UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havok's blast-shot is really really cool!! Is it going to be translucent?

Longshot's reminds me of Gambits piece, pretty neat. Wonder if Dazzler will get anything?

Let's ask the man. Yo Zach, is Dazzler going to come with any laser / light beam accessorie(s) or will she just come with her second hairpiece and jacket?

On Havok, in these shots and the TF pics, there is no gap between his head and the, uh, headgear slat things. Is that how these will be in final production? Slight but understandable bummer if so. Either way, this wave (and Havok/Storm) is shaping up to be among my favorite waves.

Havok's blast-shot is really really cool!! Is it going to be translucent?

Longshot's reminds me of Gambits piece, pretty neat. Wonder if Dazzler will get anything?

Let's ask the man. Yo Zach, is Dazzler going to come with any laser / light beam accessorie(s) or will she just come with her second hairpiece and jacket?

Not that I saw, but I'll double-check.

On Havok, in these shots and the TF pics, there is no gap between his head and the, uh, headgear slat things. Is that how these will be in final production? Slight but understandable bummer if so. Either way, this wave (and Havok/Storm) is shaping up to be among my favorite waves.

That's how it looked at Toy Fair, and since this is a tooled test shot, I can't imagine that will change.

normal_Marvel7.jpg

Embarrassed to say I didn't know we made him already, in Series 20. Looks like that one had what you want.

http://minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=418&n=Havok++Polaris

Edited by Zach Oat

The earlier version is very nice and very sleek, but to me, with the screaming face it's a bit too specific. I tend to prefer more neutral faces. Although the energy blast effect torso tampo is among my favorite. He's a very incredible "in action" 'mate, I prefer this one's neutrality. Like I said, it's only a slight and very understandable thing. :)

Yeah, I'm not really complaining, but the selection of Havoc confused me. Did DST just forget they did him? (I suspect that happens.) The old one, IMO wasn't bad enough off to warrant a retread. Like you said, the new one is different, and nice, but to my X Men-illiterate eye, they look exactly the same.

Still, I make you guys suffer though endless Spidermans that I love and y'all don't want. I can suffer a single Havoc or two.

i understand completely why we are getting a second Havoc, the first one is a great figure but to me does not stand up to todays standards, namely the head, even though it had the gaps like in the comic, the rings always seemed way to small to me and the non sculpted mask always looked off to me, i think the sculpted mask is ten times better. as is the chest tampo and the inclusion of that awesome blast piece

I also dig the new mask. Did Havok deserve a 2nd figure before some other notable characters never even had their first? Maybe. But I'm glad to get him personally. And I certainly think he warrants more figures considering someone like White Queen is about to get her 4th comic figure and 5th figure overall (and I realize she is more important to modern day X-Men, but Havok was pretty dang important in the period when I was reading comics and White Queen was just another X-villain).

What Dr. Sam said as far as Havok is concerned goes for me too.

And I'm greedier than Geo- I want more unpainted tests and more painted sample pictures. And tray shots. Let's not forget tray shots. (love you, Zach, mean it.)

What Dr. Sam said as far as Havok is concerned goes for me too.

And I'm greedier than Geo- I want more unpainted tests and more painted sample pictures. And tray shots. Let's not forget tray shots. (love you, Zach, mean it.)

Wait, which Sam? KA is a doctor?

Yeah, I'm not really complaining, but the selection of Havoc confused me. Did DST just forget they did him? (I suspect that happens.)

I think Chuck just wanted to complete the team. But even if he'd forgotten, Robert knows everybody we've ever made. And that was four years ago we made him, with a tampo mask. Will check for a hairpiece.

Plus - there have been a lot of collectors come on board since then. The accessory alone makes him an awesome re-release. I think i'm going to use the new blast on the old body :)

I think the new take on Alex makes him a worthy re-do.

I hope this doesn't mean we wont see a 90's or current Havok sometime in the next year or two.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread also (while we are on the subject of the TRU wave with Havok), but is the hairpiece for Storm the same as the 90's Rogue? I think I can make out a sculpted hairband on the promo shots of Outback Storm. Do you know if this is the final hairpiece Zach? Thanks.

I actually think Havok is exactly the type that should get a redo, and I hate pointless redos. I never understood why the original didn't have a slip over mask, and he just felt kind of cheaply made, like Polaris came back more expensive than they planned and he got scaled back, so I'm all for a proper Havok, a definitive one in my eyes.