UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got an email today from Luke's toy store saying that these had shipped, which surprised me cuz i thought i would have to wait until the 2nd Alpha Flight box sets came in. unfortunately, they're shipping to my roommate's mom's house, which was the original address i was using before i moved in here. she lives like 40 minutes away, so i have no idea when i'm gonna see these =(

while these all look amazing...i find it odd Dazzler has no energy pieces it seems....or did i miss something?

Sorry dude, my bad. I was rushing to get these pics posted before bed that I totally forgot to put Dazzler's energy piece on. I also for got to snap a pic of both Colossus' fastball special hands. That's right, there are 2 versions of this hand in his pack. Awesome!

Placed my order for this wave this morning and my TRU ones are on the way as well. XD Outback team all in one like this is so awesome!

That and Colossus also doubling for 90s X-Men (I bought two for this very reason).

As much as I was NOT looking forward to adding yet another Wolverine to my collection, this one has become The Definitive Wolvie 'mate, in my opinion. I really like the sculpting on the boots and the mask/hood accessory is a great touch. If he'd come with retracted claws, it would be perfect.

The uniform chest piece that Colossus wears in the pack looks a little too big. Mine was a bit warped in the blister so when it came out, it looked more like he was wearing a coat. This is one of those instances where I wish I could have gotten a 2.5" body instead. Still, for some reason, he looks a little better in the alternate chest piece but he suffers from chicken legs in both. That would be a great look for Hellboy, not so much for poor Piotr.

Can't wait to get Longshot and Dazzler; they've both been on my want list for awhile (even if I would have preferred Disco Dazzler). That may be all I get from this wave, though. I can't decide if I want the Brood enough to get a Wolverine that I don't particularly want. Eh, I probably do. But I'm not impressed enough with Colossus to replace the original release, and Rogue's never been a character that I like.

As much as I was NOT looking forward to adding yet another Wolverine to my collection, this one has become The Definitive Wolvie 'mate, in my opinion. I really like the sculpting on the boots and the mask/hood accessory is a great touch. If he'd come with retracted claws, it would be perfect.

I dig this Wolvie a lot, but he's still not feeling like the definitive brown Wolvie to me. I think he could really use those bigger boots of Brood Wolvie, and he should be a more burnt orange than yellow color. As-is, he's a perfect Secret Wars Wolvie to be posed with Secret Wars Doom.

Be very careful with the extra hands. The pegs are too big for the arm holes in some. Look at the alt hand in picture of Longshot that maxcarnage posted further up. If you try to force it past that, you'll have to twist it to get it to go in but the plastic is too soft and will try to shear off. I'm going to have to get a second one because of that. And the pegs on the Colossus throw hands are just too small for the holes in Wolverine's feet. There's no "grip" to it like a minimate stand would have. Or did I just get a bad set?

Be very careful with the extra hands. The pegs are too big for the arm holes in some. Look at the alt hand in picture of Longshot that maxcarnage posted further up. If you try to force it past that, you'll have to twist it to get it to go in but the plastic is too soft and will try to shear off. I'm going to have to get a second one because of that. And the pegs on the Colossus throw hands are just too small for the holes in Wolverine's feet. There's no "grip" to it like a minimate stand would have. Or did I just get a bad set?

You are not alone with with either issue. I trimmed down Longshot's wrist peg and am making Pete's hand peg a bit thicker with green stuff. I will make that fastball special work gosh darnit!

Karamazov - What's the plans for all the multiple Wolverines? :wolvie:

Probably into a box in the closet :(

Strangely, I "army build" figures and characters I like a lot, and brown Wolvie is probably my favorite look of my favorite childhood comic character, so I'm stocking up with at least 3 of them.

Karamazov - What's the plans for all the multiple Wolverines? :wolvie:

Probably into a box in the closet :(

Strangely, I "army build" figures and characters I like a lot, and brown Wolvie is probably my favorite look of my favorite childhood comic character, so I'm stocking up with at least 3 of them.

I do that as well. For figures I really like, if something breaks or gets scratched up badly, I've got an extra. Y'know, "just in case".

I'm sitting on 4 Dr. Strange's, for example.