UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these are executed well, then this should be in my top 2 or 3 waves all time. Updates, and missing characters that X-Men fans of the 80s desperately needed. :thumbsup:

Regarding the claws, on the prototype, the claws on Brood Wolvie look great (not sure I have those on any Wolvie that I own), but the ones on traditional brown Wolvie look like the "needle" claws we've seen many times. Weird that those two figures also have different boots. I wonder if we'll get uniformity between those two figures in the final release or not.

Edited by karamazov80

If these are executed well, then this should be in my top 2 or 3 waves all time. Updates, and missing characters that X-Men fans of the 80s desperately needed. :thumbsup:

Regarding the claws, on the prototype, the claws on Brood Wolvie look great (not sure I have those on any Wolvie that I own), but the ones on traditional brown Wolvie look like the "needle" claws we've seen many times. Weird that those two figures also have different boots. I wonder if we'll get uniformity between those two figures in the final release or not.

These are the same prototypes that were at Toy Fair, but I said in the Toy Fair thread that both would ultimately have the razor claws. At least, that is the plan. I can't remember what they said about the boots, though.

Edited by Zach Oat

These are the same prototypes that were at Toy Fair, but I said in the Toy Fair thread that both would ultimately have the razor claws. At least, that is the plan. I can't remember what they said about the boots, though.

I just noticed the boots on Brood infected Wolverine. :happy: It's funny to see that a hero's costume can also get infected by the brood and change it's shape.

This is the first wave in a while that'm just going to order up the entire thing. These days mostly I've just been picky and not getting everything, but this wave is incredible. The claws on Brood Wolverine look awesome and hopefully become the only claws we get anymore, if they're as good in execution as they are in the pictures. It all just looks awesome and I can't wait for these to come out.

The NYTF prototype had a "bare chest" Colossus option:

http://toyfair12.asmzine.com/gallery/diamond-select-toys/slides/DSC04342.html

Dazzler also had 2 looks:

http://toyfair12.asmzine.com/gallery/diamond-select-toys/slides/DSC04346.html

Edited by karamazov80

I am so going to have these if just to have that updated 90s Colossus that converts into Outback Colossus... Heck, I'll probably be buying two just to have both teams complete at once.

And of course to have Longshot and Dazzler at last. XD I was thinking if we ever got Dazzler it'd be her disco look or something first.

Awsome, add in the armoured psylocke and havok for the full roster and one of my favorite X-Men incarnations is complete, which lead to me thinking up some more army builders that we haven't had yet, genoshan guards and smileys!

it must be a reader thing and I am going to be the fly in the ointment, but for me the there is only 2 to mates in in this group that are any good and that is Colossus and the army builder Brood the rest to me suck. I have brown wolvies, I dont care if the one with teeth looks like a zombie or infected the difference is slight.

I think its more to do with me as longshot etc happendfor me the same x-plosin 50 diffrent xteams and holo covers..and they wher all crap

just to confirm, last official word from Zach was that all the variation options from Toy Fare (2 looks for Colossus, Dazzler, etc) will be included with the characters.

and yes indeed, this wave is absolutely fabulous work... bold, colourful, the perfect blend of simplicity and detail... exactly what first attracted me to minimates. Great work DST, will be buying up the whole wave (which really rarely happens)

Awsome, add in the armoured psylocke and havok for the full roster and one of my favorite X-Men incarnations is complete, which lead to me thinking up some more army builders that we haven't had yet, genoshan guards and smileys!

At least a new Havok coming means the old one can be retired... I'd kind of forgotten we had gotten Psylocke in her armored look a while back given my default version is generally the 90s/Jim Lee one.

Seriously, it's waves like this one that remind me why I collect Marvel Minimates for all my Marvel wants after selling all my Marvel Legends and gave up on Universe.

it must be a reader thing and I am going to be the fly in the ointment, but for me the there is only 2 to mates in in this group that are any good and that is Colossus and the army builder Brood the rest to me suck. I have brown wolvies, I dont care if the one with teeth looks like a zombie or infected the difference is slight.

I think its more to do with me as longshot etc happendfor me the same x-plosin 50 diffrent xteams and holo covers..and they wher all crap

To each their own, but this team happened before the early 1990s period you are referring to (and that I agree was mostly crap). In fact, I consider the mid-late 1980s as the 2nd best period of the X-Men, after the Claremont/Byrne period of the late 1970s/early 1980s. Of course, I'm probably a bit biased because this is when I really got into them, but still. The 10th to 12th Annuals are some of my favorite comics from my childhood. And Longshot's miniseries from 1985 was also a childhood favorite of mine (with the awesome Art Adams artwork), so I am a big fan of that character particularly. I remember my mom paying $20 or so per issue to get them for me for my birthday one year.

These look amazing! My only issue is that we've already got a brown Wolvy (4 in fact) the last one being just as good as this one.

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you both on the brown Wolvie front. We've only had 3 legit brown Wolverines. The first 2 were essentially the same (Gaijin), one coming with a hair piece and the other with a mask, and both had issues with the huge bulky feet, a mask that has been improved drastically over time, bad flesh tones on his arm, no tampo on his legs, and those horrible early Wolvie claw hands. The more recent one was just hideous to my eyes. The sculpt on the mask was weird, and the eye placement didn't work, and the paint apps were sloppy and not sharp. The mask is a crucial part of Wolvie to get right, and so far the best we've seen on that front is from Daken, who isn't Wolverine to me.

I think this figure was most in need of an update of all Marvel Minimates, because it is one of Marvel most popular characters, in one of his two most important looks, but has never been done justice. Here's hoping that this one finally does the job!