just makes sense.

I'm curious, and I'm sure it's a protected company secret:

Luke do the preorders for god-cases, reg cases and full sets impact your order, or do you only list the amount you've solicited from dst?

Somehow I missed this post before! We have to order the custom cases within 5 days of them first being listed in Previews - we don't get the whole month to order them like with other Previews products. Since it is such a short time window, preorders don't affect how many custom cases we order. However, they do affect if we need to order some additional regular cases from DST later on down the road to supplement our custom cases.

I could easily see 90s X-Factor being made. Frankly they seem like the next most logical choice on the X-List. As others have said... We got X-Force, we got New Mutants, we got Excalibur...

Frankly, like they did with X-Force, I could easily see them peppering together two eras of X-Factor and doing both 90s and Modern figures. A Strong Guy here, a Layla Miller there, a Forge here, a Siryn there... and so on. And we already have Modern Multiple Man, so 90s would clearly be the army builder.

As an X fan, I'm constantly trying to think about who makes the most sense for the next big X thing... and as far as teams go, X-Factor has lots of flashing lights and sirens all around it. Sunfire and Banshee make the most sense as the next new one-off two pack... now that Dazzler and Longshot are out of the way. (Disregarding re-hashes and Wolverines I mean.)

All that said though, my #1 Army Builder want is still Stepford Cuckoos. As I've said in past threads, just because there's a finite number of them... it makes me want them MORE than most army builders. Instead of getting a ho-hum faceless army, it makes me feel like I'm getting 5 whole new characters for the price of 1.

I've never made a concentrated effort to get extra army builders with any wave. I usually just get the two and I'm done. With a Stepford Cuckoo wave, I would make SURE I got 5. Luke would get an order of 1 whole wave, plus 3 extras from me... lol...

I think they may have not done them yet because the DON'T see Stepford Cuckoos as potential big sellers?

There are a finite number of them - so anyone who WAS interested would potentially max out at 5 (possibly only 3). Don't get me wrong - i want them. I'd love to have Celeste, Phoebe etc . . . but i think due to them being less well known supporting characters from the x-world, and being females, and not being so 'army-able', that to a toy company, they might seem like less of a priority. I do hope i'm wrong though, and that we do one day see them.

Edited by Nessex

I think they may have not done them yet because the DON'T see Stepford Cuckoos as potential big sellers?

There are a finite number of them - so anyone who WAS interested would potentially max out at 5 (possibly only 3). Don't get me wrong - i want them. I'd love to have Celeste, Phoebe etc . . . but i think due to them being less well known supporting characters from the x-world, and being females, and not being so 'army-able', that to a toy company, they might seem like less of a priority. I do hope i'm wrong though, and that we do one day see them.

Technically, no. They're the only surviving 5. Phoenix: Warsong revealed that they were infinitely cloned from Emma, the rest were destroyed. So it would still be plausible to release them like this.

The outfits would be the issue, i suppose.

I think it'd be ok to have the Cuckoos. I would definitely buy 3 (I'm like Gillbob-aside from SHIELD agents, I've just got two of each army builder), but there are other X-related army builders I'd rather see: Purifiers, the Right's smiley troops, 90's Multiple Man, other sentinel designs. Just off the top of my head.

Oooo... Right smiley troopers!!! The Shi'ar are obviously X-related too, so generic Shi'ar soldiers work in an X-wave. The original band of Reavers had a ton of generic cyborgs, and the Hellfire Club has their purple Mandroid knockoff suits. (I think they called them the Hellfire Knights IIRC) Just trying to point out the non-Sentinel X-related army builders.

As to the Cuckoos... yeah I think army builders are the only way they are going to get released. I mean, unless they start dyingtheir haif different colors and each wearing a distinct outfit, I just don't see them giving slots to three identical characters.

And all the Squirrel Girl silliness aside, even as a Avengers guy, Toad certainly has as strong a case for being our next big push campaign as Falcon.

