UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Really? They're bringing back X-treme X-men?

Lobsterman

Really?

Lemme guess... now that everyone but the Brotherhood has left Utopia, Scott needs an even more X-TREME strike team than X-Force to really scare the crap out of threats to the mutant race! They're willing to do the dirty work even Wolverine won't touch!

It's weird; I stopped reading X-books in the early 90's when they were spinning off series like crazy and had like 20 X-teams. I didn't pick them back up again until the early 2000s when the X-universe collapsed under its own weight and they scaled back to a couple good titles. Now the cycle seems to be repeating...

Actually i enjoyed the first few story arcs of the book, but I'm guessing it will be no more X-Treme X-Men than Uncanny X-Force is X-Force, just a comic that uses the same name. I'd wait and see what it's like when it's out before commenting on it really.

Any details on this? I assume it's post AvX.

This is Marvel, nothing remains dead.

My guess? A mini-series starring a bunch of the younger, more popular mutants (like Pixie) get sick of the Wolverine / Cyclops split and go independent, preparing for the end of the world as the Phoenix threatens the Earth.

Marvel owns those comic Title Names and it makes sense from a marketing and investment perspective to continue to bring awareness to the same "brand names". But I disagree with your comparison. The new X-Force continues to be consistently feature a dynamic group of characters that do assassinations or other "dirty work" the public facing X-Teams can't pull off with so much attention. Great book these many past several years and it deserves recognition.

A better comparison would be Batman and Detective Comics, or Amazing Spiderman and Spectacular Spiderman

A better comparison would be Batman and Detective Comics, or Amazing Spiderman and Spectacular Avenging Spiderman

Much like the cartoon world, there is no more Spectacular Spider-Man

F*&% NO!

God - i wouldn't mind so much if the x-titles continued to spin-off, so long as they kept separate characters in separate books. If Psylocke is in X-Force/New York, then she probably shouldn't be in the Utopian X-Men/San Fran.

Right now - the x-men are spread pretty thing.

Colossus is currently in 3 books.

Storm is in 3

Psylocke 2

White Queen 2

Cyclops 2 - 4

Wolverine 3

etc. . . . and these are just the team books - not counting the mini-seires or solo titles.

Unless the X-Treme features a line-up of Random, Dragoness, Exodus & (insert other underused x-character), i'm gonna be disappointed. unsurprised, but disappointed.

Marvel owns those comic Title Names and it makes sense from a marketing and investment perspective to continue to bring awareness to the same "brand names". But I disagree with your comparison. The new X-Force continues to be consistently feature a dynamic group of characters that do assassinations or other "dirty work" the public facing X-Teams can't pull off with so much attention. Great book these many past several years and it deserves recognition.

A better comparison would be Batman and Detective Comics, or Amazing Spiderman and Spectacular Spiderman

I assume you're referring to my post? and my comparison is perfectly valid as Uncanny X-Force is nothing like the original X-Force (90's) title, I'm well aware of the quality of the current incarnation but you can't deny they are in no way similar.

Yeah - the cover of issue 1 features alternate universe incarnations of White Queen, Wolverine & Nightcrawler.

x-treme-x-men-1.jpg

At least it's not going to mess with continuity too much as these characters wont be appearing in other titles, but i really would like to see some more of the 616 universe characters get some actual exposure.