UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Incredible Hulk Four Pack

ImABarRoomHero

Who's planning on buying this set?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on picking this set up?

• Yes, can't wait for a Hulk 4 pack.
    • No, I have little to no interest.
    • Couldn't care less either way.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And sorry some of you aren't a fan of Compound Hulk. We saw the Hasbro figure at NYCC and said, "Well, the fans want us to be more like MU..." (Kidding!)

Oh, and this is the figure you picked out of all the (Puck) ones shown (Nighthawk) emulate (KANG)?:rolleyes:

And sorry some of you aren't a fan of Compound Hulk. We saw the Hasbro figure at NYCC and said, "Well, the fans want us to be more like MU..." (Kidding!)

my first exposure to Compound Hulk was that figure (and then I learned it was a unique character and got sad) and I thought that figure looked really bad ass, and I thought “That’s a fun figure, too bad it’s probably based on some one off concept like an exclusive cover for a con exclusive comic or something so I won’t get a minimate of it"

So even though your story is fictitious, thank you for a figure of that figure (I like this set, all 4 of them, it’s made of win and topped with awesome sauce, I’m just going to pretend Composite Hulk is a DBZ-style spilt screen of the two Hulks and not a literal Composite Hulk, cuz he’s cooler that way)

So even though your story is fictitious, thank you for a figure of that figure (I like this set, all 4 of them, it’s made of win and topped with awesome sauce, I’m just going to pretend Composite Hulk is a DBZ-style spilt screen of the two Hulks and not a literal Composite Hulk, cuz he’s cooler that way)

Well said. This sums up my feelings towards Compy-Hulk very nicely.

So even though your story is fictitious, thank you for a figure of that figure (I like this set, all 4 of them, it's made of win and topped with awesome sauce, I'm just going to pretend Composite Hulk is a DBZ-style spilt screen of the two Hulks and not a literal Composite Hulk, cuz he's cooler that way)

Well said. This sums up my feelings towards Compy-Hulk very nicely.

As the Macho Man would have said "OOOOH YEAH I CAN DIG IT!!!!"

Whilst I'm fairly keen about this set it should be noted that there have been very few minimate Hulks that anybody seems to like. That is just my observation & I personally love The Defenders version & the very latest Bulk is amazing. There isn't a single Hulk version that minimate collectors universally love & just about any version is readily available on ebay at a reasonable cohave

So we get a box set of 4 ? Odd.

Are you saying that we shouldn't make a TTA box set of a character until the collectors are satisfied with what they have? Or that we should just give up? :biggrin:

Nope, I think he's just saying that the Hulk has been the hardest of the major Marvel characters to pull off, and that making a box set of all Hulks is therefor a risk. But, on the other hand, I think you guys have shown with Mega Rage Hulk (and the upcoming Smart Hulk, who looks to be very nice) that you've unlocked the Hulk puzzle. This box set will be either amazing or a disaster; there's no middle ground (no pressure!). And, just so you know, I am betting on "amazing". :thumbsup:

BTW, I also think Defenders Hulk is the best Hulk. :wub:

[Opens up his Defenders box set for only the second time since 2007, pulls out Hulk, examines it.]

You're right, that IS our best Hulk. But Series 41 is pretty great, too. So I think we've shown we can do Hulk, and I'm not sure how this set could possibly be a "disaster." Even if you guys find something wrong with every figure in the set (No pressure! I know you can!), I'm sure it will do well with the audience we're going to be putting it in front of (it'll be an exclusive). And I think our recent box sets have been some of our best work.

Whilst I'm fairly keen about this set it should be noted that there have been very few minimate Hulks that anybody seems to like. That is just my observation & I personally love The Defenders version & the very latest Bulk is amazing. There isn't a single Hulk version that minimate collectors universally love & just about any version is readily available on ebay at a reasonable cohave

So we get a box set of 4 ? Odd.

Are you saying that we shouldn't make a TTA box set of a character until the collectors are satisfied with what they have? Or that we should just give up? :biggrin:

Nope, I think he's just saying that the Hulk has been the hardest of the major Marvel characters to pull off, and that making a box set of all Hulks is therefor a risk. But, on the other hand, I think you guys have shown with Mega Rage Hulk (and the upcoming Smart Hulk, who looks to be very nice) that you've unlocked the Hulk puzzle. This box set will be either amazing or a disaster; there's no middle ground (no pressure!). And, just so you know, I am betting on "amazing". :thumbsup:

Why can't there be a middle ground with this set? I think it will do fine. We're finally get Mr. Fixit and Maestro. Hulk fans rejoice!

[Opens up his Defenders box set for only the second time since 2007, pulls out Hulk, examines it.]

You're right, that IS our best Hulk. But Series 41 is pretty great, too. So I think we've shown we can do Hulk, and I'm not sure how this set could possibly be a "disaster." Even if you guys find something wrong with every figure in the set (No pressure! I know you can!), I'm sure it will do well with the audience we're going to be putting it in front of (it'll be an exclusive). And I think our recent box sets have been some of our best work.