I take offense to the phrase 'Squirrel Girl silliness'. In all honesty, my efforts are genuine and she really is one of the coolest Marvel characters to be used. Just because part of her appeal is the silliness of her doesn't make her (or efforts to see her made as a Minimate) silly. Although, I suppose I would accept that her character is silly if we can all agree that regardless of how long he's been around, Toad is just pathetic.

Of course he's pathetic, he's Toad. He's suppossed to be pathetic. He had to beg to get a janitor job, and that's a step up. He's the resident toadying henchman, and not Lee's most original idea.

That said, I'm not trying to offend per say, grannyhog. I just don't share your enthusiasm for Squirrel Girl. She's a joke... literally designed to be ridiculous. That gives her a certain so-silly-it's-cool appeal, but for me I'd rather push for the longer hopping loser with Toad or for Falcon (who's definitly niether pathetic nor a loser). Not even requesting everyone should agree, not everyone was really onboard the Kangpaign.

Edited by Mirymate

Technically, no. They're the only surviving 5. Phoenix: Warsong revealed that they were infinitely cloned from Emma, the rest were destroyed. So it would still be plausible to release them like this.

yeah - but i think it's even less likely that DST will create minimates of naked teenaged girls with giant test-tube accessories that appeared for like 2 issues as an army builder. :tongue:

Don't get me wrong - i'd buy them!

yeah - but i think it's even less likely that DST will create minimates of naked teenaged girls with giant test-tube accessories that appeared for like 2 issues as an army builder. :tongue:

Don't get me wrong - i'd buy them!

Teenage naked Emma Frosts in test tubes. Now that's a pleasant thought.

Right up until you get to the dangerously psychotic telepaths part, yes.

Of course he's pathetic, he's Toad. He's suppossed to be pathetic. He had to beg to get a janitor job, and that's a step up. He's the resident toadying henchman, and not Lee's most original idea.

That said, I'm not trying to offend per say, grannyhog. I just don't share your enthusiasm for Squirrel Girl. She's a joke... literally designed to be ridiculous. That gives her a certain so-silly-it's-cool appeal, but for me I'd rather push for the longer hopping loser with Toad or for Falcon (who's definitly niether pathetic nor a loser). Not even requesting everyone should agree, not everyone was really onboard the Kangpaign.

If we get a Squirrel Girl (which I'm all for as well), we need her to come in a 2-pack with a Doctor Doom covered in squirrels. XD

I love Squirrel Girl but I agree about her appeal; in fact, that appeal is so rare and elusive, it's almost impossible to replicate judging by her weird appearances in New Avengers. Bendis had her hit on Daredevil and it seemed much more weird than it did funny.

With regards to the Toad argument, all i have to say is this:

He's pretty much, if not THE, last character from the original poster who has not be made. Therefore, he SHOULD, and needs, [to] be made.

That's an excellent point about Toad; too bad DST can't just haul off and do a "League of Losers" wave with him and Squirrel Girl together. I think Toad's more likely than SG though as I can't imagine them ever using any potential parts for her tail ever again.

As for the Cuckoo's maybe they can pack them with another army builder for double the mileage, labeling the Cuckoo as Esme or something. She was the best known of the 5 (from the stuff I've read) and putting her with a less likely/appealing army builder would possibly boost its profile.

How is it I brought up this Toad discussion in the Kang thread, and didn't get much response, but everyone is all up on it in this, mostly unrelated thread? lol...

As for the poster, yeah, he is the last one not yet made. Click the link in my sig if you want to see it, it's a pic.

Cause, it's the Kang thread, and this one is X-related.

JMO but it's between Toad and Falcon for next most needed figure. After that, the waters get muddier.

I'll pretty much stay out of this since you all know where I stand, but even if I didn't think SG should be made next, I think Falcon is inevitable as is Toad (though not to the same extent). I don't want to waste my time and effort on characters that are on the short list of eventuallity.

The more posts get made in this thread the more I can't wait to see this wave. And I'm still amazed we're getting a full X-Men wave in an Avengers/Spidey movie year.