UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray for the FIRST EVER complete Blue and Gold roster!!!

(Left room in the back for Forge and Banshee ;D)

That's awesome! That's my goal... and it's gonna be an expensive one, hehe. But today I picked up 90's Cyclops, Jean grey, Beast, and Rogue. So I'm getting there!

Others have already posted theirs, so here's my take on a Flying Brood. A poor SDCC Zik lost his wings and harness for this mod. I sliced the harness right above the wing mounts, painted it green, and glued the wings in place. I gave the wings a slight wash to make them look a little slimier. They are still transparent, even though the pictures don't really show it. I particularly like this mod as I can remove the harness and the Brood is 100% the original 'mate.

FlyingBrood1.jpg

FlyingBrood2.jpg

FlyingBrood3.jpg

FlyingBrood4.jpg

FlyingBrood5.jpg

If anyone is looking to trade and in need of all the outback x-men, I just picked up a havoc/storm today that I don't need. Pm me if interested.

Looking for a movie blob figure along with any of the humans from walking dead.

I really like the calmer face on Havok. Which face is that? I was really hoping that Havok wouldn't be yelling this time, but that looks like a nice alternative.

I used the extra head that came with movie Hawkeye, It looks good and I wasn't using it for anything.

I like this Havok much better. The old one wasn't bad,it had one foot in the older style of minimate and one in the new. This is the best classic Havok since the exclusive Toy Biz one from the 90's. I just don't like the screaming face on Havok, that all the figures seem to have. Havok, despite his name tends to have an air of calm to him.

Yeah, that's the thing, I like the headgear on the first one much, much more. Generally, I prefer a slipon mask, but this case I really don't like the lack of cuts on the white stripes (all apologies to Jack and Meg). Eh, I just don't think this Havok is enough of an improvement to buy, especially since he's packed with one of my all-time least favorite characters.

Here are the 3 Havok minimates. I agree I think the original one has a more accurate headpiece gem thing. Although the back is supposed to the neck piece. I was actually lucky enough to talk to Neal Adams about Havok's costume design. The gem captures the solar energy, the head thingy transfers it to the suit, and the suit contains the energy.

DSC04265.jpg

Havok was the lead character when I started reading X-men, so kinda have a soft spot for him! And I always wondered who he was when I was a kid on the Toy Biz X-Men boxes, the mysteriously absent figure from series 2. I like Kitty Pryde the best, here is an update I did of her Excalibur costume link

Edited by havok