UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get paid till next week. I'm just praying those Brood sets hold out.

Since the release date for these is still pretty far off, I'm guessing you'll be ok to pre-order next week. If it were July however...I can see the pre-orders being sold out prior to release just like the SHIELD agents. I pre-ordered my Wave 47 from Luke today, and over-ordered just slightly on the Brood packs.

Once the Brood hit, really my only last 'no-brainer' army builder that we haven't gotten has to be Mandroids.

I don't get paid till next week. I'm just praying those Brood sets hold out.

Since the release date for these is still pretty far off, I'm guessing you'll be ok to pre-order next week. If it were July however...I can see the pre-orders being sold out prior to release just like the SHIELD agents. I pre-ordered my Wave 47 from Luke today, and over-ordered just slightly on the Brood packs.

Once the Brood hit, really my only last 'no-brainer' army builder that we haven't gotten has to be Mandroids.

I don't know. Mandroids are swell, but Moloids top my list. That we've got Mole Man but not them gives me a sad face.

The problem with 90's Multiple Man is that we'd most likely never get the rest of 90's X-Factor (particularly Strong Guy), and that would make me so mad that I would rather NOT have 90's Multiple Man at all instead of having an incomplete team.

I officially change my vote to Moloids, Mystery Man, you are correct that they are more significant than Mandroids. :highfive2:

Now, back to talk about Wave 47 before a non-moderator comes in and makes an snide off-topic comment... :tongue:

The problem with 90's Multiple Man is that we'd most likely never get the rest of 90's X-Factor (particularly Strong Guy), and that would make me so mad that I would rather NOT have 90's Multiple Man at all instead of having an incomplete team.

I officially change my vote to Moloids, Mystery Man, you are correct that they are more significant than Mandroids. :highfive2:

Now, back to talk about Wave 47 before a non-moderator comes in and makes an snide off-topic comment... :tongue:

But I do agree, Mandroids would be the bee's knees. :highfive2: I'd also like to get a classic Nova Corps solider (to have classic Nova too!).

I'm thinking I'd better put in a pre-order for these soon so I don't have to struggle with getting all the army builders I want. I've been really lucky lately with picking up the last 1's and 2's of guys that I want. As I only army build to 8, it isn't too bad... I'd like to keep with that theme.

Just to add to the 'army bulders that we haven't seen yet that start with 'M'' list, I'll say '90 Multiple Man.

I knew there was a reason i liked you, sir.

I don't know. I think 90's Havok isn't too unlikely. Forge is also pretty likely. If a box set were ever announced, i could see Guido making it in. It might be a little way off yet, but would never say never on this one. Especially since almost everyone else from that Jim Lee door poster has already been made.

Back on topic - Broods Rock! I think i'm gonna try to get an extra Broodverine & see if i can use the face to make a Storm-brood. Or maybe a Ms Marvel Brood.

Wait . . were either of them actually infected?

Since you're such a fan, Serge, did you see our alternate look for Dazzler?

Marvel3.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys. i had fun making this. I did see Dazzler's alternate look Zach, but for some reason I've always liked the arcade look for her. Did someone say minimate poster contest? I had no idea there was such a thing! 90's X-Factor minimate poster, hmmm, now there's a possibility.

Edited by Serge_Havok

Just to add to the 'army bulders that we haven't seen yet that start with 'M'' list, I'll say '90 Multiple Man.

I knew there was a reason i liked you, sir.

I don't know. I think 90's Havok isn't too unlikely. Forge is also pretty likely. If a box set were ever announced, i could see Guido making it in. It might be a little way off yet, but would never say never on this one. Especially since almost everyone else from that Jim Lee door poster has already been made.

Yeah, I think they'll get made at some point. In a Q&A Chuck said not in 2012, so here's hoping 2013 is the year of X-Factor. Of course, I'd love 90's and modern versions.

The brood are awesome indeed, and this is nifty 'mate. Is anyone else reading WatXM? I think Broo might be my favorite part of that.

I would think that, as long as the line's running, there's a good chance they'll do PAD's X-Factor eventually. They've shown a lot of love for the '90's X-books, and X-Factor seems like a logical way to move once they finish X-Force.

I was just thinking of an army builder I'd like to see... oh yeah, Cross Tech security staff, as part of the "Mark Gruenwald's Hawkeye mini-series" wave!

Mockingbird/Crossfire

Oddball/Bombshell

Hawkeye/Cross security guard/BD Hawkeye variant

Guarenteed to sell more then the Jean DeWolff wave. Amiright or amiright?

Yes and no.

Yes - Why would they work so hard to give us 90's X-Men, X-Force, and Excalibur, but not X-Factor? Just doesn't make sense unless something prevented them from doing so.

No - I have no idea who Cross Tech Security are, so, while I'd still buy them because they're Minimates, I wouldn't go to the extreme lengths that I did for SHIELD, or will for the Brood (full circle back on topic - BOOSH).

Might be better to go the random-wheel-of-unrelated-army-builders, like Skrulls in a X-Men wave, rather than trying to stick with a theme. Moliods or Leader's Humaniods or something like that. Or the gold with yellow accessories special assignment SHIELD agents for that matter.

Might be better to go the random-wheel-of-unrelated-army-builders, like Skrulls in a X-Men wave, rather than trying to stick with a theme. Moliods or Leader's Humaniods or something like that.

Skrulls were in the Wolverine wave, so I think did fit the theme, but I agree it's better to get a big name unrelated army builder than a relevant one I've never heard of.