UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Incredible Hulk Four Pack

ImABarRoomHero

Who's planning on buying this set?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on picking this set up?

• Yes, can't wait for a Hulk 4 pack.
    • No, I have little to no interest.
    • Couldn't care less either way.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And THAT's why we shouldn't show control art in advance. You saw art over a year ago, but the prototypes weren't seen until last fall.

And I think you should all feel free to start QCing your Hammerheads now.

Hey, no complaints here! I liked the advance lead time, it gave me more time to brainstorm customs off this set!

And no Hammerhead? He is a Spiderman villain after all.

Woot! Heres to AFX announcing their THREE sets soon!! :)

It was due to us developing the set for one retailer, then offering it to another when that retailer backed out. The second retailer did not want it, so we had to move ahead with it for Previews, which means prototyping, soliciting, then waiting for orders. It all added up.

Looks like AFX may announce their three exclusive sets this week or next, so keep an eye out.

three Marvel sets??

Hrm. Looks like some shipped early -- they're scheduled for next week. Keep me posted if you see any more. You, too, Luke.

I'm a dunce, they shot those at C2E2. 6/19 should still be the date.

Edited by DSTZach

Hrm. Looks like some shipped early -- they're scheduled for next week. Keep me posted if you see any more. You, too, Luke.

I'm a dunce, they shot those at C2E2. 6/19 should still be the date.

And on the 19th day, there were proclamations of "Hot Sex," and there was much rejoicing.

I just picked mine up from the LCS.

I have to say that getting the tampo/paint registration correct on the Composite Hulk was obviously a challenge. I went through four sets before I found one where the green/red paint aligned properly with the black tampo line art on the chest. Even so it's not a clean line. There's a little overspray between colors which, while unintentional, actually looks pretty realistic. Unfortunately the registration on the face is off. Otherwise this is a pretty cool figure with a nice range of motion for its bulk. I'll try to get a decent image when I get home.

Barbarian Hulk has a problem common to many Minimates with big feet; right out of the blister his left foot slipped off. I don't know if the peg is too short or too narrow or what but nothing's keeping that foot on. The sculpting is great, with lots of little (Moloid?) skulls decorating his neck just begging for a dark wash to bring out the details. The left shoulder piece was assembled upside down but once I corrected it, the range of motion returned.

If you're into gangsters (and really, who isn't?) then Joe Fixit Hulk is a must-have, if only for the fedora and Tommy gun. No issues with loose feet or hands here. The parts swap out nicely. I'm thinking about getting at least one more set to display this guy both ways and to see if I can get a Composite Hulk head with better tampo/paint registration. (Not to mention a Hammerhead QC!)

Having never read the storyline, I don't know anything about Maestro Hulk. I do know that this is one hell of a well-accessorized Minimate. The extra crown and cape are sweet additions but the Avengers' trophies take the cake. Each item is removable from the based and fit back in nice and snug. My only complaint about the figure is that the arms can't be raised without popping the shoulders out of their sockets. However the articulation at the elbows works great. I expected that to be a problem but am happily surprised. Nice engineering there.

One peeve about this and other bulked up figures is that the thigh coverings seem to be tampoed and put on backwards which inhibits the range of motion at the knees. Barbarian Hulk and Maestro got it right but Joe Fixit and Composite Hulk did not. This seems to be an ongoing QC issue somewhere along the line that still needs to be addressed.

All criticisms aside, this is a fantastic boxed set for anyone who collects obscure variations of popular characters. Most previous Hulks now look puny in my collection and many demand to be properly bulked up. (You, too, Abomination.) In the meantime, I'll be buying a second set... and maybe a third.

Thanks for the assessment MPL. Still no shipping notice on mine, but soon I imagine. Future Imperfect is a short read, but very cool IMO. Give it a read.

I go the email from my LCS that my set is in. Unfortunately, I will probably have to wait to Friday to pick it up.

Hulk sad. :(

I really like them all, but that Maestro is probably my new favorite. I am really impressed by them all, but somebody was not messing around with that Maestro design.