You'd be amazed at how much we agree on Zach :thumbsup:

Hellpop's interpretation of my post is spot on although I don't think this set is either risky or a potential 'disaster' . All I will say is that there have been some dire Minimate interpretations of Hulk & you can lay the blame entirely on the '2 Inch Rule & How're we going to get round it ?'. Not my rule,not yours but some of the attempts have been .....oh it's all been said before :rolleyes: ....not good . All these attempts at circumnavigating the rules have always ended up with Hulk looking more like Howard the Duck or Herman Munster or even Herman the green Mallard Duck . The recent Bulk nailed the figure just beating the Defenders version. I'm just apprehensive that if the 'style' is wrong on one figure then it will follow that all four might suffer from the same....on the other hand they might all be classics.

Edited by buttheadsmate

The newest Hulk is great, sure, but I hate the face tampo. Defenders Hulk has my favorite so far, but the green doesn't match. Avengers Hulk looks fantastic with the face and bulky pieces, and will be my default display piece until we can get a whole 'Mate that looks like the green half of Composite Hulk (and if we got another that matched the red half, that would be my default as well - those halves are gorgeous!! I want whole ones of each!!).

You have good taste! :highfive2: Defenders Hulk is still my number 1 by a wide margin.

I'm not sure how this set could possibly be a "disaster."

Just don't do this, and everything will be OK.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=502&n=Professor+Hulk

Edited by karamazov80

OMG, I hate those duck feet. They need to be buried and forgotten.

Smart Hulk was a good attempt, but just didn't translate into minimate form very well IMO.

Jeez, use a word like "disaster" and everybody gets all worked up. <_< My basic point is that, when DST has missed on a Hulk figure, it's usually pretty dramatic. As BHM said, most of these issues come down to trying to add bulk to the Hulk, and it looks to me like those problems have been pretty nicely solved. I expect this set to be pretty great.

But anyway, my point is that I can't see this set just being a "meh" kinda set; it's either gonna be :jawdrop: or :sick: . And, I must repeat, I'm betting on the former.

Yeeeeaaah... so much for the whole "I can do this one-handed just to make it fair" thing.:rolleyes:

Hellpop's interpretation of my post is spot on although I don't think this set is either risky or a potential 'disaster' . All I will say is that there have been some dire Minimate interpretations of Hulk & you can lay the blame entirely on the '2 Inch Rule & How're we going to get round it ?'. Not my rule,not yours but some of the attempts have been .....oh it's all been said before :rolleyes: ....not good . All these attempts at circumnavigating the rules have always ended up with Hulk looking more like Howard the Duck or Herman Munster or even Herman the green Mallard Duck . The recent Bulk nailed the figure just beating the Defenders version. I'm just apprehensive that if the 'style' is wrong on one figure then it will follow that all four might suffer from the same....on the other hand they might all be classics.

Well, the designs are there for all to see. I think they look pretty great. Not a duck foot in sight. Doubt much will change on them, but we'll see.

Doubt much will change on them, but we'll see.

You said no duck feet, and by God, we'll hold you to that. :verymad:

Amen to that. Those were/are horrible. I can't even consider putting them on my figures.

Well, the designs are there for all to see. I think they look pretty great. Not a duck foot in sight. Doubt much will change on them, but we'll see.

post-638-0-36403500-1332444748_thumb.jpg

I think they all look pretty great & I really am trying here to just comment rather than appear to criticise but I just know I'll fail....& that's a shame..truly.

We'll call these Hulks 1-4 (L-R) .

My opinions : #1 looks superb although his head looks way wider than #2-4 .....slip-on mask size if you get my drift. It looks right so why are the others so different? I guess the argument would be 'well that's the point of a TTA set bhm!'...my opinion would be 'let sleeping Hulks lie'

#2 again looks superb but with respect there aren't many classic 'Minimates with a hat' out there & the shape of this one's head is reminiscent of the Professor Hulk Minimate's ...hooboy that one was a doozy :confused: Oddly enough ifthis head type is used with a TrenchcoatThing hat it may work out well....we'll see !

#3 Fantastic ! I know nought about this version but who cares because it's lovely.

#4 I'm well-aware of who he is but we'll stick with '#4'... sorry he just ain't going to happen ...leastways the cape ,the horned helmet/hair /headpiece ain't going to happen in that fashion . If I'm wrong the we'll have one of the best Minimates ever....I want to be wrong,I love being wrong.

So the designs are there for all to see & overall I see a potential box set winner if they are produced just like that or even 90% like that.

In conclusion I judge a Minimate from what I see in the flesh in my hand out of the packet....& here's why... post-638-0-42103100-1332446645_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The hat is removable.

Okay I have no idea if there will be hair to replace the hat with, but like 90% of all mates the hat will be removable.

Maybe.

Almost positive.

Hey you said "Please tell me", not "Does anybody know for sure if". So I told ya. :biggrin: