UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Incredible Hulk Four Pack

ImABarRoomHero

Who's planning on buying this set?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on picking this set up?

• Yes, can't wait for a Hulk 4 pack.
    • No, I have little to no interest.
    • Couldn't care less either way.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And Composite Superman cameoed in Justice League Unlimited in the episode "The Greatest Story Never Told."

But even at in the oh so silly Silver Age, CSM wasn't actually a merging of Batman and Superman, it was the the very weird form chosen by the villain with the powers of the whole stinkin' LOSH. (Which probably counts as super-power overkill) (okay, well he was a composite in the JLU ep., and I can't speak for that annual as I never read it.)

Composite Hulk on the other hand really was a composite of Ross and Banner.

And my distain stems more from not likeing Red Hulk the longer he stays around as a character. YMMV.

What? How could you not like a character that has all of the sales interesting storytelling potential of Red Hulk? He's got the wisecracking wit of Thing; the scrappy, do-what-it-takes killer instinct of Wolverine; the strategic battle prowess of Captain America; and the kid-friendly toy marketing appeal um long and distinguished history with the Avengers of Hulk, or a Hulk-like individual! And he's red! As we say in the graphic design industry, if you can't make it good, make it big; if you can't make it big, make it red!

Wait - so it wasn't just cover-art . . . . there actually WAS a compound hulk character int he story?

My thoughts exactly... lol...

That's what I get for not reading comics for the last few years... last time I read books it WAS just cover art... damn economy... lol...

It may sound weird... but knowing this was an actual canon thing now, makes me a bit more open to this Hulk than I was before. Warms me up to it a tad more. (Would still prefer Grey Hulk, but *Shrug* that's what Toys R Us waves are for I guess...)

So was he like, a completely separate third character? Or what? What's Two-Face Hulk's deal? lol...

PS. As for Maestro's arm, I'm assuming it will be sculpted into the cape, and he'll just come with a detachable second arm for when the cape is removed, and he looks more like his Marvel Legends toy.

Edited by Gillbob316

So was he like, a completely separate third character? Or what? What's Two-Face Hulk's deal? lol...

Some threat required Banner and Ross to merge their forms and augment this power.

What I would not mind, on some level, is for Rulk's murder victim, the Abombmination, to rise up from the grave and yielding strength like Blonsky has not possessed since his initial transformation. Then beat ol' Ross within an inch of his life. That's what I'd like to read.

And speaking of which, I know this is a TTA set, but a Bulked up Abonbmination would be much better than the composite. JMO.

Blame it all on the Impossible Man. It was one of those fun, done-in-one, crazy imaginative stories wherein the Hulk and Rulk are put up against Kluh (essentially the Bizarro Hulk) and some other menace. As these things tend to end, the only way the threat could be defeated was by combining the red and green Hulks into a completely Schizo, but incredibly strong beast.

It was honestly a whole lot of fun and convinced me to start reading the Rulk book for a while.

Oh don't take this as an endorsement of the current state of the Hulk... I've quit keeping track of this story until my general disgust at it dies down.

Cloning? Really? This is Doom's solution? Really? And clearly it's worked sooooo well.

Anyway I know I'm addict enough to catch it up later, but I guess this is part of my problem with Red Hulk at present. When he was a villain, the Hulk equivelant of the Reverse Flash, I didn't mind him. But his hero turn is to me driven by two things- Venomesque popularity, and the desire for a more co-operative Hulk. This ticks me off a bit, because it says Marvel editorial would rather tell weird tales of Hulk, King of the Moliods than let him rejoin the Avengers. So instead of the Real Hulk, we get the Red one, who for the most part acts just like the real one; even breaking out the "strongest one there is" tag line on Colossus. It all reenforces the impression he's a substitue Hulk, cause the real one can't play right now.

And don't get me started on the whole "cold blooded killing a man" issue. But I guess I the idea I have a problem with that means I may be officially getting too old for this $#!T.

Oh don't take this as an endorsement of the current state of the Hulk... I've quit keeping track of this story until my general disgust at it dies down.

Cloning? Really? This is Doom's solution? Really? And clearly it's worked sooooo well.

Anyway I know I'm addict enough to catch it up later, but I guess this is part of my problem with Red Hulk at present. When he was a villain, the Hulk equivelant of the Reverse Flash, I didn't mind him. But his hero turn is to me driven by two things- Venomesque popularity, and the desire for a more co-operative Hulk. This ticks me off a bit, because it says Marvel editorial would rather tell weird tales of Hulk, King of the Moliods than let him rejoin the Avengers. So instead of the Real Hulk, we get the Red one, who for the most part acts just like the real one; even breaking out the "strongest one there is" tag line on Colossus. It all reenforces the impression he's a substitue Hulk, cause the real one can't play right now.

And don't get me started on the whole "cold blooded killing a man" issue. But I guess I the idea I have a problem with that means I may be officially getting too old for this $#!T.

Don't worry, it's going to get much MUCH lamer to prep for the movie. One of my buddies in the industry filled me in...get ready for 616 to match the movies a little too much..... :rolleyes:

Don't worry, it's going to get much MUCH lamer to prep for the movie. One of my buddies in the industry filled me in...get ready for 616 to match the movies a little too much..... :rolleyes:

That's nothing new. It's happened in some form or another with almost all of the Marvel movies in the past, going all the way back to the first X-Men flick and the change-up in costumes. Happened again with the first Spidey film, as 616 Peter got organic webs.

Whilst I'm fairly keen about this set it should be noted that there have been very few minimate Hulks that anybody seems to like. That is just my observation & I personally love The Defenders version & the very latest Bulk is amazing. There isn't a single Hulk version that minimate collectors universally love & just about any version is readily available on ebay at a reasonable cost.

So we get a box set of 4 ? Odd.

I don't even think you can call Red Hulk a character, unless you consider a Mary Marketing Sue a character. I mean, this guy is so many cliches all rolled into one. I thought it was an intriguing idea when he was a villain, until he started doing The Worf Effect on multiple worthwhile characters, from curb-stomping Abomination, to killing a Wendigo which is supposed to be impossible, to stealing the Silver Surfer's board, didn't he even pick up Thor's hammer once?

Personally I have no interest in reading the equivalent of a 13 year old's fan fiction.

I don't even think you can call Red Hulk a character, unless you consider a Mary Marketing Sue a character. I mean, this guy is so many cliches all rolled into one. I thought it was an intriguing idea when he was a villain, until he started doing The Worf Effect on multiple worthwhile characters, from curb-stomping Abomination, to killing a Wendigo which is supposed to be impossible, to stealing the Silver Surfer's board, didn't he even pick up Thor's hammer once?

Personally I have no interest in reading the equivalent of a 13 year old's fan fiction.

by now, ive actually grown to love red hulk, yes he was a marketing ploy, but so was secret wars, and thats one of my favorite comic arcs of all time, red hulk has gotten some great dialogue and has effectively made himself seem more bad ass then the hulk while still having a plausible weakness

Yep. Did all that Rulk did... except the hammer bit has been retconned into Rulk riding the hammer while it returned to Thor. I liked serveral elements of this despite the over the top jobbing of Marvel powerhouses, The idea that at the end of the day Hulk's most dangerous enemy if his first one, and that an empowered Ross should be a scary thing. And having Rulk get cold feet when his Intelligencia pals plans are coming to fruition and becoming a reluctant allie of the Hulk. Those actions, even the silly stuff, was all in character for Thunderbolt Ross, reveling in his newfound might. And I understand the idea that at his core, Ross is a patriot and is really only most criminally dangerous to Banner. Okay. If, IF they were still writing Ross as Red Hulk, it would irke me hat another stone cold killer is on the Avengers, but I could take it. But that's not what they are doing. We get the equivelant of the Grey Hulk's attitude in a powerful red body. If he's going to act like a Banner Hulk, then why is he even there instead of Banner?

i still think it's a shame we haven't gotten a doc sampson 'mate yet. it would be such a simple figure to produce with previously sculpted parts.

and am i the only child of the 80s on this board who would have liked a "disco" dazzler instead of that 90s version? (i would have vastly preferred a classic dazzler as the chase figure over that sloppy looking brood-wolvie, but oh well...)

and am i the only child of the 80s on this board who would have liked a "disco" dazzler instead of that 90s version? (i would have vastly preferred a classic dazzler as the chase figure over that sloppy looking brood-wolvie, but oh well...)

How is it sloppy looking, velvet?

Most of you know that Hulk is my favorite character and minimates are one of my favorite collectible toys. That said, I have not been real impressed with any of the Hulks since the first one. I think its hard to do a character that is meant to be so much bigger than the average sized character with the limitations that are in place. Its just hard to accept Hulk standing the same size as Spiderman or Wolverine. Bulking the character piece up with large arms and chest pieces does nothing for me. I don't find them improvements, but because I really like both the character and the platform, I buy them and stare at them lovingly for hours... Bring on this four pack. I have wanted a Maestro for some time now.

I'd rather have 70's Dazzler over the Brood too. That's not to say the Brood doesn't rock. I'll be usin him in my Hulk display as the Brood Warbound.

Brood Wolverine, not Brood drone. If this army builder gets canned, especially for 70's Dazzler, heads will roll. Replace Wolvie (but keep the better claws and boots) with Dazzler, fine. Don't replace the army builder with a single character. Screw that.

I want more Broods(? Breed? Brood. :lol:) than SHIELD agents or Multiple Men. And I'm still not happy with my vast numbers of them. :sweat:

Whilst I'm fairly keen about this set it should be noted that there have been very few minimate Hulks that anybody seems to like. That is just my observation & I personally love The Defenders version & the very latest Bulk is amazing. There isn't a single Hulk version that minimate collectors universally love & just about any version is readily available on ebay at a reasonable cohave

So we get a box set of 4 ? Odd.

Are you saying that we shouldn't make a TTA box set of a character until the collectors are satisfied with what they have? Or that we should just give up? :biggrin:

I think this is one of two or three logical choices for TTA sets, given what we've made. And while the TTA sets are generally aimed at a less discriminating collector, the more Hulks we make, the closer we get to making that perfect one for you guys.

And sorry some of you aren't a fan of Compound Hulk. We saw the Hasbro figure at NYCC and said, "Well, the fans want us to be more like MU..." (Kidding!)